from orlando airport to superwalmart??

andychris14

DIS Veteran
We want to make a stop before checking into out hotel. We want to go to the superwalmart, I believe it is on john young or something parkway. Is this the cheapest stop for a couple of quick snacks and drinks?
Here are my questions:
1- How do I get there from the airport?
2- How do I get from the superwalmart to the vistana villages?
Thanks

I am planning a schedule and I have a couple of questions. We will be taking our rental car.

How long would you give yourself from the ak to epcot?
How long would you give yourself from the mk to epcot?
We have a couple of reservations on different days and I want to get the most of the parks before epcot but I do not want to be late.
Another quick ?
How is the parking lot at epcot later in the day? Probably about 12 and 2pm? Will they close the lot?

come on someone here must know!! (sorry I don't!)
I would also like to know about superwalmart-do they carry groceries/fruit ect as well? Is it easy to get to all star sports from it?
Grover in Winnipeg

If all you want is a convenient place to stop for a few groceries, etc. from the airport, take the south exit out of the airport to 417. 417 is a very nice road to travel to WDW. On 417 there is an exit called the Orange Blossom Trail that you can get off at and there is an Albertsons grocery right there that you can see from 417. Then when you're done you can pop right back on 417 and continue on to WDW. I'm sorry I don't know how to get to the Super WalMart but I know it would take more time to get to.

we went to the superwalmart last time and it was great.
You can get all your groceries(its a full supermarket) and even all your other stuff. It is a huge complex.
I will go on the website and try to figure it out, thanks

The link that I posted is the directions from the airport to the SuperWalmart, so hopefully, there should be no "figuring out" involved. ;)

For all that everyone says about Gooding's, I found that the prices there for groceries were no worse than the ones back home.

hmmm....the link didn't work as it should have. Here are the directions from that site from the airport to the SuperWalmart:

1 Start out going North on BRUTON BLVD towards W COLUMBIA ST by turning left. 0.02

2 Turn RIGHT onto W COLUMBIA ST. 0.59

3 Turn RIGHT onto FL-423 S/S JOHN YOUNG PKWY. 1.19

4 Take the I-4 W ramp towards TAMPA. 0.24

5 Merge onto I-4 W. 10.55

6 Take the SR-535 exit, exit number 27, towards KISSIMMEE/LAKE BUENA VISTA. 0.18

7 Keep LEFT at the fork in the ramp. 0.05

8 Turn LEFT onto S APOPKA VINELAND RD/FL-535 S. 0.04

9 S APOPKA VINELAND RD/FL-535 S becomes S APOPKA VINELAND RD. 3.54

10 Turn LEFT onto W IRLO BRONSON MEMORIAL HWY. 2.67

11 W IRLO BRONSON MEMORIAL HWY becomes W VINE ST. 0.27

Andychris-
Where are the Vistan Villages located?

We also always go to Superwalmart for everything from milk to chicken to tubes for the pool. It is Great & worth the trip if you are staying in a place w/kitchen facilities and you need to stock up. Unfortunately, everytime I go we are staying at a different location and I need to re-learn directions. I always have a sense of where I am and where I am going, I just could not tell anyone else how to get there. When I am w/DH I sort of do the -"It should be coming soon--TURN HERE!" Good Luck

Originally posted by Daisymeo
If all you want is a convenient place to stop for a few groceries, etc. from the airport, take the south exit out of the airport to 417. 417 is a very nice road to travel to WDW. On 417 there is an exit called the Orange Blossom Trail that you can get off at and there is an Albertsons grocery right there that you can see from 417. Then when you're done you can pop right back on 417 and continue on to WDW. I'm sorry I don't know how to get to the Super WalMart but I know it would take more time to get to.

We plan on stopping at the Albertsons as it is sooooo easy to take the 417 from MCO to WDW. Does anyone know if the Albertsons would carry small styrofoam coolers? And do they accept debit and/or Visa check cards?

The John Young Parkway Super Walmart is at the junction of Sand Lake Road and John Young Parkway.

There are obviously numerous routes from MCO some involving tolls, some faster depending on time of day, etc.

If you take the North exit you can take the Beeline West exiting for Sand Lake Rd and follow to Walmart on the left at John Young Parkway.

I normally avoid tolls so I would take the first left after crossing the Beeline (North Frontage which becomes McCoy). At the T junction go left and next right by the Citgo to stay on McCoy. Follow onto Sand Lake until Walmart.

Again from Walmart there are various routes. John Young south tends East down to the Beeline so it may be easier to just continue on Sand Lake to I4 South. Exit I4 at 535 and turn left - Vistana is on the right after you pass under I4

If you go "the other way" (opposite of how you get to Albertsons), there is a new Super Target on Orange Blossom Trail. We found that ST is much easier (less hectic) and similar to SWM. T

On our trip 3 weeks ago we had our driver stop at Goodings which was close and convenient. That was more important to us as it was already after 2 a.m. (flight delays, etc.) We did find the prices to be a bit high in my opinion, but convenience ruled at that time!

Just got back!

I took McCoy to Sand Lake Rd. to John Young PKwy. to Wal-Mart. Leaving Wal-Mart i took Sand Lake to 4 to the apprpriate WDW Exit. If it is convenient and there is traffic on I-4 you can take Sand Lake to Vineland -Apopka which takes you right to the Crossroads entrance of WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter