Fun Restaurants

DCPrincess

Mouseketeer
My boyfriend tolerates Disney, but two of his favorite restaurants are the Hoop dee doo and the Biergarten. We live in Washington D.C. and eat out often at a lot of great restaurants, so not that worried about the nicest restaurants - what do you find to be the most fun restaurants at Disney World? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Sci-Fi, '50s Prime Time, ESPN Grill, 1900 Park Fare (if the Tremaines are there!), Teppan Edo, 'Ohana, Whispering Canyon.

Not all places I would consider the best food but some of the most "fun" or interactive.

50's Prime Time Cafe!! The cast members there really get into their parts. If you don't know the aesthetic, they're your 'cousins' and they'll scold you about things like having your elbows on the table, being on your phone, etc. It's not for everyone, but I always find that it's a blast going there. Plus, the food is really yummy. Lots of homey, comfort food.

If he's into sports ESPN, we enjoy Sci-Fi for lunch - great atmosphere with the old movie clips. There are a lot of restaurants we enjoy but I don't know if "fun" would be descriptive. We enjoy Via Napoli, Les Chefs, Jiko and Boma (you can tour AKL and see all the animals). Perhaps he would find Marrakesh in Morocco to be "fun" with the belly dancer ;)

If you are not already staying at AKL (looks like you'll be at the Poly? Fun!) I would recommend Sanaa for lunch. It doesn't have the antics of Hoop-de-Doo or music like Biergarten, but there's just something about enjoying that scrumptious bread service while a giraffe saunters ever closer to your window...

If everyone on the trip is adults, get appetizers and cocktails at Trader Sam's (this is CORNY FUN! Right up my alley) and Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar at Disney Springs. There's no real schtick at Jock Lindsey's like there is at Trader Sam's, but it's cool to check out and we thought it was fun.

Thank you all so much - and please keep the ideas coming, it's also interesting to see what gets recommended multiple times. We are planning to stay at the Polynesian so will definitely check out Trader Sam's. That looks fun! We've done Sci Fi, Ohana, Via Napoli and Sanaa (enjoyed the atmosphere at the first two and the food at the latter two) - but appreciate the other suggestions as I look to make dinner reservations.

Hoop dee doo is the most fun ;) we also love Ohana, Trails End, Trattoria Al Forno, Whispering Canyon Cafe, BOG, to name a few :)

The most fun places are typically whispering canyon, sci fi, and primetime...if you can tolerate the Schtick...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter