Gallbladder Question

SillyMe

<font color=green>I love trying to figure out myst
Can the pain be felt sometimes when you take a deep breath? My function when I had my HIDA scan was 24%. I've had the pain in my back/right shoulder blade, but haven't had any full blown attacks with nausea like most people seem to have. I'm calling the surgeon today. But anyway, a few minutes ago, I took a deep breath and this sharp pain shot up the back and the front from below my right breast straight up toward my shoulder. Just kinda freaking out here hoping it's not my lung or anything.

I was really busy at work today and didn't have time to call. I'm hoping by Friday I will get a chance.

Try not to worry too much. I had mine out several years ago, and it wasn't bad at all. The recovery was very easy.

(BTW - it is really hard to focus on gallbladders when looking at that yummy picture in your signature! :faint: )

Had my appt today. The surgeon thinks the pain may be acid reflux pain. He's doing an EGD the first week of May. He wants to check to see if I have esophagitis or any other problems.

He said he doesn't necessarily think I need my gallbladder removed right away. He also told me that people diagnosed with biliary dyskinesia will not end up in the ER due to a severe attack, requiring emergency surgery. I didn't know that. Everything I read had me so worried that if I let it go, I might get really sick, etc. He said that's not true.

Reflux is not fun and then getting your insurance to cover the right medication is always a pain. If you have esophagitis, Nexium is great for that as it claims to heal any erosions. Darn I miss my Nexium but now taking the generic for Prilosec and I do not think it works as well...

Hang in there, find out what it really is and if it is reflux, try not to eat foods that trigger an attack. But then again, sometimes it is not the food, it can be stress...yikes, I wish I had more words of advice, I never know when I am going to have that pain. I can tell for sure when it is food related but sometimes just the stress does it for me.

Also, I keep Tums on hand, they help and also liquid antacid like Gaviscon helps as well.

Hugs...

Reflux is not fun and then getting your insurance to cover the right medication is always a pain. If you have esophagitis, Nexium is great for that as it claims to heal any erosions. Darn I miss my Nexium but now taking the generic for Prilosec and I do not think it works as well...

Hang in there, find out what it really is and if it is reflux, try not to eat foods that trigger an attack. But then again, sometimes it is not the food, it can be stress...yikes, I wish I had more words of advice, I never know when I am going to have that pain. I can tell for sure when it is food related but sometimes just the stress does it for me.

Also, I keep Tums on hand, they help and also liquid antacid like Gaviscon helps as well.

Hugs...
Oh boy. Stress? Now I know the cause of it. I've definitely had alot of that in the past year, especially lately.

I don't have prescription coverage, so Nexium won't be a possibility for me.

At least there is OTC Prilosec which may be costly and does help somewhat. Also, tums and the liquid gaviscon helps.. I keep the liquid in the refrigerator...it is less icky that way...

Keep us in the loop and let us know how it goes.. also, I am pretty good at knowing what foods may trigger these attacks...you might want to keep a journal on what you eat and when the attack occured... just for you to know.

Thanks. I've already found I can't eat spicy foods anymore. I can't eat spaghetti sauce :guilty: although I put baking soda in it and eat it every once in awhile anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter