gay marriage

I honstly dont care
its like being racist (cant spell todayz) EDIT: ok so it isnt like being racist because like..well i just thought about it and it isnt. i guess its like being left handed it isnt their fault you can try and change it but they will forever be a natural left hander
in my mind i mean its just..unnessicary
infact My 2 favorite idols love the same gender : Ellen Degeneres and Freddie Mercury.
If thats really who you love then thats fine! Some people annoy me when they ask how i can love queen when theres a gay lead singer...well... eeexxxxcccuussseee me but how does that matter? They are humans....if thats who they love then so be it you cant change who a person loves.

bleck sorry about venting when this board is to discuss how we feel.

But yes I have never had a problem with it and i never will.

It actually is like racism. It's also like sexism, any other 'ism' that means that you're being judged or hated because of race, sexuality, gender, etc.

I honstly dont care
its like being racist (cant spell todayz) EDIT: ok so it isnt like being racist because like..well i just thought about it and it isnt. i guess its like being left handed it isnt their fault you can try and change it but they will forever be a natural left hander
in my mind i mean its just..unnessicary
infact My 2 favorite idols love the same gender : Ellen Degeneres and Freddie Mercury.
If thats really who you love then thats fine! Some people annoy me when they ask how i can love queen when theres a gay lead singer...well... eeexxxxcccuussseee me but how does that matter? They are humans....if thats who they love then so be it you cant change who a person loves.

bleck sorry about venting when this board is to discuss how we feel.

But yes I have never had a problem with it and i never will.

I get what you're saying about it being racist but I think you meant to say being a bigot. A person who discriminates someone just because who they are, if they have money, if they gay/straight/bi; discriminating someone in anyway possible.

Some of my friends from school are gay and a homophobe went up to them and started questioning them and said that god didn't want them this way. My friend just responded by saying that he's atheist. That shut the kid up.

I think it should be up to where you are getting married. Like if you were to get married in a church they decide. I just don't think it would be great if they force churches to change their way that they have been doing everything just because of one thing.

I get what you're saying about it being racist but I think you meant to say being a bigot. A person who discriminates someone just because who they are, if they have money, if they gay/straight/bi; discriminating someone in anyway possible.

Some of my friends from school are gay and a homophobe went up to them and started questioning them and said that god didn't want them this way. My friend just responded by saying that he's atheist. That shut the kid up.

That is so funny. I want to see what the kids face was like. That showed him!

I can not stand when people use gay as a way of saying something is stupid. When my friends use it I say "oh really, is the inatimate object happy? or does it like another object of the same gender?" Sounds stupid and immature, but it leaves them with no answer and they just say.... "well...." and then I'm like "exactly..." :D

no one on this earth has the right to tell you who you cant be in love with and who you can. love is love. it sees no colors, age, or sexes. and yes, it still highly ticks me off everytime i hear an immature or childish response to anything involving the word gay. people in my college classes still giggle like 10 year olds at the thought. but like i said, i think no one has the right to tell you who you can or cant love.

I am in complete support of gay marriage.
My best friend is gay, as well as many other of my friends (I'm a theatre person... sorry to play into stereotypes, but it's true!)

Anywho, I don't believe that the government should get to decide who gets marriage and who doesn't. Civil unions? Sure, that's the governments business.
But marriage? No. That's religious. What ever happend to the separation of Church and State, huh? Why is the government getting involved (majorly) in something religious?

So my personal belief is that the churches should decide who can get married and who can't. I'm Catholic, so I know the Catholic church is against it, but yeah.

Love is love. You can't help who you fall in love with, so why can't everyone be happy?

marriage was created as a religious (christian) institution. yes, i'll give you that much. the bible calls gays an 'abomination unto the lord'.

the bible also calls eating shrimp an 'abomination unto the lord'.

Needless to say, the bible is mildly (or majorly depending on your views) outdated. its like that crazy old uncle who tells you that you'll get hemorrhoids from sitting on cold concrete. there are times when you should listen and times when you shouldn't.

Marriage isn't a religious institution anymore. its a legal status. everyone should be allowed the legal rights over their partner. regardless of what is in their pants. civil unions are a word that the filter won't allow me to type. They need the exact same rights and the exact same legal standing.

you are only as strong as your weakest link, and how strong is a country that throws hissy fits over two people loving each other?

i believe that the place you want to get married should decide. like if two gays want to get married in the catholic church, hey, thats not happening. i can't force my believes down the curches' throat, just like the church can't force its down mine. but if they want a legal marriage (and not a religious one) they should have that. if marriage was a religious institution anymore, atheists wouldn't get married. and -newsflash- they do.

-steps off soapbox-

Oh, to the person who said something about the government getting involved in something religious, talking about the separation of church and state...that isn't what you think it is.

the spearation of church and state is only talking about keeping the church from instituting taxes, which they used to have a really bad habit of doing. it has nothing to do with gay marriage. And actually, its more of the church getting its nose into a legal matter (marriage rights). marriage is a legal standing now, not so much a religious one anymore.

It actually is like racism. It's also like sexism, any other 'ism' that means that you're being judged or hated because of race, sexuality, gender, etc.

Yes thats just what i mean!! I love how everyone on here understands me sometimes its just awesome! :)

a civil union is when they get married right? like it goes commitment ceremony if the state doesn't allow marriage and then civil union if they do allow marriage?

i just want to get it right for my paper.

It could be on both becasue we are talking about our opinions. So I don't think it realy matters. :confused3

It really doesn't matter.
But usually on the G/L bored, they're don't really discuss whether it's right or not. It's more like here, we just talk about whatever, and of course, Disney.
Just because it's about gay rights doesn't mean it belongs on that board and not this one.

It really doesn't matter.
But usually on the G/L bored, they're don't really discuss whether it's right or not. It's more like here, we just talk about whatever, and of course, Disney.
Just because it's about gay rights doesn't mean it belongs on that board and not this one.

Oh I know I was answering her question.

I dont support gay marriage.
Thats my opinion on it and I'm not saying anything else on the topic.

a civil union is when they get married right? like it goes commitment ceremony if the state doesn't allow marriage and then civil union if they do allow marriage?

i just want to get it right for my paper.

Civil Unions are usually only recognized in the area they are given. Say if a same-sex couple were granted a civil union in Vermont then it isn't recognized outside of Vermont whereas marriages are recognized everywhere.

Civil Unions are usually only recognized in the area they are given. Say if a same-sex couple were granted a civil union in Vermont then it isn't recognized outside of Vermont whereas marriages are recognized everywhere.

In Mass is it that they can get married or that they're in a union together?

This is in no way supposed to be an argument I just have a question. I don't know your ages so you could quite possibly be old enough to know all the facts. But if you don't support it is it because you don't or your parents don't? It's just a question that is not meant as an insult of anything like. You can PM me if you want to state your opinions or whatever. I don't judge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter