Gay Days 2013 - The Official Unofficial Thread ;)

Discussion in 'Gay and Lesbian at Disney' started by chwgmjay, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Brrrendon

Brrrendon Earning My Ears

No prob disneykin!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. FlaNani

FlaNani Mouseketeer

Thanks for the Facebook link Brrrendon!
    My partner and I are bringing our granddaughter! Can't wait!

4. disluhypno

disluhypno Brandon

This sounds like such a fun event, that I just may be free for! Any tips on those traveling alone?

5. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

I don't have any tips, I'm sorry. There will be alot of info on the boards as we get closer. First time for me traveling solo.

6. disney4rfamily

disney4rfamily Mouseketeer

I am also wondering what it will be like to be there solo. Reading over this thread, I am seriously considering booking. I have finally come out and am going through a separation (a topic for another thread) -- but I think a quick trip to Disney for something like this might be just what I need!

POR is a great resort. I have stayed in the Royal Rooms before and would love to do so again. Do people tend to meet up at the resort too?

7. Brrrendon

There are a lot of people that travel to Gay Days alone, or with friends, or make friends there. It's a very social event.

I'm not sure about people meeting up at the Disney resorts to socialize, but we do in the parks for certain events. The regulars from here meet at Gay Days every year and maintain friendships.

If you stay at the host hotel there are parties and shows and the like 24/7. It's a different scene though; more party, less Disney.

If you stay on Disney property you will still see a large Gay Days crowd at most of the Disney resorts. I noticed last year the Epcot resorts were very popular.

But don't worry about traveling alone. I used to travel alone to gay Days and never felt "lonely" because I made friends every time.

8. sunnygal041

sunnygal041 DIS Veteran

I am sorry you are going through such a rough time. Just starting to deal with the same s---t myself. I think going to GD will be a great idea. Like the folks in this thread say, we will not be alone!

9. Brrrendon

I want to be more adventurous this year and try the big Universal party and Downtown orlando parties if anyone is interested in some off-site PG-13 fun.

10. disney4rfamily

Thanks -- that is pretty much what I thought but just wanted to hear it from someone else who has been there. I am going to book POR this evening -- much more my speed than staying off property. I will be coming down early Thursday morning and have a late flight out Saturday night. I figure a short trip to Disney for Gay Days will be better than no trip at all.

I am looking forward to making some new friends there.

11. disney4rfamily

Thanks -- it is rough but I agree that this trip is a great idea. I'm looking forward to meeting new people and just being back at Disney!

12. Brrrendon

I was going to stay at POR, but I went with BWI because of the location. But POR should have a large Gay Days crowd. You should keep updating on here, as it gets closer to May people will start posting about meeting-up at Disney.

13. jjjmranch

jjjmranch Mouseketeer

My dear Mom (widowed in July 2012 after 62 years of marriage), my boys and I will be staying at POR May 31st - June 5th. My dear Mom has never flown, so this will be a challenging trip for all of us. I am thankful that we will be staying at a wonderful WDW property and surrounded by love. I am just thankful that we will able to stay during Gay Days and be enveloped by the love of all Disney fans.

14. BenKling

BenKling Mouseketeer

Ahhh, we are literally missing gay days by one day (arriving on Monday the 3rd...) bummer!

15. ChrisNY2

ChrisNY2 Mouseketeer

I've had to cancel my gay days trip due to a scheduling conflict that came up :(

Hopefully I can make it next year!

16. future84

future84 Earning My Ears

just bought my flight/hotel room!

17. nobbie

nobbie Earning My Ears

Hi all, patrick here. i am about to start planning a trip for gaydays as well. Any tips on where to stay and not to stay? Travelling on my own! I just signed up for the facebook group as well. All tips and advices are welcome. Hope to meet some new friends as well when there. Thanks from a freezing and snowwhite Holland. :-)

18. Brrrendon

People seem to be happy with the Epcot area hotels like Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club, Yacht Club or even the Swan and Dolphin. They are all walking distance to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. It depends on what you want in a hotel. I spend most of the time at Epcot, so I chose the Boardwalk Inn for this trip. If you don't really care what the hotel theme is or location then the Port Orleans hotels are a good choice at a moderate price.

19. TallandGoofy

TallandGoofy Mouseketeer

How are the crowds typically on the EPCOT day? (Sunday, June 2nd this year) i.e. Will I notice longer wait times or is it still pretty easy going at EPCOT?

20. chwgmjay

chwgmjay I think your giraffe is being towed.

Ride lines shouldn't be much worse than usual. Alcohol lines get long though.

21. mrunn0080

mrunn0080 Earning My Ears

Get to EPCOT before noon, sprint, skip or walk briskly to all the fastpass kiosks you want to ride.

Maybe this spring you will get to use the new FastPass+ (RFID) system.