FYI RE: "Double Dipping"

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by jsf0003, Sep 22, 2013.

1. starsweeper

starsweeper DIS Veteran

Exactly, thank you. When we visit in a couple weeks, I'll have no problem letting a CM know regular FP is not prohibited to FP+ testers and they need to adjust their attitude.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Ametista

Ametista DIS Veteran

Exactly!

4. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

I think more people were entranced by your FP/FP+ rant....

5. mefordis

mefordis If you can dream it, you can do it.

Ah, good point. Timing is a factor.

6. Barbara C

Barbara C Mouseketeer

We just got back. We "double-dipped" a few times and didn't have one snarky comment from anyone. I would not bother taking off your band when using a paper FP.

7. MDsMomma

MDsMomma Mouseketeer

We are here now. We have Magic Bands, but they aren't active for FP+ until we change from our non testing resort to our testing resort for our split. We are wearing our bands because it so easy for park access and for our room. I asked at check in for our non testing resort and they said it will all work except FP+ booking. Our dining should be working too, but it's not only a bar code comes up not everything that is supposed to. Right now they are making life easier, but then we have to use our room keys or APs to get FP. Someone said to scan our band and I just said we have paper FP and they said ok.

8. AuroraRora

AuroraRora Princess

How did you have kttw cards if you had MB's, don't the MB's open the room doors? Or did you ask for separate kttw cards?

9. Reddog1134

Reddog1134 DIS Veteran

I believe you still need a KTTW card for things like EMH.

10. EpiStitch

EpiStitch Mouseketeer

I just got back from Disney this morning and we had both MBs and KTTW, I think they gave us the KTTW because the MBs are so buggy. My MB did not open the room door, but my friend's did. Hers also seemed to work better for meals than mine did too, but both of ours worked fine with the FP+.

11. disneymomof1

disneymomof1 DIS Veteran

How are you pulling paper FP without a room key, do your bands work at the paper machines too ? We have magic bands but we are park hopping one day, made FP plus reservations for night but will want paper FP for the morning.

12. Tormania

Tormania Mouseketeer

I agree. Funny how the folks that would complain the most would be more than happy if THEY were the one getting the "perceived" benefit and someone else was not. The entitlement mentality that is running rampant in this country is getting beyond ridiculous. :sad2:

13. Reddog1134

Reddog1134 DIS Veteran

You still get a KTTW card.

14. mcgraws

mcgraws Mouseketeer

we were at Animal Kingdom this morning having entered the park using our Magic Bands, we could not pull paper fast passes using our plastic tickets, we got a nonvalid ticket saying we had not used that card to enter the park. (we tried at Dinosaur and Expedition Everest). However yesterday at Epcot we were able to enter with our bands and use our plastic cards to pull paper Test Track fast passes.

Did something change overnight or is it just AK that has this set up?

Another question, considering the message we received do you think that we might be able to use the plastic tickets for entry to a park that we don't have set up for fp+ so that we can pull paper ones while in that park (for example if we plan to hop to a different park later and have our fp+'s set up for that park)

15. PEC

PEC DIS Veteran

Some of the complaints on here are a little silly. With an ounce of planning, TSM is the only ride that would require you to get a FP early in the day during this testing period. Sure a few others run a 3-4 hours before closing but in all these scenarios it is about the same whether doing FP+ or not. To put it simple if you show up at the park 2 hours before closing don't get mad if there are no FPs left on a major attraction. I could see these complaints being valid if it was Christmas or Easter Week but this is the slow time of year with very few rides going over 30 minute waits to begin with. Bottomline, Disney picked a good time of year to step up the test and work the bugs out. IF a few people benefit good for them.

16. MickeyMinnieMom

MickeyMinnieMom If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

:thumbsup2 Seems pretty straightforward to me. :confused3

17. delmar411

delmar411 DIS Veteran

You might as well enter with the plastic cards and then you know for sure they were activated. The MBs work wether or not the ticket were used for entry or not.

18. Violet Parr

Violet Parr DIS Veteran

It's totally fair. We used to get about 6 or 7 regular fp per day until this trip when we had FP+. This time we used 3 FP+ and 3 regular fastpasses. I don't think it limited anyone's ability to uses FP.

VP

19. LarryNabisco

LarryNabisco Magician that eats fire !!

You broke the rules, not impressive!

20. Violet Parr

Violet Parr DIS Veteran

We were given the KTTW cards without requesting them. We were told they were a backup, since the bands are still in testing. Occasionally, bands would not work. The KTTW cards made up for that.

To those saying it isn't fair to double-dip, Disney is allowing it because the FP+ system is still in testing, and since testing guests are paying guests, it is only fair to give them a reliable backup, since every other guest gets a reliable backup.

BTW, we got no snotty comments from cast members. In fact, CMs told us to take full advantage of the opportunity to double dip, because we only had 3 fp+ to choose from.
    VP

VP

21. hburke01

hburke01 Earning My Ears

I'm curious what exactly the snarky comment was that the CM made.