Fun/weird things to do on days off

MKandy

WDW Cast Member
I've heard of trying to ride every monorail in one day. I've heard of riding one ride over and over, all day. I'm interested in doing weird things like that on some of my days off. I plan on spending as much time in the parks as I can.

What are some other weird/fun things I could do, just to say that I've done them?

If it was a day when the park wasn't all that crowded you might be able to pull off going on every ride. Again... that is a stretch and it would probably have to be a pretty slow day but it would be neat to say that you had been on every ride in one day.

If it was a day when the park wasn't all that crowded you might be able to pull off going on every ride. Again... that is a stretch and it would probably have to be a pretty slow day but it would be neat to say that you had been on every ride in one day.

Yeah, that would be fun. Can you think of other things to do? Thanks for your help.

This sounds fun. My sister and her husband did this. Go to every single ride in a park and take a photo of one cast member from each ride. They also did all the cast members at the carts, counter service places & restaurants. This took ALL day. They did this on a very crowded day when they didnt want to wait in the long lines for the rides. Its harder than it sounds. They said they got the weirdest reactions from all the cast members. Some posed, some seem bothered by them. I saw the pictures and they are funny.

This sounds fun. My sister and her husband did this. Go to every single ride in a park and take a photo of one cast member from each ride. They also did all the cast members at the carts, counter service places & restaurants. This took ALL day. They did this on a very crowded day when they didnt want to wait in the long lines for the rides. Its harder than it sounds. They said they got the weirdest reactions from all the cast members. Some posed, some seem bothered by them. I saw the pictures and they are funny.

That sounds interesting... I think I would like to do that. It does sound hard though and I would like to see the different CM reactions.

Can you think of anything else that might be similar?

You could try to look for as many Hidden Mickeys as you can. Or get as many character's autographs/pictures as possible in a day. Or go to every country in EPCOT and get a picture of something famous in that country. Or visit as many resorts as you can and get pictures showing that you visited them.

I'm sure these have all been tried before, but they would be pretty fun!

Try to see Fantasmic, Illuminations, and Wishes all on the same night. (It IS possible, if schedules cooperate ... I've succeeded twice, when all were spread an hour apart ... 7, 8, 9 one night, or 8, 9, 10 the other)

Try to see Fantasmic, Illuminations, and Wishes all on the same night. (It IS possible, if schedules cooperate ... I've succeeded twice, when all were spread an hour apart ... 7, 8, 9 one night, or 8, 9, 10 the other)

WOW! thats exactly what I was looking for. I never imagined that that would be possible. But I will have to try it. That is something that you can/should brag about because it is def. a great accomplishment.

Thanks to all who replied so far...keep the ideas coming..i'm loving them.

This isnt something you can really brag about but i think it would be fun and would really make you appreciate working at disney. You should ask every CM you get a chance to talk to what their most magical moment was working at WDW. I bet you'll get some tearjerkers!

I love meeting all the characters. It is a lot of fun.

YOu could try to document and collect all the pressed penny machines. That would take a long time, I think!

i worked there from may 28 to august 15th (roughly) and a friend and i made a point to ride every ride and see every show together. we both had different schedules and never called out, but we managed to do most of it, missing only dumbo and playhouse disney, it was fun to have maps and cross things out as we went.

:goodvibes

Thank you all...these are some good ones...I hope you all know i'm making a list of these things so that I can do them when I get down there.

Please keep the ideas coming!!!

This may sound odd, but i knew a girl who took a picture of all the different types of trashcans in each park/land/hotel.... it was kinda cool actually to see how many different kinds there are.... she also did benches too.... it's amazing how Disney pays attention to that stuff too... just an idea :confused3 :)

This may sound odd, but i knew a girl who took a picture of all the different types of trashcans in each park/land/hotel.... it was kinda cool actually to see how many different kinds there are.... she also did benches too.... it's amazing how Disney pays attention to that stuff too... just an idea :confused3 :)

Excellent idea. Thank you. That would be a neat photo collection of all the trashcans or benches...or even lightposts!!

Thanks again to all who have responded...keep the ideas coming!!

Excellent idea. Thank you. That would be a neat photo collection of all the trashcans or benches...or even lightposts!!

Thanks again to all who have responded...keep the ideas coming!!

Doors can be fun too... especially all the different Cast Member Only ones.

Doors can be fun too... especially all the different Cast Member Only ones.

Good thought. I'm also thinking of different CM costumes. Try to get a picture of all of them. Might be hard to get a CM to pose.

Try getting a fast pass from every ride to make a collection.

If you REALLY want to make it tricky, try getting one from every ride in the same day!

That would probably take some strategic planning to figure out which ones go quick so you could get them early. If you started at the very beginning of the day you might be able to get 15 of them or so in one day depending on how long the park was open for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter