Garden Grocer Problems

What do they say when you call instead of emailing?? It might be harder to blow you off when you're on the phone.

The last time DH spoke w/them was Thursday when we cancelled our order. I asked DH yesterday what he wanted to do - call them or email them (as they always say to email them). He said email today call tomorrow. Yesterday was the 5th day and their website says allow 3-5 days for refunds (although on the phone they said 3 days) so we gave them yesterday to do file a refund. See we paid for our order in Feb. so not sure if that will become an issue or not. We'll see.

IF YOU PAID VIA PAYPAL....realize that you only have 45 days to dispute (I don't even know if GG takes Paypal....but wanted to mention that just in case).

I did use paypal to pay but it was back in July. I will be contacting the better business bureau if I don't hear from them.

DH called this morning. The girl who answered said it was processed but takes a week or two to post to our cc as the original transaction date was in Feb. They do the credit through PayPal (thats the way I paid). So we'll see what happens.

DH called this morning. The girl who answered said it was processed but takes a week or two to post to our cc as the original transaction date was in Feb. They do the credit through PayPal (thats the way I paid). So we'll see what happens.

Any update yet? We used GG in May and had no problems but I'm going to watch carefully between now and our trip next May before using them again. I agree with the poster that said that they are probably becoming a victim of their own success. Sorry to hear about your problems with them and I hope it gets worked out for you.

Any update yet? We used GG in May and had no problems but I'm going to watch carefully between now and our trip next May before using them again. I agree with the poster that said that they are probably becoming a victim of their own success. Sorry to hear about your problems with them and I hope it gets worked out for you.

Just checked & the credit hasn't gone through on my cc yet. So we'll keep checking - we go to disney in 10 days so a credit of $200 on my cc would be great. I guess we'll just have to wait it out - if nothing soon we'll call AGAIN. Thanks for asking.

Sorry you're going through this. I hope the credit comes through before you're trip so you can put it behind you. Either way have a magical trip...
extra pixie dust for you. :wizard: :wizard:

you are being incredibly patient!

if it were me, i'd be super pissed that they were taking that long to refund my money when i'm sure they were more than quick to take it from you in the first place!

Just wanted to update everyone on our situation. I checked PayPal today and the credit went through. It actually went through on the 17th but PayPal credited the original card which has been closed for about 6 months due to fraudulent use and I wasn't checking that card as I didn't think any transactions could go through on it. I'll be getting the credit balance credited to the replacement card. So finally some closure to our ordeal w/GG. I must say the last two times we called they were very nice and polite.

The only advice I have is document your calls and keep on 'em. Good luck to everyone!

Just wanted to say that we used Wegoshop last week and everything went very smoothly. Our checkin was delayed and we arrived at the resort at the same time as Marge. She took charge of arranging for bell services to keep our food refrigerated until we could get into our room, and accepted a personal check without any ID required! She seemed very concerned that everything go smoothly, and was a very nice and friendly person. I highly reccommend her!

Just wanted to update everyone on our situation. I checked PayPal today and the credit went through. It actually went through on the 17th but PayPal credited the original card which has been closed for about 6 months due to fraudulent use and I wasn't checking that card as I didn't think any transactions could go through on it. I'll be getting the credit balance credited to the replacement card. So finally some closure to our ordeal w/GG. I must say the last two times we called they were very nice and polite.

The only advice I have is document your calls and keep on 'em. Good luck to everyone!

I'm glad everything worked out for you before your trip. Thanks for the update and have a wonderful vacation. :goodvibes

Just wanted to say that we used Wegoshop last week and everything went very smoothly. Our checkin was delayed and we arrived at the resort at the same time as Marge. She took charge of arranging for bell services to keep our food refrigerated until we could get into our room, and accepted a personal check without any ID required! She seemed very concerned that everything go smoothly, and was a very nice and friendly person. I highly reccommend her!

Nice to hear this. We're having Marge deliver our groceries as well and everytime I've spoken w/her she has been so nice. I asked her to just leave the groceries as we might go to the parks after w/check in. Maybe we'll run into her I'd love to meet her. Shes only going to charge my cc 10% gratuity but I would like to give her more. I wonder if I asked her to charge 20% if she would. I'll call her prior to leaving anyways. Thanks for the recommendation.

Well, after reading this post we decided to cancel GardenGrocer. We have decided to rent a town car service and will just do the free grocery stop. It would have been easier to have it all delivered but I don't want to take the chance. I called and the guy was very nice, I told him I wanted to cancel and he said OK, no problem. I didn't ask about a refund so I guess I'll call back in a couple days and see what's up.

Well, after reading this post we decided to cancel GardenGrocer. We have decided to rent a town car service and will just do the free grocery stop. It would have been easier to have it all delivered but I don't want to take the chance. I called and the guy was very nice, I told him I wanted to cancel and he said OK, no problem. I didn't ask about a refund so I guess I'll call back in a couple days and see what's up.

Good idea. I would think they would automatically credit your account but they seem pretty busy lately - can't hurt to doublecheck. Have a great vacay - I see you're going in 7 days as well. Hope we have nice weather!

I sent two emails with no responses so I did call yesterday. I spoke with a nice guy (Brian) so hopefully I'll get my money back soon. I have mostly heard complaints about some lady who answers the phone and is very rude. Maybe she got fired;)

I mentally prepared myself for this mean lady before I called and then a pleasant sounding guy answered. I was thrown off.

I send the emails to GG and to myself so I have record of those. I also wrote down the guy's name that I talked to yesterday. Hopefully I'll get my money back soon:wizard:

I sent two emails with no responses so I did call yesterday. I spoke with a nice guy (Brian) so hopefully I'll get my money back soon. I have mostly heard complaints about some lady who answers the phone and is very rude. Maybe she got fired;)

I mentally prepared myself for this mean lady before I called and then a pleasant sounding guy answered. I was thrown off.

I send the emails to GG and to myself so I have record of those. I also wrote down the guy's name that I talked to yesterday. Hopefully I'll get my money back soon:wizard:

Good luck. I think Brian is the owner I'm not 100% sure but I think he is. Hes always been very nice to us. Its the lady thats not so nice - maybe shes gone or they have her stocking shelves or something.:rotfl:

They sent our order last week to AKL. We stayed at the Poly. We switched resorts, and I called twice and e-mailed them about the change. They did have them to us within 2 hours of us making them aware of the problem. I would use them again. They got all of our items right, just sent them to the wrong place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter