From Settlement to Acquiring Membership # for New Owners

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by nkosiek, Jun 3, 2013.

1. nkosiek

nkosiek Mouseketeer

We've got all kinds of threads about ROFR and other timelines, but I'm wondering what kinds of "waits" most people are enduring, who bought resale as first time members, and from the time they made settlement/closed until they received their membership number from Disney.

I'm currently waiting after having closed last Tuesday, but I know others are in much longer wait.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. dmunsil

dmunsil Disney Uber-Nerd

From 11 to 18 days are the reports I've been reading, and that's for folks who are calling in and wheedling their member numbers out of the CMs on the phone. Some will tell you they absolutely won't look up your number, and others will look it up if you ask nicely. I get the impression that the policy is not to look up the number, but some of them feel that helping guests is more important than policy.

Add 1-5 days to get the number and login info in the mail, depending on your distance from Orlando.

4. NoleFan

NoleFan DIS Veteran

67 days from offer to receipt of letter. 19 days from close to receipt of letter.

VGF went on sale during that time so possible delay due to that?

5. Minniesgal

Minniesgal DIS Veteran

We are existing members and closed on 16th of May. Our contract was added to our existing account the 1st of June (16 days) and points loaded the same day. So if your contract was created after 16 days I guess you would be waiting about 19-21 to get your letter then you would be able to call and get your one time access code.

It has been faster in the past but with increased demand and VGF things are slow at the moment.

6. Mommy2TwoMickeys

Mommy2TwoMickeys DIS Veteran

We closed on 5/21. I received an email yesterday with my "Online Activation Code" called Member Admin..Nice lady gave me my member # and guess what...A fedex package was delivered yesterday which I am assuming is my welcome letter with member #. Unfortunately, no one was home to sign for package so I will pick it up today! So from closing till welcome letter with member # was 13 days for us :cool1:

7. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

The entire resale process takes and average of 65 to 75 days from start to finish unless there are problems along the way.

Right now Disney is really busy processing the VGF sales so there could be an additional resale wait.

:earsboy: Bill

8. lovin'fl

lovin'fl DIS Veteran

We closed in March on our 4th contract. From closing to getting my letter in the mail was about 17 days...we were existing members and had our points loaded onto DVC member site a week before the letter arrived.

We are waiting on closing again...and this time the closing is taking FOREVER...we got through ROFR in 21 days (passed 5/14) and I thought our points would be hitting our account on DVC member site in a few more days (but we still have to close). It seems like it will always be 60 days (for existing members), even if one step runs quicker than expected...another step drags along. :rolleyes: