From the Sea to the World - Holiday Edition - Completed

DSC06569.jpg

So that's where Anandapur is! :confused:

I also went for a bit of a photo hunt at some point to document how truly awesome the restaurant is inside:

Thanks. I've never eaten inside there, just from the takeout window.

Not gonna comment further because I am so angry and disgusted about the recent actions of an American dentist!

I agree. What an Idiot.

Nice!

I am actually in the midst of putting the itineraries together for my trip and we are waffling between Yak and Yeti or Flame Tree.

Not a table service place, but I looooved the new Harambe Market they opened early this summer. ::yes::

I had a hard time deciding as I was very tempted to get ribs, but in the end I saw a burger on the menu that I thought that I had to try in honour of @Captain_Oblivious: The Juicy Lucy: Beef and applewood bacon patty stuffed with provolone cheese, topped with crispy pickled jalapeños and chipotle mayo on a brioche bun!
Maybe someone already commented on this, I didn't read all of the banter, but there was a "Man vs Food" episode with two restaurants in Minneapolis claiming to be the originator of the Juicy Lucy. Regardless of who invented it, it sounds good.

I promise to post links to both reports here on this thread once they are started and would love to see you all following along the new reports as well!

Until then – I hope you all have a wonderful last month of summer!

Thanks for the report Magdalene and Michael. Looking forward to reading about your future adventures.

Not a table service place, but I looooved the new Harambe Market they opened early this summer. ::yes::

:trots off to look at allears menu:

Ok, looks like chicken skewers, BBQ ribs or a kabob... but tell me about the seating. Nice? As in Flame Tree area nice?

:trots off to look at allears menu:

Ok, looks like chicken skewers, BBQ ribs or a kabob... but tell me about the seating. Nice? As in Flame Tree area nice?

At the risk of preempting my own (not-yet-started) trip report, here are a couple of pictures. This first one is when we're entering the market area. Tables, chairs, umbrellas...

IMG_8916_zpszmsxjkro.jpg

We weren't fortunate enough to score a big table, and had to settle for a couple of smaller ones but it wasn't too bad. (Despite the look Judy is giving me.)

IMG_8925_zpsswempopl.jpg

We loved the food. I highly recommend it.

It looks really yummy! And I agree the setting is quite nice. Almost courtyard-ish. I will put this on the list of very likelies. One day, I think we'll bus over to Sanaa, but there almost more than certainly be a meal in the park, and I'll add this one to FT and Y&Y.

I agree. I am always skeptical of new or potentially spicy food but this was good and I would go back.

Hello everyone! My sister is still on vacation (there seems to by no envy-smiley on the disboards - interesting!!!)
And I have to admit that I spent my vacation with sleeping in, trying all new coffee places and reading five books instead of writing the trip report of our Norway cruise. But reading it in autumn or winter will make it easier anyway for you to identify with our adventures. At least for the Norway part…

Hello everyone! My sister is still on vacation (there seems to by no envy-smiley on the disboards - interesting!!!)
And I have to admit that I spent my vacation with sleeping in, trying all new coffee places and reading five books instead of writing the trip report of our Norway cruise. But reading it in autumn or winter will make it easier anyway for you to identify with our adventures. At least for the Norway part…
Will be waiting and watching........... :surfweb:

Hello everyone!

I am back from vacation! Well, I have been back for over a week now, but getting back into daily life and getting over jet lag did take some time. I will be back with replies shortly!

Michael and I had an amazing trip to California and I can't wait to tell you all about it. I guess going on vacation has rekindled my enthusiasm for writing a TR! :goodvibes I hope to get it started soon and will certainly post a link to it here. In the meantime I have a little sneak peak for you with some of the highlights of the trip:

DSC08755.jpg

DSC08776.jpg

IMG_1605.jpg

DSC08629.jpg

DSC09040.jpg

DSC09343.jpg

DSC09683.jpg

DSC09837.jpg

DSC00020.jpg

DSC00203.jpg

DSC00428.jpg

DSC00555.jpg

If you are good at reading the clues, there will be more Disney in the trip report than just Disneyland!

I am the other way round. I normally hate sweet potato, but quite like the sweet potato fries.

I finally found sweet potato fries on this trip that I LOVED!! So, now I know that I like good ones, but that there are bad ones out there as well.

Unfortunately the same is true in the UK. We only have the lime version this year and that I can take or leave.

I found a halfway decent substitute. Quite different, but very yummy as well: Mango Black Tea Lemonade. Delicious!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I have really enjoyed reading along.

You are welcome! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed it! :goodvibes

I wouldn't say that! I have seen them all now, and there are a lot of other's that are really good. I guess the only one I wasn't really impressed with, the Monkey King in China, but I have to give that one another chance since I only saw the end of it. Mexico, Italy and England were very enjoyable IMO. :goodvibes

Great! So there is more to explore! I really would love to do the USA story tellers as well. I have no idea what Kwanza is really!

I'm guessing you also got a head start on the process.......... :scratchin

No, I am very much a last minute packer. At least for going home. Need to put everything into my suit case at once. Unless you mean that I started earlier that morning! :rotfl2: Yes, you are probably right assuming that I was up earlier than Michael!

I could certainly get into a Juicy Lucy myself. And sweet potato fries are yummy! :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

I love the holidays at WDW. Always makes the season feel that much more festive! All of the decorations, the trees, the Storytellers, and the Osborne Lights.............. not much better than that! :woohoo:

I agree! Made me even consider to spend the real holidays there as it has such a lovely festive atmosphere. But then I don't think that I would enjoy sharing that atmosphere with so many people...

I can't even imagine this! For at least 10 years Fran and I spend almost all our hours of the day together. It's probably unhealthy, but I worry when we are apart. To live an ocean away seems unbearable. I'm glad you two can make it work.

I guess it is a question of what you are used to. And I think I am a person that finds enjoyment in being on my own. So, while none of us wants this relationship to stay a long-distance one indefinitely, we can make it work the way it is now. But I have to admit that I am very much looking forward to seeing Michael again!

This sounds really good!

This sounds even better, without the jalapeños and chipotle part of the mayo!

That looks really yummy!

All the food at HoB was really delicious. I guess it needs to go on the list of eateries for the next trip... (Along with possibly a whole bunch of new places...)

It pretty much looks like all the other HoB that I have visited. I'm really sad that the one on Sunset closed for a high rise apartment building. Not that I went there much, but we got to play a few charity gigs there and it was kind of cool to say, "I played at the House of Blues on the Sunset Strip."

That does sound cool!! And now the Downtown Disney one in Anaheim is leaving as well... Well, it is only moving a few blocks...

That was very nice of your parents, and I'm glad the flight was uneventful.

I was a bit sad that they did not come this time as it would have been so nice to see a friendly face at the airport. But they got back from vacation just an hour before me and I understood that they did not feel like venturing out immediately again. Especially since that day had once again record heat with a high of 94°F!

I'm shocked every year at how commercial Christmas in the US is. I'm not even a religious person, but still I feel bad at how it has become a shopping event and not about what it was originally based upon.

The thing is also that all that shopping excess does not bring out the best in people at all. So much opportunities for bad feelings all around that it just does not fit for a time that is supposed to be festive and happy.

I hope that I also enjoy it as much on December!

I hope so, too! Especially since you are staying there on my recommendation!!! :scared1:

I'm looking forward to this! And especially taking part in some even if it is the less reported part of the trip!

I am pretty sure that at least one event that you took part in will be reported in a LOT of detail!! ;)

Welcome back. The photos look very tempting. I am looking forward to the trip report. This will keep me going when I am back from my own trip to California.

found a halfway decent substitute. Quite different, but very yummy as well: Mango Black Tea Lemonade. Delicious!

That sounds delicious.

Corinna

What an unbelievable trip. I really enjoyed reading this report and I'm completely jealous!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter