From 8 to 80!Seeing the Magic through a new set of eyes-Updated7/15-NEW TR LINK pg 28

All caught up! Hope you are having a wonderful time at WDW right now!

Looks like you had a wonderful time so far. I really need to go in September sometime for those short lines. 15 minutes for Ariel?!?!? We never saw her line shorter than 50 minutes.

You spin a pretty good yarn, Katt, and as a Disney father who writes these himself it is always magical to find other quality reports.

I will be eagerly following along so keep up the good work!

-JB-

I know from Instagram that you're currently having fun in WDW. I'm so jealous!

Ugh, that sucks about your luggage ripping. I agree though. "Darn, I have to buy another Disney bag!"

Woof, I'm glad you guys didn't have another layover situation like the last time! I was thinking the same thing when you started writing it, but I'm so glad they made it.

I like your Minnie outfit. Very cute.

You also look totally cute Disbounding as Rapunzel. I'd obviously need a full on wig to pull that off. :rotfl:

Gah! I know, in November it will all be done and ready for us to ride!!!!!!!!! HP expansion and Mine Train. We should definitely do our Universal day together.

Haha, your Mom and Peter crowing in that video was priceless.

My Donald's in that area always seem to be less than stellar too. Goofy is always amazing, and Donald is all meh. I hate that!

Heehee!! It was an amazing trip, a little too short lol!

I was so close to having a panic attack, like group 3 was boarding by the time they showed up and I was NOT okay with getting on that plane without them! They would be SO FREAKING LOST Lol.

Thank you!! Disneybounding makes the trip a lot more fun, especially when the characters are into it! Aahaha, you could still do it!

Yes yes yes!!! I plan to do as much overlapping as possible as I'm thinking I'll be solo, so a Universal date is definitely in order!!

Donlad needs to step up his game while he's at the circus! Lol

Wow you ladies were busy this morning!

I love love love the Peter Pan and Wendy pictures! I candids of Peter are too funny! They are on my must meet list for my next trip!

The Chipmunks look so cute in their western outfits! I haven't seen them in person yet but they look adorable. I agree they would be super fun to hang out. They have been two of my favorites since I was little and was obsessed with the Rescue Rangers!

I'm glad everyone enjoyed Splash. I always want to take pictures on that ride but I get too into it and I can never get them to come out anyways!

You Mom and Ann's picture from Buzz is too cute! They look like they are having so much fun! Mine normally turn out like yours, so serious! I'm so bad at that ride yet I still get really into it!

Love the Ariel pictures, you too are adorable!

We had a great time! Ug, Peter is always so fantastic, definitely make a stop for him next trip, especially now that he's with Wendy it's so much fun!!

I always want to take more pictures ON the rides, but my camera always ends up being put away, I'm hoping to get a waterproof case for my phone by next time so that we can take more pictures!

They're so cute!! Lol!

That's so cool for your friend Steven! I wish someone would take me on a spontaneous Disney trip!

Love that your mom crowed with Peter! That's so cute and awesome that she can get so into it!

My Buzz picture ALWAYS looks like that! I usually wonder why the heck they even have a photopass in that ride!

You're right about the Liberty Square streets! Gross detail, but hey, it wouldn't be Disney if they didn't pay attention to that stuff! Another fun fact: the shutters on the Liberty Square buildings are lopsided because they used to be fastened with leather instead of metal. After the leather was exposed to the elements, it would stretch!

That sucks that Photopass was so horrible, I've never used it. Thank god for Instagram!

Can't wait to hear more!

Ahaha, yeah, it was pretty great that he could come on such short notice, and I've definitely created another Disney monster, he's already talking about going back in a month, and that was before we even LEFT!

Peter was great! And I know! Like, that ride, everyone's so into it, and you can never really tell when they're taking YOUR picture, I think it's kinda a waste lol, oh well!

I've totally heard that one too!! Photopass was not great this time around, I was glad to have my own pictures, we also didn't use it this past trip!

All caught up! Hope you are having a wonderful time at WDW right now!

Looks like you had a wonderful time so far. I really need to go in September sometime for those short lines. 15 minutes for Ariel?!?!? We never saw her line shorter than 50 minutes.

It was great!!

yes!! You do!! WOW that's a long wait!! I think her line is never really right either, like, if it curves around more than the twice, then yeah, it's gonna be a long wait, but otherwise, it won't!

You spin a pretty good yarn, Katt, and as a Disney father who writes these himself it is always magical to find other quality reports.

I will be eagerly following along so keep up the good work!

-JB-

Thank you so much!! I'm glad that you're following along and enjoying it!! :cool1:a

Hey friends!! Just thought I'd do a little life update here before taking off on the update!
First off: for those of you who follow along on facebook/instagram, you know that this past trip was AMAZING! It was a complete and total blast and I will NEVER grow tired of Halloween Festivities at Disney! Steven was an amazing addition to our Disney group, he's always been a Disney lover but to see him actually back in WDW after 5 years it was great! He's definitely an addict and we are half planning a trip back in DECEMBER! Yay! He also has the dreams of working down there, so you can definitely expect to see us working as a team towards our dreams now! I figured that I won't do a very in depth TR for that trip as I don't have a BUNCH of notes, but I do have some, and plan on working on that TR asap and then tacking it on to the end of this one since it fits!

Secondly, I have officially found and singned a lease for a new house! The oen I'm in now just hasn't been lovely, and the past few months have been hell dealing with bills not being paid and mess not being cleaned up by other roomates. So finally today we found a different place that's also super close to work! YAY!

Hope you're all doing well and ready for this next update!!

We were in the Magic Kingdom, and there’s something that is a MUST DO every time one is in the Magic Kingdom, or at least once a trip, and that is watch Dream Along with Mickey, in its entirety, so that was the next thing on our “to do” list! We waited in the shade til closer to show time and grabbed a spot near the left side of the castle to watch!

Just look at that kick!!

Goofy is so far done with your dumbness…just done…

The dresses for this show are seriously gorgeous, even Aurora’s, which is more stiff like the old one isn’t that bad, it still somehow flows better than the old greet dress? Lol.

Snow White’s just the cutest little thing!

Of course, even fairytales are no good without a little ADVENTURE!

A little Wendy bird was spotted and she thought the whole thing was a little bit funny seeing Donald as Cap Hook!

It’s just a CLOCK! Don’t be silly Hook, Goofy thinks you’re pretty funny now!

But then again, there’s always someone who really doesn’t have time for sillyness and doesn’t think anything’s funny at all…

And when everyone’s worried and scared, there’s got to be at least one hero willing to stand up and fight for a change, right?

Dreams come truuuueeeeeeee!!! Yayaya. It’s a cute show, but holy, I don’t think any of us really appreciated it in its glory today. It was the 1:15 showing and it was just WAY too hot out there, we should have seeked cover in the cooler, air conditioned attractions, but no, I decided it was time for show, and I even felt like I was DYING under that sun right there. I was sure I was getting horrendously burnt, especially since the back of my tank was all lace. Uh-oh… Lol.

Thankfully the show wasn’t that long and we stopped for a cold water break and I quickly suggested heading over to Pirates, and nice adventure through the misty seas, and most importantly, air conditioning!!

Confession: I have never actually stopped and watched that show! I mean, I've seen it going on, but I was always headed towards somewhere else so have always skipped it. It does look cute though, despite the extreme heat you experienced!

Glad to hear you had a good trip and that you now have another partner in crime for your trips!

OMG are you really thinking of another trip in December??? Please keep me up to date on that one. :)

OK, so I looked at that kick and quickly realized I will never be a dancer. Thanks for killing my dreams Katt! :rotfl2:

I STILL haven't seen this from beginning to end, BUT, I do plan to fix that next month FOR SURE!!!

I just love all the close up photos! Almost like being there.

I'm glad to hear you had another fantastic trip!!

So excited for you to hopefully go back in December! I LOVE Christmas time at disney its extra magical! I'm pretty jealous of all your Disney time you are getting lately!

Wow, half planning a trip in December?! Man, and everyone thinks I go a lot!

Congrats on a new house, especially something that's close to work!

Dream Along with Mickey on a Katt TR? Shocking! :lmao:

Okay, that dude kicked his leg super high! I don't think I could even kick my leg that high back in my dancing days!

Congrats on the new house and the possible December trip!

Beautiful pics from Dream Along. :lovestruc

Great pictures of DAWM as usual! I'm starting to recognize a few of the dancers in the show from your multiple viewings! :rotfl:

Confession: I have never actually stopped and watched that show! I mean, I've seen it going on, but I was always headed towards somewhere else so have always skipped it. It does look cute though, despite the extreme heat you experienced!

Glad to hear you had a good trip and that you now have another partner in crime for your trips!

Ahaha, it's a great show!! I definitely recommend watching it later in the day when it's not so hot though lol!!

It was awesome! And i'm super excited for what the future will bring!

OMG are you really thinking of another trip in December??? Please keep me up to date on that one. :)

OK, so I looked at that kick and quickly realized I will never be a dancer. Thanks for killing my dreams Katt! :rotfl2:

I STILL haven't seen this from beginning to end, BUT, I do plan to fix that next month FOR SURE!!!

I just love all the close up photos! Almost like being there.

Heh heh heh Obviously we've chatted about it already!

Bahaha, sorry! Lol. It kills me how well these guys kick, clearly the main thing for m to work on!

Thank you!

I'm glad to hear you had another fantastic trip!!

So excited for you to hopefully go back in December! I LOVE Christmas time at disney its extra magical! I'm pretty jealous of all your Disney time you are getting lately!

Thank you! It was wonderful!!

Christmas in Disney is so magical and amazing, it's so pretty!! Hahaha, I don't know how I'm doing it, but I know I won't be back til May after this!

Wow, half planning a trip in December?! Man, and everyone thinks I go a lot!

Congrats on a new house, especially something that's close to work!

Dream Along with Mickey on a Katt TR? Shocking! :lmao:

Okay, that dude kicked his leg super high! I don't think I could even kick my leg that high back in my dancing days!

Ahahha, this year has been a lot of trips, but not as many as with the AP, and now that I have a new friend that can go whenever, it's an added bonus!

Thank you!

Ahahahah, I know right?! Lol, the dancers can kick amazingly well in this show, I'm pretty sure that's all that really matters :p

Congrats on the new house and the possible December trip!

Beautiful pics from Dream Along. :lovestruc

Thank you!! And thanks again!!

Great pictures of DAWM as usual! I'm starting to recognize a few of the dancers in the show from your multiple viewings! :rotfl:

Thanks!! Lol. Yeah, I definitely have my favorite performers in each show, and it's weird, when we were there in Oct, we noticed a HECK of a LOT of new people in Move It Shake It! All our regulars were probably trained on Boo To You and we didn't see them! Lol

Hi Katt! I love your DAWM narrative. Those were some kicks! The facial expressions on some of those characters are awesome. They do such a great job. This last trip was the first time that I actually stopped to watch the show more than a couple minutes in passing.

Hmmm..... gee I hope you go to Disney in early December... say when other people may be there. ;)

Hi Katt! I love your DAWM narrative. Those were some kicks! The facial expressions on some of those characters are awesome. They do such a great job. This last trip was the first time that I actually stopped to watch the show more than a couple minutes in passing.

Hmmm..... gee I hope you go to Disney in early December... say when other people may be there. ;)

Thank you!! I know right! They sure are talented!! It's actually a super cute show!

Hahaha...totally!

Pirates is such a great attraction, I love that it’s one of the classics, and I love that it’s gone far enough to inspire multiple movies over the course of the years. Love! When we were exiting the gift shop, the Pirate Tutorial with Jack had just begun so we stopped to check that out for a bit.

Now, there was a little girl who was up to battle the side kick, and she had been out at the BBB, full princess dress, hair, everything, and was the CUTEST little thing.

Turned out she was quite the fighter too!

It was rather hilarious watching her battle it out with him and she was so into it and raring to go and just beat him and win the treasure! Cute! It was nearing that time in the afternoon now that we had a little bit of extra time, and it was going to just be time to sit! We found a spot on Main Street just outside of Casey’s for the 3pm parade, and I grabbed everyone’s cards to run down to get some fast passes for the princesses for after!!

It was a bit of a wait for the parade to get there from Frontierland, and it seemed like the weather was starting to turn on us, it had been so hot and insane all day, but the rain clouds were a rolling in and I was starting to get super excited that we’d see what happened when a downpour hit mid parade! (Seriously though, I want to see what happens when that happens!)

There was a small family beside/behind us that had the cutest little girl, pretty sure it was Grandparents and the Grandkid, but I offered her the spot to sit up between Mom and I and she plopped herself on down there and I had a new friend to help kill the time with!

I will never get over how much I love that Stitch is wearing like, 3 ties. So cute!

Sadly, the downpour didn’t occur, it continued to spit and spatter a little bit, but nothing to detrimental for the performers, and not enough to cause the crowds to disperse. Sad! Although good….

DUMBO! Man, I just want to be able to meet him, like, the character they had at the FLE opening was SO ADORABLE and I just love Dumbo so much it’s insane! Also pretty high up there on the cuteness scale, BERT!

Like, stop being so perfect please…also…come out for meet and greets in Florida!

Wendy and Peter looked specifically familiar today, and Belle was looking lovely!

P.S.. WHAT is Ariel’s dress even supposed to be here, like, seriously? This dress wasn’t much better than her remake. This one and the redesign look pretty similar in terms of looking like her wedding dress, but I still like her old one way better…

As we reached the end of the parade Mom turned to me and was all ‘there’s your prince!” to which I clearly replied “Uhm…that may be Prince Naveen, but he is not hanging out with the right person today…besides, Prince Eric was always my favorite” Bahahaha! So classy.

It was weird to me that this was one of the last times that I would ever see this parade! I knew I wouldn’t be making it down to Disney again before the closing, but I did think that I was going to see it again later in the trip. I also wish I had thought to video the Tremaine’s! However, I didn’t, and am very, very excited for the Festival of Fantasy…I believe that’s what it’s called. It looks FREAKING AMAZING.

The parade had managed to beat the rain, I’m pretty sure it rained a bit now, but we were inside the Main Street shops browsing for a bit not before our fast pass window opened up. Gotta love those Disney shops! I was sad to see less Halloween merch than I expected, I knew that more should come out at the actual parties, but still, I wanted it now. I was also having a HECK of a time finding post cards to send back to my friends! I was so sure I had found them on Main Street last trip but couldn’t seem to find them anywhere this time!! Hopefully that would turn around!!

As I’m beginning this update, I just thought to myself “we seriously didn’t get any Main St photopass pictures?!” and then I realized that it probably was in fact, raining, and harder than during the parade. Since the photopass photographers always hide during rain, that would make sense. I’m not one to walk down Main St without taking pictures! Except this time…

Oh well! By the time we reached the end of the street, and the cover of the stores, the rain had slowed down and we scurried across Town Square and over to the theater where we jumped straight into the fast pass lane and were straight into the blue room. There was a woman behind us who had “waited in the wrong line” by accident ….yeah, sure… and was complaining to the cast member rather rudely while he calmly explained that this was the fast pass line, and that she was in the wrong line, without a fast pass she would have to leave and get in the other line. She wasn’t too happy, and lucky for us, the cast member let our group into the princess room before dealing with the woman.

Cinderella was the first princess for us to greet, and she was “meh” as I wrote in my notes. Cindy’s always been okay with us, but that’s it, just okay, I’ve never had like, an over the top amazing experience with a Cinderella, minus maybe last Halloween. I think it may be because she’s one of the classics and isn’t as spunky, but really, if you watch the movie, she is! And like, look how gutsy she is, MAKES her own dress with her kick *** little mice friends, which gets TORN off her by her evil stepfamily, but she still has the kahunas to go to the ball anyways!

Mom commented that she liked the new dress, and Cindy’s only response was “oh yes, my Fairy Godmother made it for me, lovely isn’t it” she also took note of my Disneybound and said “you look like my friend Rapunzel” and then we moved on. Not great, but hey, you get what you get. And it was about to be made up for!

Aurora was immediately chatting away and asked if I liked to braid my hair with flowers, I told her I did, but they had actually fallen out/broken since putting them in that morning, but oh well! She said that Fauna planted flowers all over the castle courtyard, but Rapunzel ended up using ALL of them for her hair and now there was none left!

She wished Anne a very happy birthday, and was just so amazingly interactive and just kept chattering away with us it was seriously so awesome! And even more amazing was while we were distracted talking to her, this was happening with my camera:

Like…best ever…thank you…I’ve seen them do this before but I think the picture didn’t take, and of course, with other people’s cameras, so I was super happy to catch him taking the selfie with mine! Lawl.

Aurora was definitely the best interaction of the princesses that day! But it was time to move on to the one that I was most excited for today, clearly as I was styled after her!

Rapunzel commented that she liked my purple, and asked if it was my favorite color, it was hers! I said I didn’t really know WHAT my favorite color was, it was like trying to pick a favorite princess! I settled on green, and she said “Like Pasca!?” and that’s when I suddenly remembered! Since I had been planning on being Rapunzel for MNSSHP, I had bought a little plush Pascal from the Disney store to go along with it. When the costume bailed on me, I decided to bring it when I Disneybounded, so I pulled him out for a few pictures!

And then Mom and Anne jumped in on the fun with the blondies!

Overall winner of the greets, definitely Aurora, Mom even commented that she was fantastic, so you know you’ve got a winner there!!

That Pirate tutorial is can be so entertaining. I love it when the kids are really aggressive, it's so funny. That little girl was so cute is her princess gear... and sword.

Bahaha, for the first time EVER, someone WANTING it to rain. But I do get your point. Once you've seen the parade it would be interesting to see what happens when it downpours mid-parade.

Well... you may or may not know it, but Bert WILL be out for the Xmas parties this year. ;)

Oy, so awkward to be around whiny rude guests. Glad you got to get away from that.

That photographer at the princess meet and greet = AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great time at MK! How cute the little girl is fighting the pirates!

And the parade pics were great as well - we never seem to stop for parades. :scared1:

What a fun time with the princesses, even if Cinderella was not that exciting. We actually usually have pretty good interactions with her - maybe she's better with the little kids. :confused3 Aurora and the CM were a lot of fun though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter