Frogg Toggs for FL Travel in the Summer

scrappinginontario

They are now available at Dollarama for $3.00!!

2 years ago we traveled to Disney in August and the best way I can describe it was as melt-your-face-off hot! Before our trip I heard about the Frogg Togg and we used them throughout our trip and they were AMAZING! They're a special material that you get wet/damp and drape around your neck and literally feel the heat being removed from your body. Not sure exactly how they work but they are so refreshing! We paid $15 at the time and they were worth every penny but now for $3.00 at Dollarama, run don't walk and pick some up if you're considering a Disney trip this summer! Or, even just someone who likes some relief from our Canadian summer heat at times.

They come in a triangular shaped tube. Here's a pic.

upload_2015-4-29_16-50-26.jpeg

Thanks for the info. We have always read about this for Disney heat but have yet to try. We will make sure we pick up a few before our trip this summer. :flower:

I got 4 today at Dollarama. We are going in February so I don't know if we'll need them but I am going prepared!

For those looking, they were in the seasonal section of our store near all the spring, summer stuff.

Thanks so much!! I checked a location in my area this morning and looked high and low (as well as asked some very confused looking employees lol) and no luck.

Can I ask which area of Ontario you are in?? I'm in the GTA, I'm realllly hoping to find these, my ds has epilepsy and is heat sensitive due to his meds.

I'm east of the GTA but I know of at least 2 locations that are carrying them. They come in a triangular tube. I had a picture and showed that to the girl and that's what triggered her finding them. They seemed to be in/around the toys which was a weird place. There are tons of Dollaramas in our area (even 2 that share the same parking lot!!!) so hopefully if one in your area doesn't have them, another will. Are you able to take a picture of the one above on your phone and show them the picture?

Please PM me if you would like me to email the picture directly to you.

Hope you find them!

These are AMAZING!!! We used them on our honeymoon last summer and they were a lifesaver - we watching FOF in the beating hot sun in the middle of an Orlando July day and had no issues.

We have 6 dollaramas and I have found them in all of them, they have been in different aisles in each one! Best of luck!

Are they a 'once only' use or can you keep wetting them and re-using? We are off to Florida in August this year and these look like they would be awesome for us. Would probably help during my Zumba class too!

Going to Dollarama this afternoon!

You can use them over and over but I HIGHLY recommend washing them each evening and then hanging them to dry. I know this goes against what the manufacturer says but I've used my current one like this for over 2 years.

The problem if you keep them wet in the hot FL sun and don't wash them at night is they become stinky, stinky, stinky! LOL!! I wash and dry mine each night then dampen it and put it in a ziploc each morning before heading to the parks. Worked perfectly for our past 2 trips in August and September.

Just found some in Guelph. Wow, quite the ordeal. I think the staff at Dollarama must have thought I was crazy, going up and down the aisles numerous times. Thanks for the head's up on checking the toy section. That's where I finally found them, but I think it was actually the "sporting goods" section. Think the absolute farthest corner of the store, right up against the back wall, hidden behind racks that meet in the corner. Went down the same aisle three times! On the last pass, I actually went in the opposite direction and that's when I spotted them in the corner, hidden behind little soccer shin pads & sweat bands.

We've never been in August before, so thanks for this idea. Less than 4 months to go...woohoo!

Well, I am happy to report...I FOUND THEM!!!!

I pretty much cleaned out the location near my inlaws today (who are also heading down with us) and bought 8 out of the 10 they had.

Thanks again so much everyone!!

Thanks scrappinginontario. I'm going August 17-26 and these will definitely come in handy. I had to go to two Dollaramas in Hamilton but I finally found them.

Thanks scrappinginontario. I'm going August 17-26 and these will definitely come in handy. I had to go to two Dollaramas in Hamilton but I finally found them.

Which one in Hamilton if you don't mind me asking?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter