Furious - need some clarity

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by FlyingDumbo, May 9, 2013.

1. joanne312

joanne312 DIS Veteran

Don't worry about a few people thinking you're a scammer. We don't really expect you rush home to update nosy DISers to prove you are legit. Until you tell us that your husband is leaving you for the housekeeper, your mom needs an organ transplant, your brother is being held hostage in a foreign country, and you start having an affair with the head of the HR department, I'll believe you :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Lorelei Lee

Lorelei Lee DIS Veteran

Somehow I suspected that this is how it would work out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DISBoards

4. Social Worker Sue

Social Worker Sue Mouseketeer

You could be fired for talking about being a victim of a hit and run? Wow.

They should not be talking about YOU getting fired. You did nothing wrong.

5. TLuvsD

TLuvsD DIS Veteran

It sounds like HR is being reasonable. I am glad to hear you will be getting a more comfortable car asap. I hope you can start to recover from all this....

6. FINFAN

FINFAN Mom to Tinkbell

Well, I will speak for myself - Not meaning to offend, and I admitted to being cynical (been a rough few months ) but I gotta say that the HR stuff is just plain odd. Sounds like what transpired in today's meeting falls more in line with normal guidelines. So the doctor person who hit your car was not in the meeting? I thought that the 2 of you were meeting in HR together which is what raised a BIG flag for me. Sounds like she was not involved in your meeting which is good.

As far as the scammer before, she was good. SO MANY on here were offering help, advice, guidance, comfort...you learn from your mistakes so hopefully you can understand when another situation takes some bizarre turns, it can be hard to ignore past experiences.

That's the thing with the internet, responses of all kinds will happen.

Main thing is that you can move forward and glad you are getting a larger car.

7. Lorelei Lee

Lorelei Lee DIS Veteran

Wrong.

If they fire the doctor she may sue for wrongful termination. And the OP's testimony would be relevant. And it's never a good idea for witnesses to be gossiping about the case.

And if they don't fire the doctor they want to quell any gossip because who needs that going on in the workplace?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DISBoards

8. FlyingDumbo

FlyingDumbo DIS Veteran

The message they left me this morning sounded like we were all meeting together. I must have misunderstood it. They said they wanted to meet with all parties involved. I thought they meant together, but it seems like we must have all had our own meetings.

I remember that poster. The pregnant lady flying to Canada. I actually believed her. I was sort of hurt when I found out she was not true.

9. Robbi

Robbi DIS Veteran

No need for an apology. You came here to get this off your chest. Glad your meeting was not too bad.

10. FlyingDumbo

FlyingDumbo DIS Veteran

I couldn't help but think they are keeping the doctor and don't want her reputation to be tarnished. But that is total speculation on my part. I just feel like they are on her side. But who knows.

11. Social Worker Sue

Social Worker Sue Mouseketeer

Gossip? Who said anything about gossip?

A co-worker asks: "When will your car be fixed?" Or "How badly is your car damaged?" I am wondering if OP can be fired if she answers those questions:confused3 Or even "Who hit your car?" OP can't answer truthfully or else she will be fired.

12. Robbi

Robbi DIS Veteran

This is what I've been thinking. Be cautious and do not talk about it period-no phone calls, texts, emails, Facebook, even the mall or church. They could take any of these and use them as grounds to fire you.

13. FlyingDumbo

FlyingDumbo DIS Veteran

Of course the first thing when I got back to my floor was everyone wanting to know what happened at the meeting. I just said I am not supposed to discuss it. People seemed to understand. I was also 2 hours behind on my work so I was pretty busy for the rest of the day.

14. Robbi

Robbi DIS Veteran

Smart woman!

15. Allison

Allison DIS Veteran

So pages and pages of posters going on about the terrible scenarios of evil HR making the OP meet with the doctor and that was never the case. HR was actually doing what HR departments do and gathering information, they didn't know the doctor talked to the OP, and gave reasonable advice for going forward.

Gee where is al the drama for everyone in that.

16. Handbag Lady

Handbag Lady Disneyland Bride 2000

I hope that doctor gets fired. It would anger me to no end if I saw such a video of her crashing into my car and then walking away after looking at her own damage.

She has very low moral standards. If the workplace has a code of conduct and they don't follow up with SOMETHING against the doctor, I'm not sure I would want to work there any longer.

17. CaliBear

CaliBear DIS Veteran

I'm glad it worked out well FlyingDumbo!

18. LargoLori

LargoLori DIS Veteran

This...what occurred was a hit and run which is a felony. She sould be arrested. If I were to guess there is a bigger reason she did not want to report.

19. Sanchez

Sanchez DIS Veteran

Good gracious. Now HR is out to fire her.

Seems that Lorelei Lee and some other rational thinkers were right all along. But where is the drama in that?

20. Sanchez

Sanchez DIS Veteran

Yes, but don't you know that HR is really on the doctor's side and looking for reasons to fire the victim?

21. NaLisa

NaLisa DIS Veteran

"I'm sorry, but I cannot discuss it," IS answering truthfully.