From the Sea to the World - Completed!

Funny you should be "on". I just checked in with Millie, and was on my way to you. See you over there in a bit. I have a LOT of catching up to do!!:surfweb:

But it's my birthday, and I plan to lounge around here a lot of the day! :)

You did a LOT of updating while I was in California! So now that you are gone, I'll catch up. LOL!

This day started out badly: with packing! That was not enjoyable at all! We finally managed to get everything out of our villa and into the car, including a number of leftovers like fruit and soda which luckily Michael could take with him. And the we headed to Downtown Disney for a last meal. I think I had originally wanted to eat at Wolfgang Puck, but when we came across Portobello we looked at the menu and thought the prices were quite reasonable for Disney. Michael had eaten there in the past and liked it and somehow Italian food seemed to be just the right thing for the day!

It is such a lovely location and always looks so empty. I am so glad you enjoyed your meal so much!

And then the saddest part of the trip came. Michael drove me to the airport, we said goodbye and I boarded a plane.

BOO for heading home, and 3 legs to get there.

For the trip itself every thing is pretty much organised. The nice thing at Disneyland is that you don't need lots of ADRs. We did make one for Napa Rose however. Blue Bayou would be another one, but we are not planning on eating there as the menu does not appeal to me that much and I think it is rather pricey for what it is. Also, from my research it looks like DL has plenty of interesting counter service places and there are a few restaurants at Downtown Disney there that have me intrigued. I think I really want to eat at the Uva Bar one day...

I LOVED the Uva Bar. Blue Bayou is fun to do once. It is pricey for what it is. And the portions are HUGE.

Your cruise and Fort Lauderdale plans sound lovely!

I loved your winter updates from Germany and Paris! Oh they made me want to be in both places, now! Or over the holidays. Or at any time.

How fabulous about the cash only tickets for the Pixar exhibit! I don't know that I will ever make it to DLP but I love reading TR's from there and the decorations are just lovely. What a magical time to be there.

I hope you are having an amazing trip!

Big sister is always watching.... someone noticed ON VACATION I haven't yet commented on her TR, as she will be back in three days, I should get going

I like the Sisters one!
Sisters starting the summer sailing in scandinavia
The tent drowned, will the ship sink?

Day 18:
And then it was time to get ready for the evening activity of the day: Our free meal at Jiko.

Good to know the dish didn't look familiar because I read too many dining reviews. I would really love to go back to Jiko. I know, I wasn't so overwhelmed the last time, but now I'm ready to go back. The spoon bread looks really good. But why do the serve it instead of some African pap?

What other part to go to on the last day than to AK??????
Great pictures of all the animals!

I guess we spent some more time at the pool since it was nearly the last chance for this. And then we headed to the MK for an evening there. With a little detour at first though! We drove to the WL to park there and take the boat to the CR because I had not been on a boat yet!
Maybe there was a reason why....

Looking at that picture now of that drink, I now remember why I ordered it! :goodvibes I let Katharina fill you in on the reason why!
:thumbsup2

I also spent quite some time checking out the view from up there which was quite spectacular. You could even see Expedition Everest from there!

Great view!
But sorry for the not so pleasant experiences in the second half of the day...

:confused3 Because...it tasted good?

No

All of your pictures make me miss my Happy Place. So much.
Me too!

No, you will never guess (even though you might be the one person who could figure it out...)! I hope Katharina will find the time once she is back from her Easter vacation to the Czech Republic to post the solution to the riddle.
Magdalene chose the drink because it was made with Maker's Mark, and Mike and I visited the distillery when we were in Kentucky. And we like Bourbon. And Kentucky.

The day seemed very short, but one spends the whole morning packing.... Lunch looks nice, but not very tempting for mexcept for the garlic :) How was flying with Delta?

We started with celebrating Christmas and New Year here in Nuremberg in my new apartment. I really liked my Christmas tree:

DSC01840.jpg
I've been waiting 5 months for this picture....

And this is the cookie platter, I think I managed a respectable variety!

DSC01837.jpg
not without help....

Between Christmas and New Year we took a day trip to Rothenburg ob der Tauber. This is considered one of the most quintessential towns in Germany. Some of its buildings were used as inspiration for the Germany pavilion at Epcot. It is really rather pretty!

DSC01858.jpg
okay, so maybe there ist a reason, why all these tourists go there.
[/QUOTE]

LOVED the pics of Germany! :thumbsup2 One day my ancestral roots will call me home to Leipzig which is where the Gentsch and Von Hommel branches of my family tree hail from. More please?

Leipzig is definitely worth a visit. But as Magdalene already wrote, I am biased...

Directly after New Year we spent a few days in Paris, followed by DLP.

I'm glad you went on the Tour Montparnasse, I think it's an amazing view with the Eiffel Tower!

Waht did you think about the Golden Forest Club? The main thing for me is to stay at Sequoia Lodge, I'm not so sure, it would be worth the money for me.

Fabulous trip report!
I so greatly enjoyed your writing style that I took a detour to read all your previous dining reviews. It is so interesting to hear about American food from a non-American perspective. I remember being in Germany (I spent a week camping in Cottbus with scouts, and toured Dresden and Berlin for a few days) and being so surprised at the 'typical' foods: things we would never take camping! (And I still dream of the breakfast salami's, bread, and chocolate!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter