GAME: If you could design your own WDW/DL restaurant...

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by *NikkiBell*, Oct 2, 2011.

1. *NikkiBell*

*NikkiBell* The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible Moderator

[​IMG]

If you could design your own restaurant at either WDW or DL, where would it be? What theme would it have? What would be its signature dish?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PinkBudgie

PinkBudgie <font color=deeppink>Expert Disneyland Snowball Ma

I would have a Toy Story restaurant and put it in DLR. DLR is sadly lacking in fun themed places. I hear about fun sounding places at WDW like Prime Time and Sci-Fi. We have Blue Bayou which is wonderful to sit in but the food quality hasn't kept up with the prices. :sad2:

Anyway, I'd take out Goofy's Sky School in DCA and stick it there. That's still a very uninspired ride anyway. It could look like you are walking into Barbie's dream house. The tables and chairs would look like plastic toy dollhouse furniture. There would be some fake plastic food stuck to the middle of each table. Pictures of placemats and silverware would be stuck on the table. Oh, and plastic flowers around too.

There would even be a fake tv with a picture glued on it and the wall paper would have pictures of shelves on it just like in a child's dollhouse. If you looked out a window you would see a giant bedroom scene as if you were in a child's bedroom. Of course it would be a character meal. The servers would dress like Barbie and Ken dolls- some sort of outfit that looked like a doll's even if they didn't all look like Barbie and Ken. Everyone would get a small plastic Toy Story figurine with their meal. They would be in sealed plastic bags and it would be a mystery which one each person got.

Not sure what kind of food would be served but it better be good. Probably American but don't know what. :confused3

4. baby1disney

baby1disney DIS Veteran

I think I would have something of a tropical or Egyptian restaurant. The tropical restaurant would make you feel like you're on a beach somewhere and there's nothing but carribean music playing in the background. Then at night..I would turn it into a nightclub of some sort. Some of the dishes would include a carribean style Mac and cheese served with a jerk salad, a mango infused steak served with bacon green beans with sauteed onions and peppers and a fruit salad, a mango ice cream served over a rum cake. Oh man I would have too much fun with this!!!

All the tables would be like patio furniture that you would see pool side. I would even have a swim up bar/eating area for people that would want to sit in the water to eat. Or maybe have some tables out on the beach where the water would run over your feet as you eat. It's a lot of dreams that I could do and make them come true!!! Wow and all of those mentioned dishes above I wrote..I totally came up with on my own!! Maybe I'll try and make that someday:cloud9:

5. cslittle999

cslittle999 DIS Veteran

I haven't thought a great deal about the theming but I've always thought that the counter service restaurant in the America pavilion in Epcot should be made over into a BBQ restaurant that featured the different styles of BBQ from across the US. It would be heaven.

6. Loves2Read

Loves2Read Earning My Ears

Nikki, what is that divine looking dish in your post? I want six of them.

7. ssuriano

ssuriano DLR Cast Member

I totally agree with you! The one time I went to WDW I ate at several themed restaurants and loved them all. DL doesn't have nearly as many as I would like to see.

8. PinkBudgie

PinkBudgie <font color=deeppink>Expert Disneyland Snowball Ma

I just remembered- there is an empty place just wasted in Adventureland at DL. It used to be a Hawiian themed restaurant, then it was some sort middle east place with magic lamps on all the tables. Now they closed it off and just use the door way as a meet and greet for Jasime and Aladdin. Such a waste. I wish they would use that space again.

9. Cap.Steamboat Willie

Cap.Steamboat Willie Mouseketeer

Spain

True Spanish Cuisine and a lengthy Tapas Menu

Signature Dish: Paella (of course) :cool1: