1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

FYI those who use PO mailing boxes

Discussion in 'The Creative Community' started by ImaDizneyNut, Jan 19, 2006.

1. ImaDizneyNut

ImaDizneyNut Mouseketeer

A friend of mine that is in a very large swap went to send her items using Priority box. When she went to the PO she was told she had to order them online and they will be delivered to her house..
    PO's will no longer carry boxes like this.

THIS IS FREE.
    go to USPS.com
    click shipping tools
    click supplies
    click priority mail

I'm ordering mine now

i thought some of you might like this info
    hope it helps someone

I forgot they carry the white things (boxes and envies) that you can pay for but the ones that they use to hand you for free you have to order off line.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LisaNJ25

LisaNJ25 DIS Veteran<br><font color=aqua>I paid $300 back i

You can also print out your postage online for free and the mailman will pick up at your free door. No reason to even go into the post office anymore :)

4. ImaDizneyNut

ImaDizneyNut Mouseketeer

really. That will be nice cause I'm gonna have ALOT of boxes going out soon. the problem with ordering the boxes online is you have to wait 10-14 days for delivery.

I'm gonna go check that out thanks for that info

5. PixieDust32

PixieDust32 ♥ Live ♥ Love♥ Disney ♥

I knew that about the boxes and postage. I went today to my local Post office and the got all the boxes there, and envelopes, so I got some for some exchanges.

Thanks for the info!

6. Twigs

Twigs <font color=deeppink>DIS Cast Member<br><font colo

I will have to go and check this out, last week I was in my PO and the racks were full.

7. bubbasmom99

bubbasmom99 <br>Disney Obsessed<br><font color=red>I know you

I always order them online -- it doesn't actually take that long. I usually get mine within 3-4 days. The flat rate envies come within a couple days, boxes take a couple days longer. I just store them all out in the garage and grab what I need. If you are a swap hostess, I suggest ordering a case of flat rate envies and boxes to have on hand. It's very handy.

I also generate all my mailing labels online. Even if you don't pay for them online (you can choose label only, without postage), you will get a tracking # for delivery confirmation (for FREE). You can print them on regular paper and tape them to the box. And then you can request pickup so the mailman comes a knockin'.

MUCH easier than going to the PO....

8. disneyfreakjackie

disneyfreakjackie <font color="blue">The only thing better than a Di

Ahhhhh! I like that idea!!!

9. pppiglet

pppiglet DIS Cast Member<br><font color=deeppink>Don't like

My DS found this out for us when he started selling stuff on Ebay. You should see his closet. It's full of boxes! The online postage is very convenient and easy!

10. scrapcreator

scrapcreator DIS Veteran

Good info to know! I'd hate to walk into the PO planning to mail stuff and not be able to. Grrrrrr! It's hard enough to get there as it is.

Jeanne