funnel cake with a snack credit

phi2012

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, just planning some bits for our up coming holiday this year and one thing hubby wants to get again this time is funnel cake. Last time we got it from sleepy hollow in the magic kingdom, but allears isn't showing it as a snack credit. Where can we get these lovely snacks as a credit?

funny you should ask. My son is crazy for funnel cakes and we are doing the DDP on our next trip and as little as 1.5 months ago there were NO snack credit funnel cakes it seemed. Now most of the menus have been updated to allow them as snack credits. The plain (with sugar or cinnamon) funnel cake at sleepy hollow is a snack credit as of last week, but the one with strawberries and whipped cream was not. I asked a friend who was there to take a pic of the menu for me and this is it below. It seems like the funnel cake at the american pavilion in Epcot is now a snack credit (was not before so good news for my fried dough loving kid) but not any of the topped ones are, and the funnel cakes at Oasis Canteen are ALL a snack credit, including the one with strawberries and ice cream for $8.19 unless that is a typo on allears. This is the menu pic taken last week. However the waffle sandwiches are reportedly now gone except for the nutella and fruit one.

12625931_10208377200213204_1414932203_n.jpg

that menu has changed now since the sandwiches were discontinued. They still have the fruit waffle one. And apparently you can still get a funnel cake as long as you don't get the one with strawberries.

Thats brilliant. Thank you. Here in the UK they don't have funnel cakes, and tried making it for my hubby, but it just didn't taste right. He will be very happy to learn of so many places he can get one, so thanks :)

Thats brilliant. Thank you. Here in the UK they don't have funnel cakes, and tried making it for my hubby, but it just didn't taste right. He will be very happy to learn of so many places he can get one, so thanks :)

My son's second food group after "molten cheese" is "fried dough". When I told him we were doing the DDP the ONE thing he wanted to use snack credits on was funnel cake and the ones at Epcot were not eligible... not sure about sleepy hollow or oasis canteen but glad to know I can satisfy his dough lust wherever we happen to be at the time :)

January 2016 - I used my snack credit to get a funnel cake at Epcot (America). There was a little sign in the booth saying they did not use snack credits. I asked about it and the guy removed the sign from the window. He said, "Sometimes the computer does not recognize that transaction and he forgot to remove the sign." So I would just ask.

That was one delicious funnel cake.

OK- I can't resist... Many may not believe me but my great grandmother was credited with introducing funnel cakes to the US. It was a German treat that was made for farm hands as an afternoon treat in the heat of summer. It was first introduced at the Kutztown Folk Festival in the 50's. When we came of age, my sister's and I had to put on our PA Dutch clothes and sell the cakes over July 4th week at the festival. In the 70's we sold them for .50 cents. Everytime we pass a funnel cake kiosk I always think, "Dang, why didn't grandmom Miller think to patent her recipe!" (Not that my family was neccessicarily the one in line to inherit.) Back then, we only put powdered sugar on the cakes. I love how they have evolved with fruit toppings.

I used a snack credit to get a funnel cake at Sleepy Hollow back in December. It wasn't very good though. :(

We got the Funnel Cake with Strawberries and Ice cream at the Oasis Canteen as a snack credit and took it in Indiana Jones with us - it was amazing and got so many comments!

OK- I can't resist... Many may not believe me but my great grandmother was credited with introducing funnel cakes to the US. It was a German treat that was made for farm hands as an afternoon treat in the heat of summer. It was first introduced at the Kutztown Folk Festival in the 50's. When we came of age, my sister's and I had to put on our PA Dutch clothes and sell the cakes over July 4th week at the festival. In the 70's we sold them for .50 cents. Everytime we pass a funnel cake kiosk I always think, "Dang, why didn't grandmom Miller think to patent her recipe!" (Not that my family was neccessicarily the one in line to inherit.) Back then, we only put powdered sugar on the cakes. I love how they have evolved with Was it more of a fried dough or actual funnel cake? Do you remember what she used as a pan or did she use a real funnel? It may sound crazy but that skinny, narrow batter is what makes it crispy as opposed to a regular fried dough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter