Galveston 04/06/13 Caribbean Cruise

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by ryleigh'smom2004, Jan 7, 2013.

1. okstategrads

okstategrads Earning My Ears

My hubby is Craig and I think our cabin is 7003

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. texfinn

texfinn DIS Veteran

Hi! We just booked this today!!! Will be me (Mati), my DH (Joni), my DD (Sabrina - age 11), and my DS (Kai - age 8). This will be mine and kids third cruise, my DH's second with DCL.

We are also bringing along friends from Finland (my husband is Finnish). They have a 10 year old DD and 4 year old DS. This will be their first Disney cruise.

We are very excited and just now looking at excursions etc. Nothing settled yet but did book Palo Brunch! :)

We are from Austin so will drive over - most likely on Friday night.

Very excited and will try to keep it a secret from the kids until Valentine's day.

Glad to find the group!
    Mati

4. Taysmimi

Taysmimi Finished Cruise of a Lifetime on Magic now ready f

I am so excited!!! My name is Sue and I am bringing my hubby David and son Douglas (20) and we will be sailing on our first cruise.

Our granddaughter Taylor(4) will be meeting us along with her parents David and Sam. We will also be joined by Sam's mother and sister.
    This is a great forum and I look forward to getting to know everyone. We would love to participate in the FE.

5. ronniegintx

ronniegintx Earning My Ears

Welcome Sue! So looking to get to meeting everyone. Where are you and your family from? We live here in Houston so this cruise is most convenient for us. It will be myself Ronnie my husband Donald and daughters Kari 15 and Genna 8.

6. Mageemommy

Mageemommy Mouseketeer

Hi Sue! Welcome! We are looking forward to meeting you all! :cheer2:
    Is everyone in your group participating in the FE? Would you mind sending me a message of the names and ages of those that are? I would love to add you guys to the list, I just want to make sure I have everything accurate. :thumbsup2
    Thanks so much!
    Mikka

7. Sam Carre

Sam Carre Earning My Ears

Hi, don't worry about flying, it really is the safest mode of transport. I have been cabin crew for 15 years now. My husband, son (3.5) & I will be on the same cruise. We have decided to arrive a couple of days before the cruise as we are flying from Dubai. We are booked into the Springhill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport hotel by Marriott (IAH). Very reasonable price & it includes free breakfast, free airport transfers and free Internet. On Sat 6th Apr we will get free transfer back to airport and meet a disney rep as we are getting the Disney ground transfer to Galveston. It's $60 per person return trip for Disney ground transfers. Take care, Sam

8. Sam Carre

Thanks so much Ronnie. We are arriving on Thursday 4th April as there is only one flight from Dubai a day so I didn't want to take the risk. We are booked into the Springhill suites hotel by the airport and will get the disney transfer fro IAH on Sat 6th Apr.

Depending on how my son copes with the jet lag we might visit Houston Zoo on the Fri. The flight is 16 hours long so not sure how Luke will cope.

Take care and have a safe trip to Galveston.

Sam

9. Sam Carre

Hi ya, well we have finally decided on excursions, as Luke is young we are limited so we have decided to do the Grand Cayman Duck Boat Tour & Cozumel Beach Break at Playa Mia beach. Sooooo excited now. Wish we didn't have to wait a couple of months till the cruise date :sad::rotfl2:

10. mawhite424

mawhite424 Mouseketeer

I have a question about the FE. So glad there seems to be a lot of interest in it, but what if it gets to be 20, 30 families or more? Do we split into 2 groups or just go with that large of a group? I've seen people do both. Just wondering if anyone in our sailing has any thoughts about it.

Thanks!

11. Mageemommy

Mageemommy Mouseketeer

My thoughts, I think that once the group hits 20-30 families, we should split into 10-15 families. Just so everyone doesn't have to prepare for as many. I want this to be fun and stress free! :rotfl:
    We can still all me the first night, just as I would love to meet everyone!
    Let me know what you think!!

12. Taysmimi

We are so excited to meet everyone. We are from Del Rio, TX. The rest of the crew is from Spring.

13. Taysmimi

This is our first cruise and Disney experience for David and I. The rest of our crew have been to WDW many times. I know that our room 7216 is participating in FE. Our room has myself, hubby and our Son Douglas (20). Looking forward to all the excitement! :taysmimi.
    Thanks for getting this organized
    Sue

14. ronniegintx

ronniegintx Earning My Ears

I'm in agreement with the numbers.

15. mawhite424

mawhite424 Mouseketeer

oh good, I was afraid it was just me. I'm already planning, and it feels much better to know I won't be bringing a steamer trunk just for FE's! haha :rotfl:

16. reneaterry

reneaterry Mouseketeer

I agree with this. I was thinking that was going to start getting really expensive.

17. Melamill

Melamill Earning My Ears

What deck is everyone one? We are on deck 6.

18. Mageemommy

Mageemommy Mouseketeer

We are on 6 also!
    Cabin 6052

19. mawhite424

mawhite424 Mouseketeer

we'll be on 8, or at least that's the plan. We have a Gty reservation. I'm guessing that's where we'll end up!

20. reneaterry

reneaterry Mouseketeer

Deck 7 room 7558

21. nishijb

nishijb Earning My Ears

Count our 2 room, family of 7 (2 grandparents, my wife and I, 2 DD, and 1 DS) in for the FE.