Fuel Surcharge for Feb. sailing?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Mulan2, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Mulan2

Mulan2 Mouseketeer

Hi
    Does anyone know if the fuel surcharges have been lifted for the February sailings? We are booked on the Feb. 5th Wonder and when I called the Costco TA tonight, they said that Disney still haven't told them anything!
    It is just about 2 weeks away and I would like to know if anyone else sailing aroung this time got their surcharge back as OBC? :bitelip:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. hawky7

hawky7 "Here you leave today and enter the world of yeste

Hi there

We are sailing on Jan 29-Feb 1 and are rcving one, so I'd assume you guys would be too. Maybe you could call DCL? I'm not sure though if you booked through a TA. But really, if we're sailiing 4 days before, you've got to be getting one.

4. Trena

Trena DIS Veteran

I'll be on the Feb 5th cruise with you. My travel agent let me know that we did get the fuel charge removed. She took care of the details for me.

5. Mulan2

Mulan2 Mouseketeer

Hmm... that's great that you guys got the fuel surchage removed.
    Wonder why my TA hasn't gotten an answer by now. I may have to call DCL myself and inquire.
    Have a fun cruise! We are so looking forward to it!

6. winotracy

winotracy <font color=orange>This is NOT an ask Tracy questi

All cruises for January to March 2009 will not have a fuel surcharge and will instead receive an onboard credit if one was previously paid. You don't need to call, it will just show up as a credit on your onboard account.

7. Mulan2

Mulan2 Mouseketeer

I called the Costco TA again and finally got an answer that the surcharge will be back as OBC. If I had booked directly thru DCL, I wouldn't have called but using a TA sometimes require that you stay on their back to get what you deserve. I just don't understand why it took them so long to find out.

8. hawky7

hawky7 "Here you leave today and enter the world of yeste

Yeah very strange for how long it took them. But hooray for an OBC!! More money for shopping, or drinking, or spa...whatever works cause its like free money!