FYI: Connections Renewal

marymrg

DIS Veteran
My membership is up for renewal in September. I know to be on the look-out for them to charge my account a month ahead of time. I don't plan on renewing. Although I loved getting the discounts, the renewal cost is just way too much. ($139 - I think) I noticed that they charged my credit card for $1.95 this week. They listed it as a "S&H" charge. I thought maybe it was for postage for some gift cert's. But, I decided to call as I have never been charged postage before. Well, lo and behold, they automatically charged my card for a one month trial membership renewal. (that's how I joined to begin with) I said........."Why would I want a one month trial membership renewal when I have an active membership until September 23rd?" I asked for it to be credited immediately. The rep said he would note it on my account but that he doesn't have the ability to credit it. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said they wouldn't be able to either. So, I immediately disputed the charge with my credit card. While I know it is not a lot of money, I will let them deal with it. The rep also mentioned that I will be notified about the upcoming renewal and that I can take the appropriate action then. I am not holding my breath for that!

My next step is to see if the credit card company can block them from making any charges against my account. I don't know if that's possible but I will find out.

:mad:

Mary

I tried alerting my credit card company beforehand that I anticipated an automatic charge on my cc from this company(based on other board members' experiences), but I was informed that there was nothing I could do to "block" the charge. I had to wait until I was charged, then dispute it, which I did. I was really upset that Connections charged me a month in advance...I did not anticipate that. Anyway, the money was credited back to my cc within 10 days. I hope you have the same luck.

I noticed that they charged my credit card for $1.95 this week. They listed it as a "S&H" charge.

That is really strange, since the trial is usually $1.00!

The only thing I can think of is that next month would be the one year anniversary of my trial membership and now they have raised the price. I heard back from my credit card company within an hour of sending an email to dispute the charge. I'm sure I'll be doing the same thing when my 1 year renewal comes up.

I enjoyed the savings but don't need disney passes for awhile. Even with the problems, I can see myself joining in the future.........and then cancelling after a month.

I joined this time through Lillian Vernon. Free the first month..$8.50 each month I stay after that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter