1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Future Disney Cruise Performer!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by AbsyBabsy, Feb 3, 2013.

1. AbsyBabsy

AbsyBabsy Disney Diva

I just have to do this!! My daughter plans to work at Disney World as Ariel or Belle as soon as she turns 16 - and on the cruise line when she is 21. Here she is last night - singing with a metal bar in her mouth and a cold! It was a sell out crowd and she was so nervous!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnVIBcdmlS4

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. SplashMom

SplashMom I have a whole new perspective on life!

Wow...beautiful job! I think she would make a great Disney princess!

4. tinkerone

tinkerone DIS Veteran

that was amazing! thanks for sharing.
    btw i'm Canadian however every time I hear your national anthem I cry, its just beautiful. the writer was brilliant. this time I couldn't tell if it was your daughters beautiful voice or the song that brought tears to my eyes. :hug:
    she will make a great princess cause she's already there.

5. LemonPie

LemonPie Mouseketeer

That was really very good especially for how young she is. She even looks a little like Ariel.

6. Melissa S

Melissa S DIS Veteran

I can't tell by the video but working as a Princess at the park has a lot to do with height. I learned this the hard way when I was 16 trying to get a summer job. I was able to get a job as a performer but because I am only 5'4" they offered me the job as Stitch!! :rotfl2: Looking back it was funny but at the time I was very shocked that I couldn't be Cinderella long blonde hair and all. I was shown the chart that you had to be at least 5' 7" to be one of the princesses. I didn't take the job (only wanted to be in a hot costume all day if it was a pretty one). Of course this was almost 15 years ago so things may have changed. Good luck to your talented daughter :)

7. 3princessMommy

3princessMommy DIS Veteran

Was there an upper height limit too? I'm probably taller than most of the Prince Charmings....:rotfl2:

8. nene0182

nene0182 Mouseketeer

That was wonderful! She is very talented!

9. jemmouse

jemmouse DIS Veteran

That was wonderful! :cheer2:

10. AbsyBabsy

AbsyBabsy Disney Diva

She is 5'4" now and 12 years old. In order to be a Disney Princess, she has to be between 5"3 and 5'7" and at least 16 years old!

And thank you - she did a great job and most importantly, she is a great kid!

11. papertraveller

papertraveller DIS Veteran

Wow -- what a fabulous job! Yay Abigail! The whole family must be so proud!!

I think of you often -- we had such a wonderful time cruising with you and the family two years ago. We have a terrific photo of the three girls at Key West, holding their hats on in the breeze as they looked out at the ocean.

Our DD is now 5'7", so I suspect her princess ambitions will have to be left only to attitude, lol. She just got accepted to an arts high school, so maybe your princess could use a Disney dancer beside her!!

Best

12. wallawallakids

wallawallakids DIS Veteran

She did great! Congratulations to your DD!!!!

13. sambycat

sambycat DIS Veteran

:scared1: FRIEND OF STITCH