Garden Grill

Thanks for the review. We'll be eating lunch there in November. Now, that it sounds so yummy, it's going to be hard to not eat too much. We have early dinner reserv. for Le Cellier that day.

GG is on our family's must do list too!! It is always such a fun and relaxing meal - and the food is fabulous!! I hardly ever hear bad reviews about it but hardly anyone knows about it!!

I would pick it over dinner at 1900 Park Fare or Chef Mickey's - I was not impressed with the buffets or the character interactions and I always seem to miss a character when I go to the buffet!! But if Cinderella is important to you - you should stick with 1900 Park Fare

Dgd has braces and is worried she can't eat the steak orthe pork and is NOT afish eater Is the steak hard to chew . melt in your mouth or in between? She can always eat the mac & ccheese and potatoes, so she wont starve!!!

DH and I were discussing what ADRs to make for our annual trip in Nov and he asked me "what about that place we ate at in '95 in EPCOT? You know the one where I had to wear a cowboy hat? That was good, is it still there?" Usually his only request is for a night at CG and I was shocked that he even remembered it because I had totally forgotten about it. I added it to our list for Nov so it's nice to hear that it's got a loyal following. Can't wait to try it again!

We've done the Grill twice now - Jan'06 most recently and I agree completely with these comments.
Garden Grill, for whatever reason, has gone out of favor a bit. Possibly with the refurbishment of the Sunshine Seasons Food Court downstairs, which is now quite nice.
Still, it's an excellent plated meal that delivers to all tastes (my wife is a very picky eater), where you can overlook the gardens that have grown your delicious food (sort of like Coral Reef, but different!). We love the characters and I believe GG (along with LTT) have some of the best character-vs.-table ratios of the non-Cinderella variety.
Can't go wrong here. :thumbsup2

The steak is in between. It is cut into very thin strips and from someone who had braces, she would have NO problem with it. The pork she may need to cut into smaller bites.

I'm a bit disappointed they didn't have the apple crisp and cinnamon ice cream for the adults any more! that was SOOOOOOOO GOOD!!! And they had it every previous trip. :( Last trip was my first time there with kids and the children's food was just as good (we adults and the kids did LOTS of swapping around!) and the kids got worms in dirt (chocolate pudding with oreo dusting and a gummy worm).

This is my favorite restaurant anywhere in the World, you just can't beat the food here for "just plain good".

BlindTyldak said:
The steak is in between. It is cut into very thin strips and from someone who had braces, she would have NO problem with it. The pork she may need to cut into smaller bites.

I'm a bit disappointed they didn't have the apple crisp and cinnamon ice cream for the adults any more! that was SOOOOOOOO GOOD!!! And they had it every previous trip. :( Last trip was my first time there with kids and the children's food was just as good (we adults and the kids did LOTS of swapping around!) and the kids got worms in dirt (chocolate pudding with oreo dusting and a gummy worm).

This is my favorite restaurant anywhere in the World, you just can't beat the food here for "just plain good".
Thank Thank you I love you dissers. You understand little things can be so important

I just added this to our ADR's this morning!!! I'm now glad I did!!!! Can someone just clarify where exactly GG is located!! Thanks

I must say I never had ANY interest in the garden grill until I read all of these postings, but you've all sealed the deal for my November trip! Thanks!

This is on our list for Dec. We made an ADR for lunch. We were a bit undecided between lunch and dinner.

Can anyone comment on the differences, if any, between the two meals?

Thanks!

MinnieMommy said:
This is on our list for Dec. We made an ADR for lunch. We were a bit undecided between lunch and dinner.

Can anyone comment on the differences, if any, between the two meals?

Thanks!
-----------------------------------------

There are only two differences - with dinner you also get a salad - and the price is a lot more! I just reserved the last lunch reservation on Dec. 6th for our upcoming trip - 3 p.m..

Hi, I made all of our ADR's for our Feb. trip, but after hearing all of the fantastic reviews for Garden Grill, I just may have to change one of them. :rolleyes: I always hear great things, even in other threads or boards. Anyway, does anyone have any photos of the catfish and/or flank steak? I am curious. It may help me make this hard decision. :goodvibes

From all these replies, I'm really glad we're eating lunch there on our first Epcot day. Only problem, is that is the day we're eating an early dinner at Le Cellier -LOL!

Someone asked where GG is exactly...It is in The Land on the upper floor. When you walk in, it will be opposite you on the far side of the building. Just walk around (either way). Instead of going down the stairs or escalators for the food court or Soarin' - you will be just steps away from the GG entrance. HTH!

Until reading a little more about GG today, I would never have picked it for an ADR for us. I did some reading, checked out the menu, and everything sounds yummy. I know it's not been that popular in recent years, so I had NO idea it was a character meal! We'll be adding this to our list of places to try.

princessbride6205 said:
Someone asked where GG is exactly...It is in The Land on the upper floor. When you walk in, it will be opposite you on the far side of the building. Just walk around (either way). Instead of going down the stairs or escalators for the food court or Soarin' - you will be just steps away from the GG entrance. HTH!

Until reading a little more about GG today, I would never have picked it for an ADR for us. I did some reading, checked out the menu, and everything sounds yummy. I know it's not been that popular in recent years, so I had NO idea it was a character meal! We'll be adding this to our list of places to try.

Thank You so much!!! I am the one who asked where it was located!!! We never considered it either, but a friend just got back and RAVED about it!! So, we'll give it a shot!!!

Thanks again!

I am thrilled to find this thread. We always loved the character breakfast but have been leery of trying lunch or dinner. We are definitely going on Jan 3 for lunch. We love The Land and enjoy seeing everything that is grown there. I don't eat meat but ds15 does. We both love catfish too.

Keep the reviews coming :Pinkbounc

I pledge never to eat at the Garden Grill again! Hands-down the worst restaurant we ate at in WDW. Much of the food was inedible (the turkey, the beef). The mashed potatoes and pea pods were okay, but not good enough to overcome the badness of everything else. After about 10 minutes, my younger sister had to leave as the food had made her ill. Or maybe it was looking at the bad food. Or maybe the turning restaurant? Anyway, she had to leave and was really bummed that our last dining experience at WDW (on August 19th) had left her sick to her stomach. She was mad at me for ruining that day! As the Garden Grill had been my idea from the DIS. Cost for 3 adults was $78. Certainly not worth a 1 TS credit.

Brygida said:
I pledge never to eat at the Garden Grill again! Hands-down the worst restaurant we ate at in WDW. Much of the food was inedible (the turkey, the beef). The mashed potatoes and pea pods were okay, but not good enough to overcome the badness of everything else. After about 10 minutes, my younger sister had to leave as the food had made her ill. Or maybe it was looking at the bad food. Or maybe the turning restaurant? Anyway, she had to leave and was really bummed that our last dining experience at WDW (on August 19th) had left her sick to her stomach. She was mad at me for ruining that day! As the Garden Grill had been my idea from the DIS. Cost for 3 adults was $78. Certainly not worth a 1 TS credit.
----------------------------------------------

Sorry to hear your sister had such a bad experience.. :( However, if it was the food, it would have taken much longer than 10 minutes to make her ill and the "turning" of the restaurant can't be felt at all.. Believe me - I would know - because no one suffers from motion sickness as easily as I do - LOL..

Probably just a stomach bug or something.. Out of all the sit-down meals we experienced (character meals or otherwise), the Garden Grill was the best - especially the cat fish.. :) Kind of odd because all 3 of us adults don't really care for fish, but that was the best ever!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter