Garden Grocer Problems

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by LauraAnn630, Aug 31, 2007.

1. LauraAnn630

LauraAnn630 See you in April 2011!

I had to add a few items to my order.

So I emailed them. They never responded.

I called them and they told me to e-mail them.

I told them I did. I wanted to know if they got it and how should I pay.

They said they would call. They never did.

I e-mailed them again, never heard anything.

I dont know it they added my items or how Im supposed to pay.

I leave tonight. I guess only time will tell.

I would NOT recommend them. :(

UPDATE Sept. 8, 2007

We did not get our whole order. We are really disappointed with Garder Grocer!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. all4fun

all4fun DIS Veteran

They were horrible about responding to our emails too.
    We got what we ordered though, during the time frame we had arranged, so the lack of communication was our biggest complaint. We will use them again. :)

I hope it all works out for you! Have a great trip.

4. eeyore3847

eeyore3847 DIS Veteran

you know we got to DW and had a set time to have our items delivered! They did not deliver till almost 9pm at night. way past the time... We ended up doing concierge so there ended not being a need for them. We will not use ever again!

Lori

5. LauraAnn630

LauraAnn630 See you in April 2011!

I will post to let everyone know how this all played out!

Thanks for the good wishes!

6. JJ&JSMOM

JJ&JSMOM DIS Veteran

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I have emailed them 4 times in 1 month and no response. This week its my goal to contact them over the phone and get things straightened out. I am seriously considering cancelling and using another service. If I'm not satisfied after talking to them this week I'm going to cancel my order. I keep putting off calling as I have a hard time hearing on the phone so this should be fun. Good luck getting your groceries.

7. D L and K's Mom

D L and K's Mom <font color=blue>D, L and now baby Kennedy's mom!<

Wow, we used them last Dec and we had great luck with them. I emailed a few times and got a quick response back every time. Our plane was delayed over night and we still got everything we ordered delivered to our room when we arrived. They had dropped it off the night before everything was there. I loved them!!! I hope they are not going down hill.....

8. Allison

Allison DIS Veteran

I wonder if they have been a victim of their own success. There were such great things said about their service and it was so highly recommended (including by me), I wonder if the volume of business has gotten beyond what they can handle.

9. js

js This is my Tag!

I am considering using gardengrocer or another service for my trip in December. We own a timeshare at Orange Lake Country Club and although there is a supermarket on site, I was thinking of trying this this trip since my dh will be missing the first few days of the trip (we leave on Sunday, he comes in on Tuesday night). He always does the foodshopping (home and on vacation) so it will be one less thing I have to do when we arrive.
    On vacation I usually unpack while he does the shopping.
    Anyway, how do you keep the cold items cold. I own a three bedroom timeshare with full kitchen so maybe my items would be different than those of you in a hotel room with small fridge.
    Please let me know, I am very interested especially concerning, milk and OJ.
    Thank you.

10. emh1129

emh1129 <font color=green>I admit, though, that I had Disn

Please let us know how this plays out. I was planning on using them in December but I don't want to worry that it might be a huge hassle.

11. Cinders Mum

Cinders Mum DIS Veteran

I needed to add some items onto my order, and so I reply emailed them from my original confirmation order, and a few hours later (keep in mind we are +5hrs from the US) I had a confirmation email advising my additional items had been added to my order. No problems.

So far, I can only say positive things about my experience with them

Val
    xx

12. theparsons

theparsons DIS Veteran

The moderate/deluxe hotel rooms on site have a small refrigerator....the value's don't have one, but you can request one for I think it's $10 a day. PLUS, there are several refrigerator swaps going on....where someone bought one of those small dorm room type fridges and when they were ready to leave they passed it on to someone just arriving, who passed it on when they left, etc. I know OP doesn't need that, but anyone who does, just do a search for fridge swap and find one that matches with your dates of stay. Someone came up with a neat little idea and it appears to be spreading. We're staying in a rental house so won't need it, but before I decided not to stay onsite I was reading about them a lot, lol.

Many offsite hotels that I've ever stayed at have a small refrigerator....my guess is that somewhere like WDW hotels would be "most" instead of many. Even many of the cheap hotels (Days Inn, Motel 6, etc) have had a refrigerator. Small...but there. Keeps the soda cool and the leftover pizza too.

13. js

js This is my Tag!

Thank you but I may not have explained it correctly.
    When you order the food, and it needs to be in the fridge, and you don't show up to check in until 4 pm and the food has been sitting behind the front desk since 11 am, does gardengrocer provide something to keep the cold items cold and not spoiling? This is my question. Thanks.

14. all4fun

all4fun DIS Veteran

Bell Services has a refigerator to keep your refrigerated items cold.

15. theparsons

theparsons DIS Veteran

I would check with the hotel that they'll take that responsibility. If they don't sound like it's no big deal, we do it all the time, then you might ask Garden Grocer about purchasing one of those small stryofoam coolers and stocking it with a brick of dry ice (most groceries carry it). That would certainly last 12-24 hours (depending on the size of the brick and the container etc), so that it could just sit in an office in the hotel lobby and still keep your milk cold and such. I'd be concerned about leaving that to the hotel....whereas if you pay Garden Grocer for a cooler and dry ice and then arrive to find the food spoiled, you'd have some recourse....whereas with the hotel if they didn't have room in their fridge, or "it's for employees only" or something, you're stuck.

You can't be the first visitor that needed their food kept cold until they could get to their room and get their refridgerator cooling, etc...so chances are Garden Grocer is already well versed in handling this type of situation.

Sorry I misunderstood the first time...but hopefully now I'm getting your drift!

16. GiGi30

GiGi30 DIS Veteran

I am in your boat! Did the same thing for delivery next weekend. I haven't heard a thing! We also switched hotels and I haven't gotten a confirmation either. I guess we'll see if they get it right!:scared1:

17. DisneyFanatic75

DisneyFanatic75 I wish I was at WDW right now!

Please lets us know how it works out. I was thinking of using them for our next trip. We probably won't be renting a car next time we go so I was hoping to use this service. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you and everyone else using them.

18. momof2forever

momof2forever Mouseketeer

When you said dropped off, did they leave the groceries at the front desk of your resort? We were wanting to do this service but was afraid we would not be at the room.
    Thanks

19. yrdlyprincess

yrdlyprincess DIS Veteran

isn't there any other place?? I was thinking about using them for some different things that I might need.

20. KandiB47

KandiB47 <font color=blue>It's kind of grossing me out to i

I am considering canceling my order. This is not the first post of this type. There is another long one about bad GG service on a DVC board thread. I don't want to have to worry about hit or miss service on vacation.

21. JJ&JSMOM

JJ&JSMOM DIS Veteran

This would be my first time using Garden Grocer but from what I understand they leave the groceries w/Bell Services and Bell Services can store the groceries. The cold items would be refridgeratered (sp?). You don't have to be in your room..well I guess it depends on how you've paid for them. I've paid already so they can leave items w/o me having to be there. We have not ordered any alcoholic drinks though. I think you have to be there so they can make sure you're of age if you have ordered beer, wine etc. Hopefully someone whose used there services will chime in but I'm pretty sure I understand it correctly.