Gatorland

DH and I love gators and snakes, too!

We absolutely LOVE Gatorland! It's so much fun and the exhibits are really interesting. They have more gators than I have ever seen in my life. It's a nice look at what Florida attractions must have been like before the mouse moved in. It's pretty easy to find and not too far from WDW at all. Try checking out their website at www.gatorland.com.

He might also like Reptile World Serpentarium. It's a little farther away, but it's a fascinating place. We were there last December and we thought it was really cool! If you go, make sure to be there when they are doing the milking. It's amazing to watch! Here's a link to some info.

http://www.theotherorlando.com/contents/chapters/15/reptile.html

Gatorland gets a lot of good reviews on these boards but when we visited in 1992 (I know things probably have changed since then) we found it rundown and shoddy. The animals were treated with disrespect and we found the whole thing tasteless.
Perhaps more recent visitors can state how things have improved?

we visited in January and the gators weren't very active. They say they get lazy in the cooler weather, so the weather during your visit may affect the animals activity level.

We visited in Feb. a couple of years ago, and although the gators were not very active, it was still one of the highlights of our trip. The shows and exhibits were great. We loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter