Funny Money

DBL101

DIS Veteran
There have been a few threads with about Disney Dollars, Mickey Money, etc., so I thought I'd spend some time and come up with my own spin.

An interesting story came out of my design efforts. I decided to scan in a few US bills to use as examples (for ideas). I then had a problem when opening them up in Paint Shop Pro. No problems with the 1, 5, or 10. The 20, however, was a different story. There must be something in that bill that PSP recognizes. It popped up a window with a link to counterfeiting and wouldn't open the file.

At any rate, here are the 4 bills I came up with:

Updated 8/7/8 with two more:

Updated 4/10/2010 with three more alternatives:

I have added additional variations over time. Instead of paging through the entire thread, you can find them all here: http://wdwpsp.smugmug.com/Disigns/Funny-Money/4530483_6tqzWn#!i=1253524516&k=8VHwwRk

To get larger copies of these or any of my DISigns:
My signiture has a link to my Smugmug galleries. Feel free to use any of them on any project you like. For these specific DISigns, you may click on them to launch a new window with a larger version.

Instructions for getting DISigns from SmugMug:
The individual galleries display with a thumbnail index to the left and a larger "preview" of one of those images on the right. 1st) Select your image from the thumbnails on the left. This may involve moving to another page. Once the larger image is displayed to the right, you can move your mouse over that image and a sub menu will appear. From that menu you can select larger sizes to view. From there you should be able to right-click and "Copy" the image to your clipboard from where you can insert it into another software product. You can also "Save Picture As" to save it directly to your computer. Now you can use it however you like.

Those are awesome, Thank you... I have an award system for my kids and I will give them these for things they do, to earn $ for disney, and they can trade them in for cash before the trip...
GREAT JOB
Angela

you did a fabulous job! thanks for sharing and I'm gonna print off some of these for my kiddos!!!:goodvibes

Awesome job!

I will use these for a reward for my girls for our trip in July.

Thanks

Thank you ! Thank you! Thank you! :worship:
I posted one of those threads you were talking about and I still had not had any luck finding a good template! Your designs are fantastic!!!:cool1:

I'm looking at all the designs in this section, trying a few of my own, and trying to learn a little as well. Did you do those in Photoshop? If so, I realize there must be several layers involved, and I can probably figure out how to do that. But did you start with a base template, or did you design it yourself, from scratch?

I would like to use these for the 9 kids we are taking to WDW this summer. While I realize I can print them from this page, it would be interesting to see how it was made originally and see if I can get my skills up to that level.

Great job!!:thumbsup2

I'm looking at all the designs in this section, trying a few of my own, and trying to learn a little as well. Did you do those in Photoshop? If so, I realize there must be several layers involved, and I can probably figure out how to do that. But did you start with a base template, or did you design it yourself, from scratch?

I would like to use these for the 9 kids we are taking to WDW this summer. While I realize I can print them from this page, it would be interesting to see how it was made originally and see if I can get my skills up to that level.

Great job!!:thumbsup2

I use Paint Shop Pro. There are many layers in the native design. It gets flattened when you save it as a jpg file to post. When you want to be able to change or customize something the layers make everything so much easier. My Princess, Cars, & Pooh designs, for example, all have the different characters on their own layer. I just turn on the character I want and turn off the old one. Then change the name, flatten, and save as a jpg file.
I searched the net for some sort of template to begin with, but couldn't find anything. I ended up starting from scratch with an empty rectangle.

Just wanted to say these are awesome!!!

I've resorted to bribery to get my son to save for our fall trip. I'll exchange funny money for his "real" dollars to help him save and not spend!! Then he can trade these back for spending $$ on our trip!!

Wendy

How do you print these?

The easiest way is to right-click on the image and select "Copy" from the menu. Then open word and create a new document. Right-click again and select paste to put the image into the word document. Now just print the word doc.

The easiest way is to right-click on the image and select "Copy" from the menu. Then open word and create a new document. Right-click again and select paste to put the image into the word document. Now just print the word doc.

Thanks

I love the "funny money" that you DISigned. Like the other DISers, I am going to use these as a reward system for my nephews that we are taking to WDW in November. Thank you so much for your fun DISigns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter