Gay Days?

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by annhjk, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Granny square

Granny square Always planning a trip!

Somehow I doubt that she would see it. Rudeness, yelling, grabbing and hitting children, sucking face, petting, spitting, line cutting, all seen from male/female couples. But two guys holding hands is offensive. :/. I hope people like Pollyanna (still think that is the craziest name choice ever!!!) do stay away. No one needs to deal with bigotry from that "nice" heterosexual on their vacation.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Granny square

Granny square Always planning a trip!

4 years ago our president was against gay marriage. 20 years ago my friends couldn't serve their God in their church. Change comes far more readily when people prove the positive rather than witch about the negative. My opinion.

Amazingly I am a homophobe on one thread and ready to lead a gay pride parade practically in another. This is like wonderland!

4. luvmy3

luvmy3 <font color=green>When I drink I find its easier t

You were shocked and disturbed by a man in a skirt taking your order. You aren't going to go to one of your favorite restaurants anymore because you don't think a man in a skirt is "family friendly" and you don't want those discussions forced on your 5 year old. (Not quite sure what those discussions could be other than, "yes Sue, he is wearing a skirt. I don't know, maybe he just likes them")
    And you don't think you should be called out on your bigotry?

I'm trying to figure out what any of this has to do with a man wearing a skirt taking your order?

5. Leajess99

Leajess99 DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2 I so agree with the this. Some people take it a little far with their PDAs and it is ridiculous. I honestly don't remember seeing any PDA from a same sex couple even during "Gay Days".

6. BuzzandWoodyMom

BuzzandWoodyMom You've Got a Friend in Me :-)

Trust me, nobody has missed your point.

And if this post was meant to clarify your earlier statment or show that you are not a bigot, you have sorely missed your mark. Are you actually comparing a man in a skirt taking your order in a restaurant to taking your child to a strip club? Or were you comparing telling/teaching your child about transgender/gay people to telling/teaching them about pimps and prostitutes? Or are you comparing gay family days at WDW to adult gay pride parades you've "seen" pictures of?

You are the face of bigotry in America and you are doing a disservice to your children.

I'm a middle class, white Christian wife and mother of 4. I'm teaching my children that Jesus loves everyone and asks that we judge no one. What are you teaching your child by freaking out that a man in a skirt served you a meal in a restaurant and now you can never return to that restaurant because you were so offended and uncomfortable? A little bit more tolerance and a little less judgment on your part will make this world a better place for your children and mine.

7. Pollyanna Poppins

Pollyanna Poppins DIS Veteran

Sounds to me like you just judged me. Where is the love for us? Tolerance is a two way street. Yours sounds like it is just one way. By the way you don't even have my story on what happened I love how so many add whatever perverse twists they choose. I think I made my point quite clear as well as all of your posts defending irresponsible behavior. Sticks and stones may break my bones..... By the way Pollyanna was a family movie based on morality, I'm sorry that confuses you as to why I would choose it.

8. WebmasterKathy

WebmasterKathy Administrator Administrator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.