Fun and free

my kids had fun at downtown disney. legoland has a climbing structure plus fun lego structures to see, there are all the disney life sized figures to pose with, the boardwalk to walk/run around, good for a few hours of free fun.

There are TONS of fun and free things to do at Innoventions in Epcot - it's one of the most overlooked areas in the park. Also, Club Cool (also in Epcot) is great for cooling off and trying free soda from around the world.

there was a post about this ... just can't recall when and where. there were lots of things on the list. couple things i recall was that Nestle had a cookie making place , i think the kids make them and of couse, everyone samples them :-) not sure which park, i am thinking EPCOT maybe , but am not sure. the other thing, wasn't free but was low cost , might be fun depending on what time of year you go . making smores at wilderness lodge ? seems like it was 3 - 5 ? to buy supplies. i'm sure you could probably bring your own too ? seemed like fun to hear the campfire stories / eat smores. :-)

riding monorail was free too.

Sadly, the cookie-making thing is no more. My grandkids loved it!

At Fort Wilderness, you can go for a sing-a-long and make s'mores over the campfire (you have to pay for the s'mores ingredients, or bring your own). Chip and Dale will visit, and then you can watch a Disney movie under the stars. Very fun!

At Animal Kingdom Lodge, there are a number of activities that are free. One is an art tour, where your guide shows you the collection of art in the lobby and nearby rooms and explains their origin. Another is the culinary tour where you visit Boma and Jiko, get free samples of the food, and learn about the foods on the menu. They also have crafts and activities for kids, African story-telling, and viewing of the animals at night with a night-vision scope.

There is free live music in the evenings at Port Orleans, Grand Floridian and the Dolphin (and probably more, those are the ones I've heard!).

The Electric Light Parade goes past the resorts along the Seven Seas every night - just go stand on the beach or dock and watch for free.

All the countries in Epcot's World Showcase have Kidcot areas where kids can do crafts. There are also Kidcot stops in Animal Kingdom - including a large one near Rafiki's Planet Watch - where kids can take part in various activities.

There are more, but I need to go to bed!

Teresa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter