Garden Grocer - when to order?

OurLittleLove

Mouseketeer
We'll be in WDW for 10 days, staying at Saratoga Springs, and this is the first time we're ordering groceries for our room. I see Garden Grocer is a crowd favorite so we'll use them.

Some questions:

1. How far in advance should I place my order?

2. Do I select a time frame? If so, how soon after flight arrival should I set up delivery?

3. I see there is a $12 delivery fee, I'm assuming you tip on top of this?

4. How do they keep perishables cold prior to your arrival? (I work for our state health dept in foodborne disease, so I'm a stickler for this)

Thanks for your help?

Last edited:
1. I usually do it as soon as I know I want groceries delivered. You are able to change/modify your order after it is placed.

2. Yes, you can select a time frame for delivery. I usually make it for around the time I anticipate landing at MCO.

3. I tip on top of the delivery fee.

4. Bell services has a cold storage area to hold cold groceries. GG does a good job packing all cold items together, like you would do yourself at the grocery store.

5. Call Bell Services when you are in your room and ready for delivery.

They now offer discounts for ordering further in advance.
Take advantage of our special savings by ordering in advance, (15 Days= 5%, 30 Days= 7%, 60 Days= 10%) off your subtotal. **Note: Discounts do not apply to add-ons of any kind.

I typically order about 2 weeks in advance. It's close enough that I know what everyone's current food preferences are, yet far enough that it doesn't get lost in the last minute vacation shuffle.

You select your delivery time but it really doesn't matter much since they deliver to Bell Services anyway. They also seem to always deliver early...I usually get the text before we even take off for Orlando (3 hour flight, and I usually specify delivery for about when we're due to land). Bell Services keeps the perishable items in cold storage, and then they deliver the groceries to your room once you call them after you arrive.

We also tip on top of the delivery fee, and then in addition tip Bell Services when they actually deliver the groceries.

I have used them on two trips and the first one, our flight was delayed, we were staying at AoA and bell services delivered them to our hotel room before we got there and put the perishables in our refrigerator. That was such an amazing surprise.

I ordered at 30 days out. I picked s delivery time shortly before I arrive. I did add a tip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter