Funny question about CL - don't laugh!!!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Mousemommy1, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Ok, so in CL, you get the robes...are they to keep? Or just use while you are there??? Sorry! I realize this might be the most ridiculous question ever asked, but I wasn't able to find an answer via search...

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Lynne M

Lynne M Moderator Moderator

They're only for use while you're there. They usually do sell similar robes in the gift shop at hotels that have club level, so if you love it and want to get one of your own, you can.

And it's not a ridiculous question at all . :)

4. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

:laughing: Ok, thank you! Just thought if you got to keep it, it would somewhat justify the cost...I don't wear robes anyways!!! :rotfl:

5. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

My DS11 loves the robe!!! Perhaps the girls will partake :lovestruc

6. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

They are to be worn in the room, not in the lounge.

7. Cinderumbrella

Cinderumbrella Wench

This :thumbsup2

8. JustCallMeMommy

JustCallMeMommy DIS Veteran

There are purchasing details attached to each robe...which tells me that the question is not a silly one since they have to make it crystal clear to all guests.

9. scottmel

scottmel <font color=darkorchid>Does my logic in my origina

the robes were a big letdown for me! I pictured this nice and toasy thick terry etc. it was waffle patterned and paper thin.....ugh. never used it..

10. mmmears

mmmears DIS Veteran

::yes::::yes::::yes:::thumbsup2

11. gwynne

gwynne Be always blooming

Exactly. They do the same with little attached notices in Vegas.

And they are bathrobes ....I think 99.9% of people know they aren't going to the lounge to bathe. :rotfl:

I guess for the teeny-tiny percentage of those who might be confused, the gentle notices about wearing them in the only in the room might be appropriate. :laughing:

12. Carol17

Carol17 Mouseketeer

I love having a robe, but frankly, they're not that great. Not at all soft or all that absorbent, they are a one size fits all thin robe. If it was too nice, people would be taking them home! LOL. They are bettter than nothing, but not by much.

13. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Good to know guys, thanks!!! I was contemplating booking CL, however, am having a hard time justifying the cost. I figured that if I had something tangible to bring back (ie the robe) it would help...but it sounds as though I wouldn't want it anyways. :laughing: And, as I said in an earlier post, I don't even wear robes anyways, was just wondering. And I most certainly wouldn't wear it in the lounge... who does that??? :confused3

14. mmmears

mmmears DIS Veteran

You'd be surprised! :rotfl:

15. Ali

Ali 14 years here... never a tag fairy visit

I used it in December on my DS to walk back from the pool in the cold air... I didn't care if people looked at us weird. It seemed to be the best option to keep him warm and not bring wet towels back to the room.

We had to walk past the lounge on our way from the elevator to our room so we did stop quickly for a drink on our way. We did not stay there in the robe.

16. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

I remember seeing a note on one in a hotel: These robes are available in our gift shop. If you would like to keep this one, we will add it to your room charge.

17. Backstage_Gal

Backstage_Gal <font color=darkorchid>Let me rephrase the dog ste

The reason those signs about there purchasing robes is because people steal them!. Port Orleans just opened the new Royal rooms and already 5 bedspreads and 12 bolster pillow are gone (stolen), and a luggage bench shaped after the dog in B&B was found running lose in the parking lot. Apparently it didn't fit in the trunk :confused3

One might argue that they thought a robe was for the taking, but a bedspread or a luggage bench? I don't think there is any excuse for that.

PS: if you take an item from the room, you will be billed for it.

18. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

I hope all the people who stole those bedspreads and bolsters (plus the bench) got billed for them.

19. madelyn

madelyn DIS Veteran

Only stayed club level once about 16 years ago. At the Grand Floridian. I was surprised to see people wearing the hotel robes in the lounge (for breakfast).

20. kandb

kandb DIS Veteran

I would rather see people in a bathrobe, then a few gentlemen I have seen at the pools in those awful "speedos". :scared1: Talk about ruining my appetite. :sad2:

21. Mrs K

Mrs K Mouseketeer

I second that!! Saw a large gentleman in a white speedo last July, I'm glad we were gone by the time he got out of the pool!