Gambling made me do it!

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by Handbag Lady, May 9, 2010.

1. Handbag Lady

Handbag Lady Disneyland Bride 2000

I figure since I'll be hanging around here more often, I should introduce myself. Hi, I am Handbag Lady and I need to lose some weight.

The very nice folks at my work decided we ALL need to do a little reducing, so, we've made a bet. It started simple, first to drop 20 pounds wins the pot. The pot is $20 a person. There are about 8 people in it now.

It turns out that a few people need to lose less than 20 (yeah, I don't know these people either) so it switched to percentage loss blah blah after eight weeks. One of the gals in our office is a nurse and a trainer, so we made her in charge. She's keeping track so we don't have to.

Here is my game plan: three meals a day. Healthy meals. Smaller portions. I'm not allowed to skip a meal and I'm not allowed to eat foods I hate.

Exercise will come in later, if at all. I hate, HATE it, so I don't want to sabotage this. I do walk a LOT at work, more than most people.

So, there you go. I hope to do a lot of reading here for recipes, tips, and especially motivation. I just want to win the prize because, well, because I am the heaviest person in the contest.

2. disykat

disykat DIS Veteran

Nothing like a little financial incentive! I'm sure the competition will help too. Good luck!

3. Handbag Lady

Handbag Lady Disneyland Bride 2000

Thank you!

I LOST TWO POUNDS!! I am so excited I can't even see straight! :cool1:

4. carmiedog

carmiedog needs more kool-aid

congratulations on your first 2! challenges are the way to go. for me, anyhow. I don't do well on my own, but give me a group to be accountable to and a little competition, and it's on!