Gasp!! Black Friday means nothing to me!!

I thik last year ended it for me. After my son falling and cracking his front tooth after dinner, standing out in the freezing weather waiting to get into Target to save $50.00 on an iPod for my niece and not finding much after that, I am done. It's just not worth it, plus we found better deals closer to Christmas.

This year my daughters high school football team will be playing in round three of the playoffs that Friday night and the game is about 4 or so hours away from home. Looks like I will be spending my shopping time up in the stands watching her cheer on the team. Sounds better than standing in line at a store to me anytime!:goodvibes

i wonder what people would do when Disneyland tells everyone that they are closed and have sent everyone home for Thanksgiving...

You are comparing apples or oranges. I am talking about shopping on Black Friday. Retail. WDW, Disneyland have always been open that day. Shopping compared to vacationing.

Nope...not me...never have, never will.

...call me crazy...but I really have to enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas. :coffee:

I don't do Black Friday either. Went once, more than enough for me! I prefer to shop on-line for the most part. Or shop in the stores in December.

DH and I like to go out on Friday night and check out the carnage. It's fun for us to see how wrecked everything is and how frazzled the employees look. Then we come home and watch the news coverage of all the fights, etc. that happened around the country that day.

That's all BF is to me... a chance to laugh and shake my head at the nuttiness of consumerism.

DH and I like to go out on Friday night and check out the carnage. It's fun for us to see how wrecked everything is and how frazzled the employees look. Then we come home and watch the news coverage of all the fights, etc. that happened around the country that day.

That's all BF is to me... a chance to laugh and shake my head at the nuttiness of consumerism.

:rotfl: that's funny!! :rotfl:

I don't do Black Friday either. I put a lot of thought into my gifts and I am on a limited budget. I buy things through the year as they go on sale and I make a lot of gifts. This year I am making throw quilts for my sister, daughter, 2 nephews families and a good friend. I have purchased a few things from the Disney store when they were on sale for my grandson and great niece. I am making lip balm for stocking stuffers and to give to the people in the office of my apartments. I am making tissue holders for neighbors.

I will be home putting the final touches on the quilts!

My Xmas gift list includes:

Daughter 22
Son 19
Husband

Sister
mom/dad gift cards to movie and restaurants every year.

Sometimes, I feel like I'm the only one who has no "need" for BF.
I find great deals online or on another day.

Plus, I always have to work :(

....I avoid Black Firday like The Plague......popcorn::

i wonder what people would do when Disneyland tells everyone that they are closed and have sent everyone home for Thanksgiving...

It would probably make them just so sick thinking about it.

I don't go out on BF, but I do take advantage of the sales online.

I just looked through some Black Friday ads online. There's nothing on sale that inspires me go out there and deal with the crowds.

I'm going to shop online and call it a day.

I won't be going out early, but my husband and I will sometimes hit a few stores after the hoopla dies down, around 10ish. We've managed to still score a few good deals that way. We don't go nuts to get them, but if we happen upon them then cool. It's our own little holiday kick-off.

ColoradoMom!! said:
Black Friday broke my heart:charac2: when as a young mother (son now freshman in college) I saw an ad in the paper for a great deal on this toy I wanted to get at Toys R Us. I got up early with my saved up pennies and hopes and dreams of the smile on my son's face when he opened the gift Christmas morning only to find the three or so they had were sold before I got there. :sad:

This was news to me 17 or so years ago - and obviously I haven't forgotten.

Actually I am way over it, but still wouldn't brave Black Friday for anything.

There is no way, I don't care what the store is offering, that I would go out on BF ever again. I did the same thing with a Cabbage Patch doll that my daughter wanted the first year they came out. A friend of mine had an inside tip that Toys R Us would have a bunch on their shelfs for BF. My mom and I went, got one of the dolls and as I was walking away, some lady grabbed it out of my arms so hard, that it almost always knocked me over. Scared me so bad, that i would never go back again. On a good note, I did manage to get another one a few weeks later, without the fear of it being ripped out of my arms. :sad

How do I feel about Black Friday? well I think my FB post pretty much sums it up..

" I observe "black Friday" on other days through the week.. Such as "is this crud over with already? Wednesday " and "In January, stores will get back to normal , Saturday" " :thumbsup2

You aren't the only one. I despise this day and think it is so stupid. If I want something I will buy it online or better yet locally on the 24th.

I must live in a very boring area. Our lines at our local Macy's for BF are pleasant and everyone shares coupons that they won't need or has extras of, and we even actually move out of the way for wheelchair people.

Crazy. :)

My BFF and will be going shopping but later in the day when hopefully the crowds settled down.

Handbag Lady said:
I must live in a very boring area. Our lines at our local Macy's for BF are pleasant and everyone shares coupons that they won't need or has extras of, and we even actually move out of the way for wheelchair people.

Crazy. :)

Shocking. ;-)

You are comparing apples or oranges. I am talking about shopping on Black Friday. Retail. WDW, Disneyland have always been open that day. Shopping compared to vacationing.

What am I missing?

You hate the fact that stores are open ? Or people have to work?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter