1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Gators or snakes: Ever been seen at Grand Floridian??

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Swirly girls, Feb 12, 2013.

1. D&R love Disney

D&R love Disney DIS Veteran

A few years ago on one of the Disney tours a CM pointed out where a good sized gator sunned himself on the bank by Space Mountain. We saw him (or her) a few times since we were staying at BLT.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Mom loves Disney

Mom loves Disney DIS Veteran

We were staying at WL in Oct. and had a balcony that overlooked the seating and pool area. We were outside on balcony and this lady was in a lounge chair with a snake right above her head on a rock. My daughter ran down to tell the husband (woman was asleep). He jumped up and smacked the ladies legs for her to get up. The snake fell on the ladies chair as she jumped up. She had that same spot all week but after that she stayed away from the rocks.

4. WDW 3

WDW 3 Mouseketeer

Last Oct we saw an alligator by a small pond near MK from the monorail. DH saw a little snake on his way back to our room from the food court. In all our stays at SOG I've only seen one. We did see and take a picture of the little one across from Tom Sawyers Island. He was hanging out along the walkway right at the smoking area.

5. jojomoore

jojomoore DIS Veteran

:rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao:

6. tlkgt76

tlkgt76 "If you can dream it, you can do it." Walt Disney

HAHAHAHAAAAA!!!! THAT just happened. :rotfl2:

7. SyracuseWolvrine

SyracuseWolvrine Hockey Fanatic

Not sure why everyone's so scared of Gators ...

[​IMG]

8. tlkgt76

Most gators I've seen are in the shape of boots, purses and/or belts. Your example look much more fun though. bahahaha

9. irishfanx4

irishfanx4 Mouseketeer

Not sure about Grand Floridian but we have seen gators around Shades of Green. They even have signs posted warning you about them.

10. tlkgt76

Well, I'm not too worried. I can't remember the last time I read "Fat chick eaten by gator while chomping on turkey legs and Dole Whips at Walt Disney World. Last heard humming 'Its a Small World' and teasing child about ghosts in the mansion." so I guess I'm safe.

11. LovinPooh

LovinPooh DIS Veteran

Lol!!!!
    That combo sounds so great ;)

12. baldy6060

baldy6060 Mouseketeer

Saw a gator 10 years ago under the wooden walkways near the Liberty Belle dock. Wilderness Lodge guide told us they get gators and snakes from time to time.

13. tlkgt76

Well, we did see two gators on our WDW trip! We were looking for them and my husband spotted both.

The first we could see while on the monorail in a small pond between the Polynesian and Grand Floridian, but on the side closer to the parking lots. We saw him sunning himself a couple different days there.

The other was on a golf course, right by a pond with golfers close-by. It was funny because I'd be willing to bet those golfers had no clue how close the gator was!

The best news is that we all still have all of our limbs. Muahaha!

14. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

There's a reason why there are so many lost balls on the WDW golf courses. You DO NOT go hunting for your golf ball in the tall rough. You just don't!

15. bookbabe_disneynut

bookbabe_disneynut self-confessed Disney addict...and proud of it!

Saw a gator in the river behind Beach Club, back by the quiet pool near BCV. He (she?) appeared to be eating turtles.

16. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Turtles on the half shell??

17. JJsmama

JJsmama WDW addict

Maybe they were all too scared to mess with him!

18. LovinPooh

LovinPooh DIS Veteran

Hahahahahaha!!!!

19. shyjade

shyjade DIS Veteran

Last year as we exited the monorail at Epcot I looked down and saw a big, black snake slithering across the walkway/entrance right outside the security checkpoint. Guess he didn't get clearance to enter...whew!!

20. bdklein

bdklein DIS Veteran

I saw something similar in the lake by the GF/Poly. I thought it was an otter but perhaps it was a "water rat"??

21. brettb

brettb Mouseketeer

We were on the beach at the Polynesian for Wishes. Little kids were playing in the sand at edge of the water when Ally Gator swam by.

[​IMG]
    The white splotches are gnats reflecting the flash. But that red dot on the water is the eye of an alligator that swam by when we were waiting for the fireworks. When I over-lighten the image, you can make out a bit of the snout. — with Ally Gator.

[​IMG]
    Lightened and cropped version of alligator shot. — with Ally Gator.