Full size cribs

tara98

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if any of the resorts offer a full size crib-even if you have to request one? We used the pack and play for our 18 month old last time we were at BLT, but by the time the next trip comes (Oct 10), she will be way too big for the pack and play, but not yet big enough for a bed.. I know I can rent a crib but would really rather not spend the extra $100 for the week!

I called Member services to inquire about this, but they said there were no other cribs available anywhere, but I can swear that I read somewhere on these boards that a few of the older resorts had them... :confused3

Thanks

I haven't heard that full size cribs were available.....what about use side rails on a bed for her...maybe they have those available

We were just at AKV Kidani Village 12/2-12/9. We used the pack-n-play for our 21-month-old daughter, but on our last day there, we saw a full-size crib sitting out in the hallway, as if it was being delivered to a room, or house-keeping was removing it after someone had checked out. I have no idea if it was actually provided by the resort, or if someone rented it, but I would think it might be worth a direct call to the resort. Good luck!

We might have just been lucky, but we were able to get a full size crib and a set of bedrails on our recent trip to BLT. The full size crib was not available until our second day as BLT was at capacity, so I am not sure they could guarantee its availablity, but we were able to request it with MS when making our reservation. Hope this helps.

We saw a full size crib at BWV last year so they are available there.

:) Bill

I don't know the answer to your question, but my DD slept in the pack'n'play when she was 6 years old!:rotfl2: She saw it in the closet and wanted to sleep in it. :confused3 Guess she preferred that to sharing the sofa with her siblings! ;)

Good luck with the crib!:thumbsup2

Just one more option to consider....we ordered a kids aerobed just before our last trip and had it shipped to the resort for my son. We'll be taking two with us on the next trip - one for each of the kids ages 1 & 3. We found them for about $50 each, shipping and all IIRC. I think we'll be able to pack both of them in one suitcase, so we'll have to pay $15 each way to get them there and back, but it's well worth it. We've used them on several trips now and the kids do really well on them.

I find this interesting. I booked a Grand Villa at AKV Jambo a few months ago and I was expressing my concern to the CM that I would need bedrails for the pullout for my daughter(2 1/2 at time of travel). I had asked him if the bedrails would work on the pullout and he said he didn't know, but he would put a request in for a full size crib for us if that would work. I said that would be great since our son(1yr at time of travel) will need to sleep in the pack n play and I would prefer her in the crib so she could sleep in our room. Now I'm really hoping they have full size cribs. I would really like to keep both children in our room and not have her on the pullout in the middle of a big grand villa. I think I might have to bring an aerobed just in case.

Yes, see I don't know why MS's just doesn't come out and say yes, we do, but quantities are limited.....why the mixed messages?:confused3

When we stayed at AKV Jambo, we requested 2 cribs and was only able to get one travel size crib. It used the same sheets as the pack n play and we were able to wheel it between rooms so it was definitely not full size.

At BLT, we requested two cribs and received two full size cribs. Of course, we had expected the travel size like AKV, and we could not find a place to put both cribs in a way that the twins would actually sleep. We sent them back to Mousekeeping and used the pack n plays.

So, in our experience, it's always good to just insist that the request for a crib be put on the reservation even if the CM says the resort doesn't have them. Each time we were told that there were pack n plays in the room not cribs.

We put the request on the reservation, requested again at check-in, and then called Mousekeeping once in the room.

Anytime I inquired as to crib availability I was told they have them but they're first come, first served. Our dd will not sleep in a Pack N Play... I figured with my luck we'd get there and they have run out of cribs! :rolleyes: So we've always rented a crib.

2 years ago (the GD is 2 1/2 now) we have no problem getting a full size crib at both OKW and BCV. We were told that you CAN NOT request it and can only call after you checkin. If there is one available when you check in, I'm sure you can get it. We had a small white metal one at OKW and a huge metal hospital style one at BCV. But that was August 2008.

I just spoke to MS about this yesterday. I was told that there are full size cribs at BLT, and we added our request to our reservation. Our youngest is almost 3 but a peanut, and claims to want a crib instead of sharing the big girl bed with her big sister! Kids....anywho, they are available, limited quantity so even if you are unsure on wanting it, I'd add it on to your requests!

We have been told that the non DVC resorts have full size cribs and that the co-located resorts, BC, BWI, WL, and Contemporary allow DVC Guests use the cribs if they are available.

:) Bill

We're staying at the BLT in April and when I booked the reservation I requested a full size crib (for a 17 mo old).....fingers crossed it comes thru!

when I booked our trip for Sept, MS told us full sized cribs were still available but when we got to the resorts (one night at BLT and 7 at SSR) we were told they were no longer available. I pushed back a bit and mentioned the MS comment and was told they (MS) weren't aware that the pack & plays were replacing the full sized cribs.

I'm guessing there are still some out there, as shown by other posts, but I'm not going to bank on it for future trips. For what it's worth, the pack & play they provided was actually a pretty sturdy one and my daughter slept great the entire trip.

We will be at AKV this summer with a 2 1/2 year old (my DN) and my sister asked me if the pack and plays were full size. I didn't even know there were different size pack and plays.:confused3

When we stayed at SSR in Oct 2008, we had a crib brought to our room because DD was not comfortable in the pack 'n play. It was a white metal crib on wheels. I wouldn't consider it a full-size crib though. It was just like this one which is 39" long. Full size cribs are usually 50+" long:

http://www.cribs.com/cribs/portable...se&gbid=Compact_Folding_Metal_Crib&TID=AMN004

It came with a 3" thick mattress and sheet. We wove the extra flat sheet for the pull-out sofa through the rails so that DD wouldn't hit her head.

We knew it wouldn't be long enough for DD on this last trip in Nov 2009, so we ordered a full size crib from ABBF. It worked out really well, though the bedding did smell a bit like cleaning products. We just aired it out by hanging and weighing it down on the chairs on our balcony.

Ok...so when I requested a crib a couple months ago the CM said "yes, we do have metal cribs available". So he put it into my comments....

Yesterday, I called to inquire about a high chair for the room (I was told previously that I would have to request one). The CM said that all the rooms have high chairs already in their rooms, so there's no need to request one.

THEN, while I was still on the phone I decided to reconfirm that there is still a "request" for a crib in my comments.... she advised that "there are no metal cribs, only the PNP's". UGH!! So she put me on hold and called the BLT/CR and they told her there are no regular cribs anymore!!:confused: The CM said she would keep the request in comments anyway...just in case!! :scared1:

Well, it'd be a real BUMMER if we arrive and find out there are no cribs available. I explained the uncertainty to my guests (they're the ones who want the crib - and don't want to use the PNP), and they've decided to not take a chance and are going to rent one from "ABBF". :thumbsup2

I just wish Disney would make up their minds.....do they have them or not???? So frustrating!!
:drinking1

Yes! I wish they would just give EVERYONE the same CLEAR AND PRESICE answer so I could decide if I should just rent one or not. I am leaning on renting now, but still hate to spend the extra $ if they can provide for free!:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter