From 8 to 80!Seeing the Magic through a new set of eyes-Updated7/15-NEW TR LINK pg 28

Hi Katt! I saw some of your posts on FB and I'm dying to be there now!! I hope you are having an awesome time. See you in a few days! :)

Judging by the time stamps on our photos it looks like we took about an hour at lunch, a lovely break, and in my eyes, more than enough time to have Everest up and running from this morning. Of course, it wasn’t…..still as silent as a ghost town around that mountain, the yeti certainly wasn’t having it today! Saddened, we moved on, at least we knew we’d be back later in the week, but I wasn’t leaving Florida without going on that puppy!!

We stopped around the corner from the mountain for a few photopass pictures!

It was the same photographer who had taken my baby Simba magic shots earlier and he commented “stop looking so blue” *sigh* I guess this was a pretty hard Disneybound to get! Lol. He added the photos onto our card and we continued circling around the park. I had told Anne and Mom that I would be watching Festival of the Lion King twice on one of our AK days, and that I wanted to go back today, would they be down for it? Why not!?

Lets be serious, we were in the same seats practically! Lol, the elephant section is just my home! Would I EVER switch it up?? It was interesting to notice that the vocal cast, the tumble monkeys, and the girl bird dancer were all different this go around! And it was my favorite girl! Yay! This is one of those shows that I know they had more than one cast to get through a day, but I’m never sure how they switch them out, I’ve gone to the “every second show” shows and I know that’s not how they do it, and I think I’ve gone back to back, it just seems weird the way they switch things out. Judging by what I read on Instagram it looks like the “show performers/movers” (the dancers like the cheetah, zebra, elephant, etc) don’t do every show either, so I have no clue how that works!

Either way, the show was still absolutely amazing! I definitely have my favorites for most things, there are some tumble monkeys who are just more entertaining to watch, and the guy dancer today was so incredible! It’s always a little hard to tell with the Circle of Life singer, they’re all so amazing, but I have a favorite leader of the Elephants, and it’s the one from the earlier show today, he’s just so zazzy! Lol.

Now, since Anne hadn’t seen a bunch of Disney movies, and Lion King is actually one of them, Mom started talking about the subtle things in shows like this that you wouldn’t catch on to if you hadn’t seen the movie. I asked her to clarify, and she pointed out the moment where the singer that sings Be Prepared changes his head piece so that he’s got a black “mane” on for the song, representing Scar.

Ladies and gentlemen….this is something I had NEVER REALIZED BEFORE…..go figure… Like, mind blown, I’m clearly not paying attention to the same things Mom is during the show, I’m too in awe to even function when that show is in the same vicinity as me!

As the show lets out right into Camp Minnie Mickey, and Mom loves her some Baloo, it was pretty self explanatory where our next stop was!

I was getting Baloo to sign a post card for a friend back home who when I asked who is favorite was he said “Basil…from the Great Mouse Detective.” Uhm….good job bro, could you have picked ANYONE more obscure?! So this time around I asked him for a second favorite and he said Baloo!

There were hugs and dancing all around and it was super adorable to see Mom dancing around with Baloo like the child she is! Lol. King Louie also started to try to dig through my bag! I told him I didn’t have any snacks for him this time around, but I’d be sure to bring him some next time!!

Couldn’t tell ya where Anne was for these pictures….guess she was character-ed out for the day! I was tempted to stick around for Poca, but the line was looking too long and I couldn’t even tell if she was out. I knew the day before it was Ratcliff and Meeko instead, and I mainly wanted to see her when Alicia was hanging out with her, so I passed and we made our way towards the exit!

Hey team!! Just wanted to shoot out a little life update at the top here before going on to the exciting Disney life!! We are currently at MCO waiting to board for our flight back to the frigid cold that is Calgary!

We had an absolutely fantastic trip, full of wonderful dismeets, and amazing character greets and of course, so much fun!! We're finishing off completely exhausted, having a bunch of brand new and exciting experiences for us, along with some last viewings of some parades/shows, and of course, the ever growing stronger desire to not actually have to leave, as Florida is home!!

You may or may not have been following along on another social media site, so you might have some idea of the adventures we went on, but if not, don't worry, I will be sure to do some trip reporting!

That being said, I'm really not sure how many of those I will be pumping out in the near future. I obviously plan on finishing this one up, and I planned on tacking some of Oct's 3 day trip onto the end of it. Dec will have a trip report, but I didn't take a lot of notes, it's a lot of "experience" and not a lot of note taking for me anymore. I don't want to either: do a trip report that doesn't have the zest I usually put into it, or write one without enough detailing from our adventures.

I'm thinking that this means you guys will get TR's from the trips that are a week or longer, little ones down for auditions will be thrown into whatever TR is running at the time as a "life update". I really do hope that this is okay with you all, but I really don't want to start going downhill with the quality of my reports!! And as we all know, my reports go on FOREVER, so there's no worrying that there will be SOMETHING to read from me.

Hope you're all having a magical day and life is great!!

Judging by the time stamps on our photos it looks like we took about an hour at lunch, a lovely break, and in my eyes, more than enough time to have Everest up and running from this morning. Of course, it wasn’t…..still as silent as a ghost town around that mountain, the yeti certainly wasn’t having it today! Saddened, we moved on, at least we knew we’d be back later in the week, but I wasn’t leaving Florida without going on that puppy!!

We stopped around the corner from the mountain for a few photopass pictures!

It was the same photographer who had taken my baby Simba magic shots earlier and he commented “stop looking so blue” *sigh* I guess this was a pretty hard Disneybound to get! Lol. He added the photos onto our card and we continued circling around the park. I had told Anne and Mom that I would be watching Festival of the Lion King twice on one of our AK days, and that I wanted to go back today, would they be down for it? Why not!?

Lets be serious, we were in the same seats practically! Lol, the elephant section is just my home! Would I EVER switch it up?? It was interesting to notice that the vocal cast, the tumble monkeys, and the girl bird dancer were all different this go around! And it was my favorite girl! Yay! This is one of those shows that I know they had more than one cast to get through a day, but I’m never sure how they switch them out, I’ve gone to the “every second show” shows and I know that’s not how they do it, and I think I’ve gone back to back, it just seems weird the way they switch things out. Judging by what I read on Instagram it looks like the “show performers/movers” (the dancers like the cheetah, zebra, elephant, etc) don’t do every show either, so I have no clue how that works!

Either way, the show was still absolutely amazing! I definitely have my favorites for most things, there are some tumble monkeys who are just more entertaining to watch, and the guy dancer today was so incredible! It’s always a little hard to tell with the Circle of Life singer, they’re all so amazing, but I have a favorite leader of the Elephants, and it’s the one from the earlier show today, he’s just so zazzy! Lol.

Now, since Anne hadn’t seen a bunch of Disney movies, and Lion King is actually one of them, Mom started talking about the subtle things in shows like this that you wouldn’t catch on to if you hadn’t seen the movie. I asked her to clarify, and she pointed out the moment where the singer that sings Be Prepared changes his head piece so that he’s got a black “mane” on for the song, representing Scar.

Ladies and gentlemen….this is something I had NEVER REALIZED BEFORE…..go figure… Like, mind blown, I’m clearly not paying attention to the same things Mom is during the show, I’m too in awe to even function when that show is in the same vicinity as me!

As the show lets out right into Camp Minnie Mickey, and Mom loves her some Baloo, it was pretty self explanatory where our next stop was!

I was getting Baloo to sign a post card for a friend back home who when I asked who is favorite was he said “Basil…from the Great Mouse Detective.” Uhm….good job bro, could you have picked ANYONE more obscure?! So this time around I asked him for a second favorite and he said Baloo!

There were hugs and dancing all around and it was super adorable to see Mom dancing around with Baloo like the child she is! Lol. King Louie also started to try to dig through my bag! I told him I didn’t have any snacks for him this time around, but I’d be sure to bring him some next time!!

Couldn’t tell ya where Anne was for these pictures….guess she was character-ed out for the day! I was tempted to stick around for Poca, but the line was looking too long and I couldn’t even tell if she was out. I knew the day before it was Ratcliff and Meeko instead, and I mainly wanted to see her when Alicia was hanging out with her, so I passed and we made our way towards the exit!

We arrived back at Port Orleans around 3:30 with a mission on our mind, a snack mission of sorts, we had to get ourselves some Beignets!

We used a snack credit for the order of 3 which was perfect, one for each of us, it was also fantastic to watch them be made fresh right in front of us! Yay!

Cost:$2.99

We Paid: ZERO! Yay!

The beignets were good, they were a little hollower than the ones Anne had had in New Orleans, and I had had over in Disneyland, but they were still tasty. Beignets are tricky though, that powdered sugar can really cause a problem if you inhale it while trying to eat them! Baha. After our snack was eaten, Mom and Anne were taking their time having some coffee and relaxing, and I had places to be, so I said goodbye to them, gave them some ideas of what they could do that night, and that I might see them before I left for the evening. They wished me some “have fun”’s and I was on my way back to the room. First stop, a picture of all the pin trades I’d done!

My favorites from that batch being the Hitchiking Ghost and the Monorail ones, I’m pretty sure I ended up trading away a few of the ones I had traded for today, but I was doing pretty well for the “trade with every lanyard you see” rule I’d made for myself!

It took me a bit to get ready for the party, and of course, I got sidetracked by things like the disboards and tumblr, but hey, I had a LOT of hair to curl, and that really can strain the arm, especially as I have one of the irons without a clip, it takes two hands to hold it and then wrap the hair around it! As I was finally finishing up and had gotten all ready, Mom and Anne were making their way back from their break! They complemented on how cute I looked, and reminded me that I needed my bow, I had almost forgotten!

I made it down to the bus stop for 5:30, but not before a quick stop to safety pin a bit of my costume, just to make the “tie” a bit more flattering on my waist for the night. Oddly enough, I’ve had to safety pin every one of my MNSSHP costumes up to this point! Factoid! When I got to the bus stop, I was definitely the only one dressed up, and definitely felt a little awkward/out of place, but hey, that’s why I chose Wendy, it’s something not as outrageous, and she’s brunette, I am clearly not lol. I didn’t want to look too much like the character if I was flying solo, could get awkward!

Soon enough a family of Dalmatians, a little girl in a homemade Alice costume, and even a tiny little Queen of Hearts had joined me and we were all on our way to the Magic Kingdom! I scanned my ticket, received my wristband, and was RARING TO GO! But WHERE?! That was seriously my next question, I was starting to get hungry, but didn’t want to waste any time adventuring around the park to get food, and didn’t really want Casey’s, healthy food dang it! Eventually I just decided I’d eat later, and jumped right into the princess line at 6:30 and was second in the line. While we waited I made friends with a ltitle Rapunzel who was sitting behind me and we chatted away about Euguene, frying pans, Disney World, candy, you know, the usual! She was super cute!

The time had come, the party had officially started, and we were LET INTO THE PRINCESS ROOM!! Instantly fangirling and SO incredibly excited, and then the absolute biggest moment of fear…THERE WAS NO EUGENE! Like, I was freaking out and instantly thought of Lia’s disastrous experience the year before where Blonde and Eugene thought it was okay to skip out on the meet and greet. I was sad, but knew I’d be back later in the week, and that even maybe later tonight he’d pop up, but STILL, COMPLETE SHOCK, Rapunzel was there, WHERE WAS FLLLLYYYYNNN. Clearly, I was not the only person worried about this, and then, a door on the opposite side of the room flew open and in walked Flynn, seriously, heart attack bro, like, not cool, glad you could make it.

Disaster avoided, it was actually my turn to say hello to Snow White and her Prince, and got super excited when I noticed Snow looked familiar tonight! Paige and I had seen her friend while she’d been hanging out with Cindy back in Feb, and I follow a friend’s blog on tumblr, she’s actually an immensely amazing human being and I was super excited to see her again!!

Snow asked what my plans for the evening were, and I said I wasn’t sure, some Halloween stuff for sure, and she said I should try and find Peter, and definitely go on some adventures. She then commented to her Prince that they should get some pixie dust from Tinkerbell so that they could come adventuring in Neverland!

Cinderella and Charming came around next! She asked if I came to tell bedtime stories, and that Jaq and Gus Gus would really love that, and I should definitely come back at midnight for storytime!

Then it was time, time for Eugene and the Blondie, the one that I, okay, let’s be serious, everyone in the line up had been waiting for!

I walked up and Rapunzel asked if I had made the costume, I said that a good friend had, and she said that Pascal helps her make her clothes, “shall we take a picture”

Bam. Done. Bye. Thanks for coming./ Buh bye now. I was seriously disappointed. I get it, I’m alone, I’m *technically* an adult, but that doesn’t mean all I want is a picture and a shotty interaction, it actually quite disappointed me. Rapunzel and Flynn used to be SO amazing, even without Flynn, Rapunzel was still so great. I’ve started to think that maybe it’s because when a character first comes out, she only has so many helpers, so there’s less of them, and there’s less room for error, and then the years go by, and there’s so many there’s more chances to hit some not so great ones, and it just breaks my heart. A little miffed, I made my way out of the theater, and vowed that I would be back again later.

And since I don’t like ending updates on a bad note, let’s all take a look at the most perfect Rapunzel there ever was…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxt1dgils1c

Yeah…best ever… I think SO! I thought to myself how odd it is for me when Snow White is winning the “best interaction of the night” award, it’s not usual that that happens, although recently, I don’t know if it’s my love for OUAT, but I’m really digging Snow, then again, I don’t really like her character on Once, so who knows? It goes to show that the helper the royalty/fairy/character has that day really does help. I guess we’d had such amazing character luck so far on the trip, someone was bound to turn out not great, right? Was it looking up from here? We’ll find out!

I left off having just had a not so great character interaction, and was full on DERP ing myself for not having eaten before getting in the princess line. Next stop, and maybe even to help with the grumpyness, was a snack! I opted for a corn dog from a cart in Frontierland and paid OOP for it, and then made my way to some other characters that I hoped would result in a better meet and greet than the last. Obviously, these two were two I had to see as Wendy, and I was pretty excited that I got in to see them in around 10 minutes!

Terrance said he’d seen my flying around before, with that boy Tink flies with every so often! I replied that he probably had, and I was a little concerned with how Tink would react to me being back here lol. He said that since I had some pixie dust (sparkle hair spray is always a good idea!) we must be friends now so that was all good.

He also noted that he didn’t remember giving me the pixie dust so I must have gotten it from Dusty, right? I simply agreed lol, I don’t remember there actually being any “Dusty” in any of the movies, but the only one I’ve seen in detail is Secret of the Wings lol!

Tinkerbell of course, wasn’t so keen on saying hi to me that night….

She pretty much started off with “well okay fine…if we must…” I told her that “if it made it better” I was coming back on Tuesday as her, and actually went as Periwinkle the year before, that should help right? Tink said that she “guessed” that was okay, and we’d just pretend I was wearing Peri’s dress instead.

I was outta there around 7:50, and had to say, wasn’t greatly impressed with the character interactions so far that night, but hey, there were plenty of amazing Halloween festivities that were going on that I had to check out still! I had been messaging with Brian, the friend who’d came to CM’s with us, as he was supposed to come to the party with me, but ended up having to work! He was working over near Haunted Mansion so I jumped over there to chat for a bit, and then quickly said see ya later as I headed into Frontierland, it was getting near PARADE TIME!! I snagged a spot really just big enough for me and even got some pre-parade entertainment over there!

Guys….are you ready for this….

I know, I am a HORRIBLE lurker, lol!!:rotfl2: Usually I read late at night and then am too tired to comment, or I will think I commented and really didn't. But, yeah, I'm definitely here :goodvibes.

I got a bit behind over the Thanksgiving holiday but I'm all caught up now!

FOLK and Flame Tree all in one post? Loved it! Two of my favorites. I'm so sad that FOLK will be closed in February when I'm there next. :sad1: They better not change it too much.

It looks like you posted two of the same updates and skipped one back at the end of the AK time. I'm always afraid I'm going to do that since I write them in Word first like you do.

Your Alice costume is awesome! Looks like your Halloween Party was going well so far other than the not so good meet with Rapunzel and Flynn.

That last picture you posted is seriously creepy!

Oh, and please continue writing the TRs! I love reading them. I don't mind if you combine some of the smaller ones together but I do like reading them no matter how long or short the trip was.

I know, I am a HORRIBLE lurker, lol!!:rotfl2: Usually I read late at night and then am too tired to comment, or I will think I commented and really didn't. But, yeah, I'm definitely here :goodvibes.

Hahaha whatevs! Lurking is sometimes what i do! Ive gotten so far behind on reading it took me nearly an hour to get through 2 trs and comment last night! Lurking would be much quicker!

That stinks Rapunzel and Flynn were not the best : ( I hope the rest of the party turns out better!

I love your costume! Your hair turned out great as well!

Of course I have to start by saying how awesome it was to meet you last week making you my very first official Dismeet.

So cool that you keep learning new things about FOTLK.

I so wish they would move Poca back into that little obscure spot in Camp Minnie-Mickey where there never seemed to be a line. Now it's always huge.

Haha, Oh my gosh that was a serious flashback to Lia's Flynn experience when I read that. Too funny. Sad that the interactions weren't great though.

I got a bit behind over the Thanksgiving holiday but I'm all caught up now!

FOLK and Flame Tree all in one post? Loved it! Two of my favorites. I'm so sad that FOLK will be closed in February when I'm there next. :sad1: They better not change it too much.

It looks like you posted two of the same updates and skipped one back at the end of the AK time. I'm always afraid I'm going to do that since I write them in Word first like you do.

Your Alice costume is awesome! Looks like your Halloween Party was going well so far other than the not so good meet with Rapunzel and Flynn.

That last picture you posted is seriously creepy!

Oh, and please continue writing the TRs! I love reading them. I don't mind if you combine some of the smaller ones together but I do like reading them no matter how long or short the trip was.

Oh my gosh the fact that FOTLK is closing at all breaks my little heart, the only benefit is that EVERYONE is required to re audition so I hope that will be my ticket in!!

I definitely posted an update twice, Imma double check and make sure I didn't miss one, but I know that twice update goes into the next one!

Thanks!! It was going great, and haha, the dapper dans at MNSSHP are GREAT!

That stinks Rapunzel and Flynn were not the best : ( I hope the rest of the party turns out better!

I love your costume! Your hair turned out great as well!

Meh, it was one time, I'm not worried, the Flynn was kinda rough

Thank you!! I really enjoyed it being Wendy for a night ahha, and thank you!!

Of course I have to start by saying how awesome it was to meet you last week making you my very first official Dismeet.

So cool that you keep learning new things about FOTLK.

I so wish they would move Poca back into that little obscure spot in Camp Minnie-Mickey where there never seemed to be a line. Now it's always huge.

Haha, Oh my gosh that was a serious flashback to Lia's Flynn experience when I read that. Too funny. Sad that the interactions weren't great though.

Oh my gosh it was great!! I hope we can meet up again! It was so short, and Amanda and Steven were so obssesed with finding Spencer! Bahaha

I know right!? LOVE IT!

They really need to move her, or somethign, I dunno, put her in two places? I'm really hoping Anna and Elsa will be moved to more than one place too!!

Ahahaha, exactly!!! Meh, it was one greet, I wasn't feeling Flynn too much, but there are always better ones!

Step one of this update:
-Go to this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyq025yNAgE
-Click play
-Seriously, just do it…

Are you listening to it? For real? Okay…now let’s begin…. I had snagged a pretty sweet spot right up against the rope in Frontierland for the parade. After finalizing that I was staying here, I remembered how much I had hated how last years pictures from Frontierland had turned out, but oh well, I was here already, baha! A family squeezed in behind me right after the Horseman rode, and they had a smaller girl with them that I let squeeze in right beside me at the rope, never gonna turn that down, I’m tall, I can always see over their heads, plus, she reminded me a TON of me when I was that age which was super adorable! The music started, I was dancing in my seat and SUPER excited to see the GREATEST PARADE OF MY LIIIIFFFFEEE again, like seriously, if you EVER have the chance to go to a MNSSHP, you just seriously NEED to, it’s so amazing!

During the first section of the parade, one of the kids in the family on the other side of me yelled out “Alice!” and pointed to Alice in the parade to which her Dad then replied “Alice is right beside you….” Yeah…took a minute until I heard the wife mutter back “That’s Wendy…”

The Winnie the Pooh gang is so freaking adorable in their COSTUMES, like, I love that all the characters are dressed up for the parade, it adds so much! Christopher Robin saw me, ran straight up to me and was all “WENDY!” and nearly started to say something else then was all “You’re back there” and pointed to the rest of the parade. I definitely noticed that it seemed like Christopher had been hanging out with Peter Pan the other day…

PIRATES!! Guys seriously, this parade has everything!! The pirate section is amazing, they’re all just fantastic, and it is really impressive that they’re doing tricks with the flags during their choreo too, like, some of them might be trained in that kinda stuff before coming to Disney, but some of them aren’t, and the fact that they pick it up that quickly is just awesome! Also, poor kid beside me, when the pirate ship was going past, it let out a “burst” of smoke being a cannon going off and the girl got SO freaked out and ran back to stand with her Mom, it was so cute.

YOU BETTER BE PREPARED BECAUSE THE GREATEST SECTION OF THE PARADE IS COMING UP NEXT AND BRB BECAUSE I! AM! DYYYYIIIINNNNGGGGG!

THERE’S AN ENTIRE SECTION, two if you will, DEDICATED TO THE FREAKING HAUNTED MANSION!!!!! I have minimal pictures here because I was busy taking video, BUT STILL! I mean, you start off and there’s the graveyard watcher guy and HIS REAL DOG walking the parade route, followed by grave diggers who are all scary and dragging their shovels on the pavement creating SPARKS and then there’s the FREAKING BALLROOM DANCERS!!

YOU JUST DON’T UNDERSTAND MY LOVE FOR THEM!!

Like, ghosts, zombies, whatever you like to call them, waltzing, down the parade route, scaring you, and screaming, like, yes please. Let me do that…PLEASE!

The next section was CHANGED from the year before! It had originally been a group of cowboys, dancing with lasso’s, then the float with the Country Bears on it, then the girls dancing with Chip, Dale, Brer Fox and Brer Bear. Well, if you know last year’s stories, I was pretty excited for the sexy cowboys to make a reappearance.

They did, but this year, they were dancing with the girls, with the float having Clarabelle Cow instead, “directing” them in a “square dance” partnering bit, and then followed by all the rest of the characters dancing behind. I was a little taken a back at first as I hadn’t heard of this change, but hey, whatever, the cowboys choreo had been a little on the sexy side before, I wasn’t too surprised they changed it. It was still on the saucy side too, it was just directed at the other performers rather than the guests this year. Which is, probably way more appropriate for Disney.

Western section aside, we’ve got some VILLAINS coming in next!

Cruella was walking the parade route and came right up to me, stopping to say “Wendy!.....You got ooooollldd” and then walk off, Baha! Stay classy Cruella! Also, in the video I linked, you can hear some dude say “Look, it’s Lord Farquard” when he see’s Judge Frollo…close…but wrong company dude. I also noticed today that on the back of the float, the Tremaine sisters were in the cages that Pain and Panic were usually in! Changes due to the Villains thing over at DHS!

And of course then there was the Goofy’s candy finale bit, where the cast members give you CANDY, mainly if your bag is open and ready, but whatever, I wasn’t too concerned with getting candy. They also took out the Cm’s pushing the Candy Co carts and replaced them with giant “candy corn” also known as the microphones from old DHS parades….

And that was that! …..for now…. Lol.

Seriously, Boo To You is HANDS DOWN my absolute favorite parade, I will never see it enough times, and I will ALWAYS love it! The Halloween parties are worth it if you go in, see the parade, fireworks and villains show, nevermind if you do anything else. Like, it’s a steal of a deal if you think about it. I also give HUGE props to the parade performers, as they do the parade twice a night, and it’s doing the same minute and a half of choreo for 28 minutes! Eeek! The energy is so incredible, and everything is so awesome in Boo To You that I cannot rave about it enough, so I guess it’s good that I’ve got more pictures and time to tell more stories.

NOW, please go to THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k13k_XxFvHw

Link, as it is this current year’s parade, and it also includes the Headless Horseman and intro speech and all, AND WATCH THE AMAZINGNESS THAT IS BOO TO YOOOOUUUU!!

Happy Halloween!!

With the parade over I followed it and the crowds over towards the Tangled bathrooms, and then cut through Fantasyland to meet a character or two, I thought about trick or treating, but it didn’t really matter a whole lot to me to get candy I wouldn’t eat lol! I stopped in Wonderland for a brief moment before making on my way!

The castle hub was my next spot, another Halloween treat and favorite is the Villains Mix and Mingle! Hosted by Dr Facilier and a crew of awesome dancers!

And just when you think it’s all about his friends on the other side, all the villains come out to play!

I was saddened to see that Cruella wasn’t the same friend as previous years that I had loved so much, but later saw pictures of her over at DHS that night, so that made sense. I hoped she would pop up at later parties, but who knew for right now?

The show has a lot of neat choreographed moments in it, and the dancers are incredible, and the villains are fun, but I really wish there was a bit more too it. I wish there were more villains, or that they’d change them out every year, I’d love to see Gaston, Mother Gothel, maybe even Elsa next year, up there lol! More face villains, or better choreo for the villains, I dunno, it’s a great show and I love it, I just wish they did more with it. I had checked my watch, and decided that I would skip out on meeting a villain, and jumped down Main Street!

The princesses currently had a wait time of twenty five minutes, which at just after 9 on a party night, was insane…thank you Jack and Sally for taking the heat off them! And I certainly didn’t wait the posted time either, I WALKED RIGHT INTO THE ROOM!

GET OUT OF TOWN.

Middle of the party, and I’m walking straight into the princess room, AS IF! Seriously, the 13th was the BEST night to be at MNSSHP, as everyone else was over at DHS in the MADHOUSE that was the Villains Bash. In hopes of the meet and greets redeeming themselves, Snow was up first! She was good, commented on my pixie dust, it was a lot like diamond dust, and she should tell the dwarves that soap is pixie dust so they wash up for dinner? I dunno, didn’t really make sense to me, but I agreed. Her prince said it was so lovely to see me, and commented on our matching bows!

For Cinderella, since crowds were low, I decided to pull out a post card for her to sign this time around.

She said I had such a “lovely color of dress, and it looked so good with my hair too” Hey, us blondes know, blue looks great on us!

Rapunzel and Flynn, it was time to redeem yourselves…are ya up to the challenge? Let’s see. I walked up and again, had a post card for them to sign.

They asked about the friend it was for and I said that we love their movie and watch it all the time as it’s our favorite. Flynn asked if he knew all the names of the Snuggly Duckling crew, and I said no, but there WAS a night where he had spent a little time at a tavern and then sent me a video of him singing “When Will My Life Begin” (true story….)

Rapunzel got a little concerned and asked if he was better than her, which I said was definitely not true and Flynn laughed. Blondie stated that she was actually concerned, she wasn’t fishing for compliments or anything, but I assured her that her version was much better.

I said thank you and then moved on out of the room. Was it better than the first trip through for the Tangled couple? Yes, was it the best, no, I dunno, there was definitely still something lacking for them that night, I did notice the same guy was hanging out with Euguene both times, but whatevs, I was still having a great night, and it was about to get EVEN MORE MAGESTIC!

Step 1: Click this link and click play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zhly_V5RCc

I exited the princess hall and wandered down Main Street towards the hub, it was a little on the crowded side, but I expected it with it being Hallowishes time! The weather had started to take a turn around this point, and it started to spit a little bit, I was concerned that it would affect the show, but it never picked up to actually rain, so we were all good! The dark sky would just add to the effect as the villains and spooky masters took over the hub for the evening and the fireworks began!

Within seconds I was completely enthralled with the AMAZINGNESS that is Hallowishes! Like, yeah, Wishes is special and magical and tears on my heart strings, but Hallowishes is a completely different kind of show, and it BLOWS EVERYTHING ELSE OUT OF THE WATER!!!

I ended up taking WAY more pictures than I meant to, but hey, I was seriously in AWE, I was freaking out internally because I had forgotten just how INSANE these fireworks are. I’m so impressed with the effects, the length of the show, the amount of fireworks going off, EVERYTHING. The fact that we get so much Nightmare Before Christmas music, and the villains all get their time to SHINE, and then Mr Oogie Boogie is all “uhm no, this is not scary enough, let me KICK IT UP A NOTCH” and like, the entire sky explodes into an amazing frenzy of amazingness!!

Those are some of my favorite effects, they spin around and rotate like little fireworks fans! So awesome! They also have effects that go off right on the castle, a little flash of firework for when the doorbell rings, it’s so awesome!

LOOK HOW FAR AWAY FROM THE CASTLE THE FIREWORKS GO! LIKE THIS IS CRAZY!! DISNEY HOW DO YOU DO THIS ITS SO AMAZING FIREWORKS WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN! I’m particularly fond of this next shot:

Like, the castle looks PUNY next to that thing, I’m telling ya, these things are incredible. Then at the end, they encourage everyone to SCREAM and the firworks are LITERALLY GOING OFF AROUND THE ENTIRE FREAKING PARK, THEY COMPLETELY SURROUND THE HUB AND BRB I HAVE DIED OF HAPPINESS.

EVERYBODY SCREAM! EVERYBODY SCREAM! Happy, happy HALLOWEEEEEEENNNN!

Like, best day ever. I am dead. I have died. I kinda hung around out of the way for a bit, and noticed that EVERYONE was now headed to the exit, like, no joke folks, everyone was leaving. I was completely content with that, I would be totally okay if I was the only person watching the second parade! I did however, tweet to Susie, who I’d meet up with at Animal Kingdom earlier in the day, and ran up to the train station to meet up with her again!

We chatted for a little bit, her Mom was with her, and she was headed back to the hotel I believe at this point, so they said a quick good bye but not before we had her take a quick couple of pictures for us!

We’re cute. Lol. The Halloween party was the main topic of conversation obviously, and after a little bit of catching up we said our “see ya soon’s” and we set out on our own adventures!!

I probably say it every time, but alas I have to say it again. Boo to You is the best parade of all time anywhere. I think even if you don't like parades, you will like Boo to You. It's that good.

Wow, middle of the party and walked right into the princess room. Amazing.

Ahhh I love the spinny fireworks (official technical term) on the castle.

Man, I was all set to go back for Christmas next year and not do Halloween but after reading that, now I want to do both! I'm definitely getting an AP in February so maybe I can. Fingers crossed!

Glad that your Princess meets were a little better the second time around and bonus for no line!

I probably say it every time, but alas I have to say it again. Boo to You is the best parade of all time anywhere. I think even if you don't like parades, you will like Boo to You. It's that good.

Wow, middle of the party and walked right into the princess room. Amazing.

Ahhh I love the spinny fireworks (official technical term) on the castle.

Haha there will be lots of those comments this TR then!! Lol LOTS OF BOO TO YOU!! It's incredible, I will never be able to rave about it enough!

I know right, it was crazy, thank you Jack and Sally!

They're so awesome!

Man, I was all set to go back for Christmas next year and not do Halloween but after reading that, now I want to do both! I'm definitely getting an AP in February so maybe I can. Fingers crossed!

Glad that your Princess meets were a little better the second time around and bonus for no line!

Ahahhaha, you MUST DO HALLOWEEN ITS AMAZING!!! And we'll be back there again next September lol! It's an amazing experience and just so much fun! Hopefully we can plan a meet up for next year!

I know right?! Great timing!

Wow - really enjoyed the MNSSHP updates. That party is one of my favorite things EVER!

I have never been a huge fan of Wendy costumes, but yours turned out great! You look perfect in it! Even the bow is great! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter