funnelcake recipe

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by cn123, Jan 10, 2010.

1. cn123

cn123 Mouseketeer

Im hoping someone can help with this. I went to wdw just before christmas abd bout a 5lb bag of funnelcake mix however when I returned home I realize I was not given any cooking directions. Has anyone purchased this and has the recipe laying around. I bought in in Epcot in the world showcase.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Christy729

Christy729 Mouseketeer

I have never cooked Disney's, but I have my own recipe so I would imagine the cooking directions are the same.

2 beaten eggs
    1 1/2 cups milk
    2 cups flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    2 cups vegetable oil

1. Mix eggs, milk, flour, baking powder,and salt.
    2. Heat oil until a test drop of batter fries quickly. Put a few spoons of batter in a funnel with a finger covering the spout. Release into oil and swirl in a continuous circle until funnel cake is formed. Let fry until crispy on each side.
    3. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, fruit, or whipped cream.

4. Christy729

Christy729 Mouseketeer

Oh, and if you don't have a funnel, the just pour smaller, random pieces of batter into the oil. Smaller works better than large.

5. cn123

cn123 Mouseketeer

thank you, but Im under the impression I only have to add liquid. the bag I got is funnelcake powder.. I assume is all the dry ingredients. I think I'm gonna have to call Epcot and hopefully get patched through to the funnelcake place

6. Christy729

Christy729 Mouseketeer

Just add the fresh ingredients, and you'll be fine.

7. rlovew

rlovew Moderator Moderator

You may be able to get an answer faster if you email guest services. I know that information is on the dis but I am not sure where right now.

Rebecca