Gas station and grocery store close to port Canaveral?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by jpeppers, Mar 11, 2013.

1. jpeppers

jpeppers DIS Veteran

I have seen this question asked before but I didn't pay attention because I was planning to take Disney transfer but now renting a car. I know I need to fill up before dropping the car off so I would like to do it as close to the port as possible and would like to also get some Beer to take on board. I know Orlando well but have only been east a couple of times. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Capt_BJ

Capt_BJ So Many Times

you will arrive at the port area via SR-528 in all likelyhood. Right at the port 528 'ends' and become A1A as you enter the town of Cape Canaveral. Your rental return is almost certainly on A1A.

Immediately after you pass the port enterance you'll see a 'RaceTrac' gas station which also has a 'minimart' where you can buy beer. Or you can continue down A1A and you'll find plenty of other gas stations and stores. pretty hard to get lost - just stay on A1A

on this picture the Racetrak is just south of the Residence Inn
    [​IMG]

4. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

This is where we fill up all the time before we return the car.

MJ

5. stsomewhere

stsomewhere DIS Veteran

The is an ABC liquor store near port.

6. JessieB923

JessieB923 Mouseketeer

There is an Abc store in Port Canaveral several miles on past the port the address is 6020 N Atlantic Ave Cape Canaveral

7. JessieB923

JessieB923 Mouseketeer

Also keep in mind everything is more expensive closer to the port, we live here an I avoid having to buy anything in that area, if at all possible