Fussy Eaters

toffeecushion

Earning My Ears
We have a couple of fussy eaters in our party. Is it possible for an adult to order from the child menu, will it seem like an odd request?

We have a couple of fussy eaters in our party. Is it possible for an adult to order from the child menu, will it seem like an odd request?
Yes adults from kids kids from adults...

Each dinner has plain stuff, plain steak, plain chicken plain salmon on the menu.

Oh yes, My adult DD was so excited she could order from the children's menu.
She loves to dress up and is a super picky eater. On other cruise lines she ends up not eating in the MDR because of food issues.
She ate every night on Disney cruises from the children's menu.............they do bring you more food too. So instead of one hamburger, so got 2 (which she didn't want)

Thanks so much. Do you have to ask for the children's menu or will we be given one on our table as we are all adults?
If there isn't any children there you will have to ask for it.

I would go through the adult menu first, as on my first reply there are plain items every night, chicken steak and salmon on the menu.

And once you ask twice, it is usually sitting there the next night ;)

Here are a couple pictures
232323232%7Ffp54378%3Enu%3D3285%3E247%3E937%3EWSNRCG%3D389439%3C49732%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp543%3A8%3Enu%3D3285%3E247%3E937%3EWSNRCG%3D389439%3C47832%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp73479%3Enu%3D3285%3E247%3E937%3EWSNRCG%3D389439%3C47732%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp5438%3A%3Enu%3D3285%3E247%3E937%3EWSNRCG%3D389439%3C48532%3Bnu0mrj

You can also mix and match, I quite often want the main entree from the adult menu but prefer the kids sides. I love the Mac and Cheese as a side and get it all the time.

Best part about Disney is they will exceed the expectations of even the pickiest of people every time!!!!
My son is so picky so is my husband ....our servers were unbelievable and they always had my sons goto Mickey Pasta waiting for him ....

Best part about Disney is they will exceed the expectations of even the pickiest of people every time!!!!
My son is so picky so is my husband ....our servers were unbelievable and they always had my sons goto Mickey Pasta waiting for him ....

DCL stopped my son being a picky eater he was at first saw all the great food we got and said he wanted some of it and started increasing his boundaries.

They have no problem serving anything to anyone.

The night I finally gave up on the regular menu, Pirate night at Royal Palace (disgusting options for vegetarians, just gross, IMO), I ordered a big ol' kid's mac&cheese and it was delicious. DH was forcing his way through the Tiger Lily pancake things (which resulted in a LONG conversation with our server about how the chefs were doing it ALL wrong with that dish, and ended up with the server forgetting about the menu and bringing us vegetarian Indian food the rest of the nights, except for me at Animator's because I actually love their potato celeriac gratin) and was not-so-secretly wishing he'd done the same thing as me (and DS).

DS orders a combo of kid and adult food always.

On the WBPC cruise my DH had cheese sticks and mac n cheese from the kids menu every night as apps. even when it wasnt on the menu. It started out a joke...then turned in to a 4 table (surrounding us) "everyone wants the cheese sticks and mac and cheese every night" order. It was awesome. I think our wait staff hated us.

I asked for kids menu on the first day and they gave me them for the rest of the cruise. It was great as most of the time the mains on the adult menu were just too fancy for me. I'd rather mac n cheese.

I am a very picky eater (don't like fine dining foods) and have had no issue on my 3 cruises. The 1st 2 years I ordered off the menu every night but this year I ordered salmon and a Baked Potato at least 3 meals and it was great. It is your cruise and they aim to please so order what you want. I am one of the rare people who would skip dinners (except Animators) if it weren't for my daughter and the people we travel with. I think the dinners are great but I hate sitting there that long, so many other things I want to do. Like I said, I know I am one of the different ones but dinner is more like a 30 minute thing to me than 1-2 hours.

This is our 4th cruise, but we have never used any of the rotational restaurants because of fussy eaters. This year we are going to give it a go.

DCL stopped my son being a picky eater he was at first saw all the great food we got and said he wanted some of it and started increasing his boundaries.

Same with our kids. From day one on our first first cruise we did not let the kids order off the children's menu. The had to at least try something from the main menu. If they were still hungry after dinner, they could always get a burger or pizza later. We cruised with our kids from ages 3 and 5 to ages 21 and 23 and watch them both grow out of their fussiness. We never forced them to eat anything but provided the opportunity for them to try other foods.

My mother is an extremely fussy eater and it was embarrassing cruising with her as she'd ask for special dishes every meal. "Can I get the pot roast without the gravey...and don't put any tomatoes in my salad....does the fruit salad have cherries....I don't like cherries....I'd like coffee but mix it half coffee and half hot water....and put the cream in the cup before you put the coffee in the cup...." OMG, I can't believe I'm taking her on another cruise this year! LOL Bless her heart.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter