From GF to Boarwalk, Can you help?

Merandab4

DIS Veteran
Is it possible to get to the Boardwalk from the GF by taking the monarail to Epcot, and then taking a Ferry/boat (one that does not cost you to ride it), to the Boardwalk?

The reason I ask is that we will be having our wedding dinner at the GF, and some of us would like to go to the Boardwalk afterwards. Our Limo won't be running anymore (cause we would have used up all of our time). Is this the easies way to go besides calling a cab to pick everyone up?

Also, do buses run from the Boardwalk to take people back to their original resorts?

You could talk the monarail to Transportation and Ticket Center, or to Magic Kingdom, and take a bus from there to the Boardwalk. I don't think that there are buses that run from Epcot to the Boardwalk (you can get to the international gateway entrance by either walking or taking a boat), but I could be wrong on that.

There is no direct transportation to resorts from the Boardwalk. But, they could take the Downtown Disney Bus, and transfer to the bus for their hotel from there.

HTH

Meranda you personally won't be able to take the monorail to Epcot and then the boat as you would have to enter the park in order to get to International Gateway to pick up the Friendship boats that run to the Boardwalk as Disney won't allow you into the park in your wedding dress unless you are having a dessert party or reception there.

You can always get a cab at GF infact I've never had to wait whilst the valet calls one as there always seems to be one there. If you've got 4 in a cab then you're only looking at about $5 each.

Otherwise like hmgolden says - take the monorail to MK or TTC and then get the bus to the Boardwalk alternatively you can get a bus to Downtown Disney and change there for a bus to Boardwalk. Be warned the buses tend to also service Swan/Dolphin and Yacht and Beach Club and then finally the BW. I usually get out at the Swan and then walk to BW from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter