Gals (or Guys) with curls...Hair product question please!

twanner

Need more Totoro!
I have shoulder length hair with loose curls/waves. I often blow dry it straight, but lately have been wearing it curly. I bought some styling products from my salon---VERY pricey stuff. Basically a balm to add moisture and a spray to tame frizzies and keep curls in shape. Can anyone recommend budget friendly products that won't leave my curls crunchy or sticky, or overly greasy? I bought some spray gel for curls (Pantene, maybe?) but it makes my hair really crunchy. Ideas? Thanks! :)

I use a Pantene anti-frizz serum, a little gel (a dime size in the palm) and just let it dry naturally. Now, today is an especially rainy day, so it is a little frizzy, but not as bad as it would be without the serum.

I also use Aussie Sprunch Spray when it's still somewhat damp, after it's had time to dry some. That helps hold the curl and isn't really crunchy - unless I want it to be and use more than normal.

One of the hardest things to remember is the "less is more". You don't need too much conditioner, or it just weighs the hair down and looks awful. And too much product will do the same. Blow drying will actually make it frizzier too.

My daughter and I both have curly hair. She uses LA Looks anti-frizz gel for curly hair (blue) and I use Suave's anti-frizz cream (orange tube). If we need additional frizz control and/or hold, we both use a quick spritz of White Rain's Pearberry Boost hair spray. If I spray too much, my hair does get a little crunchy, but if I scrunch it again after it has dried completely, the crunchiness goes away.

I use John Frieda Frizz-Ease products.. I get mine from Target, I'm not sure if Wal-Mart or anywhere else sells them. My favorite though is the Take Charge Curl-Boosting Mousse.. just work it through your hair when it's damp and blowdry with a diffuser, and it holds up like a champ and keeps frizzies away without being sticky/crunchy/greasy/etc.

Sometimes I use Aussie's 3 Minute Miracle, too.. it's just a deep conditioner that works really well when my hair gets dried out or kind of gross from too much product. You just need a tiny bit (I have thick, curly hair down to the middle of my back and I use about a quarter-sized amount) and then I usually put a shower cap on and trap the heat in for a few minutes and rinse out in the shower. Always makes my hair really soft, and smells SUPER good too. :cloud9:

My daughter and I both have curly hair. She uses LA Looks anti-frizz gel for curly hair (blue) and I use Suave's anti-frizz cream (orange tube). If we need additional frizz control and/or hold, we both use a quick spritz of White Rain's Pearberry Boost hair spray. If I spray too much, my hair does get a little crunchy, but if I scrunch it again after it has dried completely, the crunchiness goes away.

We use the Suave Sleek line too (Orange bottles). My DD Loves them!

I use Herbal Essances totally twisted mousse. Its in a purple bottle. I really like it. It dont leave my hair crunchy or frizzy.

I use the LA Looks "pink" gel. I apply liberally when wet and when it dries I'm good to go. Not crunchy but a little firm, which is good because I live in a very HUMID climate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter