Gas Prices up again!!

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by lnh'smom, Aug 3, 2006.

1. lnh'smom

lnh'smom DIS Veteran

Gas prices went up from $2.94 to $3.19 today. It is supposed to be due to hurricane Chris. You know, the one that hasn't hit yet. Anyone else's gas prices up in their towns? just curious :sad2:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. 4formickey

4formickey DIS Veteran

we have been paying $3.15 to $3.25 since july 4th. :moped:

4. nlugo

nlugo Earning My Ears

Ours went up .10 more a gallon. Don't you love the price gauging? Do they even need an excuse anymore?

5. motofox4

motofox4 DIS Veteran

i got gas this morning on my way in to work and it was $2.87/gallon

6. OhioTony

OhioTony DIS Veteran

:furious: Gas was $2.99 this morning. Now it's $3.15!
    I assumed it was due to the Isreal thing :confused3 but it's because of a Hurricane that hasn't even arrived yet? :furious: :furious: :furious:
    So if the Hurricane comes and goes with no damage to the oil companies do you think they will give us a refund? :rotfl2:

7. Savsmommy

Savsmommy <font color=green>I'm a middle lane girl<br><font

Gas is $3.03 here :sad2:

8. tripletots

tripletots DIS Veteran

Our gas prices went from 2.99 last week down to 2.80 today at our local WaWa. Our Sheetz and Exxon is 2.86. I am in Richmond, Va.

9. lnh'smom

lnh'smom DIS Veteran

Oh, I am sure that it has to do with Isreal too. The hurricane was just the first excuse I heard. I'm sure they will give us a refund. Just be sure you don't spend it all in one place! ;)

10. lnh'smom

lnh'smom DIS Veteran

I wish I was in Richmond too! :thumbsup2

11. lnh'smom

lnh'smom DIS Veteran

That is awful. I really hope your gas prices don't go up $.10-$.20/gal today! :rolleyes:

12. mozzman

mozzman Mouseketeer

i am from england and our price per litre not gallon is $1.86 :furious: come to our wonderful country but bring a bycycle :rotfl2:

13. Caitsmama

Caitsmama <font color=darkorchid>Closet Hannah Montana Fan!<

2.80!! Oh, how i would WISH for that!!!! (Sad isn't it?!) :sad2: We have also been paying over 3.00 a gallon for MONTHS.. it is just really out of control, i am getting sick of it.. I more companies would come up with hybrid cars or something else to "fuel" cars on.. There HAS to be something!! :confused3

14. Harvest02

Harvest02 DIS Veteran

I live in Westfield, IN and ours went up today too! It was $2.96 a gallon this morning and I went to get my hair cut this afternoon and saw it went up to $3.19 a gallon! What gives??? I don't get it. Oil prices actually went DOWN today because the tropical storm is not suppose to develop into anything. I was wondering if it went up everywhere else too, or just here in Indiana because of the Nascar racing being in town. But, apparently, it has gone up everywhere? Great, now the oil companies can make even MORE money!!!! It is making me really angry! And I have to drive to Chicago tommorrow too! BUMMER!!!!

15. kydisneyfans

kydisneyfans <font color=blue>It may be because they are too em

2.73 in Lexington this morning, now 3.09. I hope everything doesn't jump 15% in one day, my 3% raise won't cover it. This insanity has got to stop.

16. loveswdw

loveswdw DIS Veteran

$3.19 today here in the Bluegrass state

17. disneysteve

disneysteve You have to enjoy life, not go

Gas prices make no sense at all. Here in NJ, prices have been slowly dropping over the past couple of weeks. I filled up for $2.90 this morning, which is down 2 cents from a few days ago and 10-12 cents from 2 weeks ago.

18. DVC Sadie

DVC Sadie <font color=royalblue>Those mashed taters are soun

The highest we ever paid for gas was after Katrina and we ended up paying 3.79 a gallon. The prices slowly lowered over time and became steady at about 2.89 or so per gallon. We just filled up the other day at 3.29 per gallon.

I think why there is such variances from state to state is how the states tax the gas per gallon. We are always so surprised when we go to Maryland and the gas up there is so much less then what we pay down here and believe me our roads are nowhere near in the same condition.

19. donnabc

donnabc Mouseketeer

Buy gas just about every day (I work for hospice and drive a LOT)...yesterday was $2.98...and I was steamed...today it is $3.03! Funny how the government can step in and regulate things that DON'T need it but are no where to be seen in helping us regular folks deal with such absurd price gouging!
    Perhaps things will get better in a couple years if we elect a president that DOESN't have such close ties to oil companies

20. tabrizia

tabrizia Mouseketeer

Dang I would kill for gas prices under $3, we have been around $3.15 - 3.25 for months now.

Of course I would also kill for gas prices to go back to where they were 10 years ago when I was 18 and they were 92 cents a gallon, but I can keep dreaming I guess. As long as they stay under $3.50 I am happy at this point in time.

21. highland3

highland3 <font color=orange>Just wishing for a return to WD

We're seeing the prices rise north of the border too! We're at $1.09... per litre. I think that works out to about $3.30 per gallon.

Is is a long weekend anywhere in the U.S.A.? It's a long weekend in Ontario... so that's a sure sign prices will rise at the pumps! :moped: