Galveston Hotel Recommendations For Night Before A Cruise

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by BWV Dreamin, Oct 4, 2012.

1. BWV Dreamin

BWV Dreamin DIS Veteran

We are booked for the DCL May 2013 sailing out of Galveston. Can anyone suggest a reasonable hotel to stay at the night before the cruise?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. vcjtx

vcjtx Mouseketeer

I'll be staying at the Hotel Galvez the night before my January 26, 2013 cruise. Reasonable? Not sure - that's a pretty relative term. It's a very nice, victorian (I guess) hotel. They have shuttle service to and from the pier and covered parking for you car while you're gone. Check their website for the Stay-and - Cruise package (or whatever they call it). We stayed their last year before a Carnival cruise and it was quite nice.

4. Tangoqueen

Tangoqueen Earning My Ears

We have also booked the Galvez and found the Disney rate equaled the other lowest rate I could find.

5. BWV Dreamin

BWV Dreamin DIS Veteran

Do you find the parking secure at this hotel? I've read pros and cons about leaving a vehicle at hotel parking lots for a cruise.

6. BWV Dreamin

BWV Dreamin DIS Veteran

Is this a hotel you booked thru Disney or on your own?

7. vcjtx

vcjtx Mouseketeer

The parking is in a locked lot, and I think it was covered, so I found it to be secure. We booked ourselves, but from reading these boards I discovered that the Galvez is a Disney partner hotel. (not really sure what that means, though - I guess you could book through disney, right?)

8. BWV Dreamin

BWV Dreamin DIS Veteran

Thanks! I'll look them up:)

9. BWV Dreamin

BWV Dreamin DIS Veteran

Could you possibly post a link? I'm getting sites that refer to many Galvez hotels. Is this a Wyndham ?

10. vcjtx

vcjtx Mouseketeer

11. Madhattr

Madhattr Mouseketeer

We booked a room at The Harbor House. It gets good reviews and we got a great rate on hotels.com It really looks so close to the terminal you could walk. We are on the Christmas cruise sailing on 12/21. Can't wait!!pirate:

12. BWV Dreamin

BWV Dreamin DIS Veteran

13. dato63

dato63 DIS Veteran

We also booked The Galvez. The reviews on tripadvisor were good, they offer a cruise package with parking & shuttle service. And they are within walking distance of the Pleasure Pier.

14. BWV Dreamin

BWV Dreamin DIS Veteran

I just read that about Pleasure Pier. I'll be traveling with my 27 yo son so this would be a fun thing to do that night. I also read a good review about the cruise parking and shuttle. Thanks to those posters for referring this hotel!

15. tajz90

tajz90 Mama D

I believe the Galvez is within walking distance of the pier. If not, the pier has a shuttle around Galveston. It's fun. Bubba Gumps is on the pier :)

16. m&p'smom

m&p'smom Mouseketeer

you can find alot of the hotels on www.galveston.com. You can search on the site for available rooms and rates. Sometimes the rates are cheaper than the actual hotel site.

17. BWV Dreamin

BWV Dreamin DIS Veteran

Yeah! We love Bubba Gumps!

18. TXDCLfan

TXDCLfan Other cruise lines did it first, Disney did it rig

There sister hotel The Tre Mount is also very nice and in my book reasonable for the value received.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

19. Tangoqueen

Tangoqueen Earning My Ears

We booked though disney as it was the cheapest deal. Had to do it over the phone though.

20. BWV Dreamin

BWV Dreamin DIS Veteran

I just checked that out. For just about the same price I'm getting the cruise package which includes free parking and transfers to and from the ship . So I'll stay with that. But thanks for the info! :)

21. princess aleya

princess aleya DIS Veteran

We are staying at the Hilton Galveston island resort for our Nov. cruise. They also offer a park and cruise option.