From Solotraveler to Marathon Man-- A Race Report

Kevin, Thank you so much for taking the time to put your experience into words. Honestly, it was a fantastic read! I think I will bookmark it so that whenever I start to lose sight of the goal, I'll read your report to remind what it is I'm doing!

And Congrats on the awesome time!!! :thumbsup2

Keven (Speedy)

That is an awsome race report. It brought back a flood of memories. I had forgotten about the B-52s Love Shack in WS. I now recall the "Marry me" man and all the runners saying "good luck" as we passed. I didn't have my glasses on so I missed the funny signs.

I agree that finishing that race has changed me for life.

Hmm, I'm starting to think maybe I don't hate running so much after all.

Do you happen to recall what the choir was singing when you passed? You passed them just a few minutes before me. I can't remember what they were singing for the life of me!

So you saw me? I wished we had a chance to meet. Dx and DS had a long morning of waiting so I didn't ask them to hang around to meet WISHers. Plus, like you said, I was in desparate need of a shower ASAP!

Next year we'll all get together for sure :thumbsup2

Sunny

plutosmyfav said:
Do you happen to recall what the choir was singing when you passed? You passed them just a few minutes before me. I can't remember what they were singing for the life of me!
Sunny
So funny - Teh first word I heard was "hallelujah." DI know there were otehr words, but can't remeber. DH doesn't remember them making any sound at all.

Oh, reliving this is amazing all over again!

I agree that if the focus is on "fun" then the training will be so much easier. As a single traveller myself, I have participated in the Disney half/full marathon several times. My focus is on "fun" and this keeps me going year after year! :cool1:

I am considering of signing up the Minnie race and, again, it will be another fun race for me.

budbeerlady said:
Good for you!!!! Are you doing the Grand Rapids in October? It was enjoyable to read your report and I hope someday I can write my own. I'm just going to try and walk the half to start with!

I don't think that I'll be doing the Grand Rapids this year. Training for next year's Goofy will be well underway at that point, so it would be tough to integrate into my training schedule.

Walking that half is a great accomplishment to start with! Best of luck to you!

Sunny- I have no idea at all what they were singing. They were finishing up some rousing version of something when I was passing them.... I wish I knew too. THAT was a really nice touch, I thought.

Kevin (Solotraveler) :earsboy:

Kevin, great race report! I read every word and loved every bit of it!

Hopefully, I will get my knees straightened out and be able to be a competitor instead of a cheerleader in 2007. Reading about all of your races you did not run made me feel better because I have wanted to sign up for the past 2 years but have not been able to do it since I knew I was far from ready. Thanks for giving me the confidence to keep trying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter