Friends go to Disney for dinner and turn it into a week long trip! New updates 12/4

Great pics around the resort, it is such a charming place.

I really wanted to try the Beignets when we stayed at POFQ but we never got around to it. I'll have to get over there at least once next time we go down to WDW (Who knows maybe we will stay there? :) ) which unfortunately won't be until Fall 2014 :sad:

Glad the large tour groups weren't too much of a problem.

When I left off we had made it to the Tree of Life but where should we go? Silly question, it's early and there are tour groups. We headed to Africa.

We saw some West African Crowned Cranes.
918.jpg

On our way to
919.jpg

We got in line at around 10:00. The wait time was listed as 20 minutes and it may have been. Because of the scooter we need to go to a different boarding area. I wish I had taken a picture there. We had a tour group in front of us. This was one of the few times that day they bothered me. Disney has a policy that 6 people go with the scooter/chairs. There were at least 14 people with the one directly in front of us. They were part of a tour group so there was no reason for the special treatment and there were at least 6 adults. Sorry but it annoys me when people do this and Disney allows it. Then you get to read all of the nasty threads on here about the evil people in chairs abusing them. Sorry rant over but I was really annoyed here.

We got on our safari vehicle with - YEP the tour group. I had the last row though so I was happy until
920.jpg

That was not zoomed in on. That vehicle came close to hitting us. The tour group in front of us
921.jpg

I honestly don't know how well they could Habla but I think they understood the driver repeatedly telling them to SIT DOWN!!! The only good thing was she had to stop and I could get a slightly clearer pic. And now I present the Safari

Sleeping Rhino
925.jpg

Hippos, and why I take this pic every trip is beyond me as I have gotten really great shots at the Philadelphia Zoo
928.jpg

Sleeping crocodile
932.jpg

Sable Antelope and Common Waterbuck
934.jpg

Ankole Cattle
936.jpg

The Giraffes were crossing the road
938.jpg

943.jpg

Mandrills
945.jpg

The rear of the safari vehicle. We were waiting for the group to sit down again and I noticed that there is a broom back there. I wanted to know if we were going to have to get out and sweep the trails
947.jpg

Elephants
950.jpg

953.jpg

Cheetahs
959.jpg

the Lionesses. I was so happy to get them alert
960.jpg

I was taking pics of the rhinos and this ostrich just poked his head up to look at me
964.jpg

Warthogs
966.jpg

And with that our safari was over and we made it back to civilization. Kristel had been texting Scott so we knew they were on their way to AK while we were in line. They arrived about the time we got on the safari and as we got off our safari theirs was just beginning. We stayed in Africa to wait for them. I was entertained by these guys
971.jpg

And watching people dance with them. It was a great way to pass the time. And I liked this poster
972.jpg

Scott and Vinny caught up to us and we began walking. On the way we saw
974.jpg

It was around 11:45 at this point based on pictures and notes. Coming up do we eat or go on rides?

Great Safari pics! Awesome close up of DeVine, I just love her, she is so cool!

Great update and pics.

I guess the bahama mama was not a good idea.

Never had a beignet yet. Maybe someday.

I think that horrible girl was in the green group. Maybe it was blue.

You got some great pics. Our safari was not so good.

Great Safari pics! Awesome close up of DeVine, I just love her, she is so cool!

Thanks I was really happy with the safari pics. I love Devine. I have been known to stalk her. :lmao: I try and get a time when I know she will be out to get a good spot and just watch sometimes. Seeing the reactions of people who knowing about her is really fun.

Great update and pics.

I guess the bahama mama was not a good idea.

Never had a beignet yet. Maybe someday.

I think that horrible girl was in the green group. Maybe it was blue.

You got some great pics. Our safari was not so good.

Thanks Scott. I'm trying to catch up to you.

The Bahama Mama was really good. I had mono years ago and I wasn't allowed to drink for a year afterwards because my liver was effected by it. I guess it was long term. I can have a drink but every now and then it just gets me really sick.

There were so many groups there that day I'm surprised we didn't have more problems from them.

We really did have a great safari. It's funny how they can change that fast you were only a little behind us timewise.

This last trip was the first time I didn't take photos on the safari, just enjoyed the ride.

When I left you all hanging we had left Africa, saw a moving vine and were headed towards Asia. Where were we headed? For FOOD!!! We were hungry. I know there are a lot of good places to try in AK but I have to eat here
2614.jpg

I knew just what I wanted so I gave my order to Kristel and headed down to find a place to sit. It really wasn't to crowded yet which was surprising. I found my favorite spot with a view
983.jpg

Kristel and I both got
986.jpg

I love that pulled pork sandwich. I got chocolate mousse and she got a key lime (no pic)
987.jpg

The sandwich was good as always. The mousse is just too sweet. I don't like lime so I had little choice. Scott had a turkey sandwich that he said was very good. Vinny had me laughing. He ordered the Barbecued Chicken salad. He then complained the whole time he ate it that there was too much chicken in it. Now from what I saw there didn't seem to be a lot of chicken. He doesn't like chicken. I still don't know why he ordered it. :confused3

Anyway our hunger taken care of we went over to see some Dinosaurs. We were sent on a secret mission to bring one home with us. It was basically a walk-on. I managed to get this
988.jpg

Then Scott and Vinny got treated to a ride in the elevator. I have to take an elevator to the exit to get on and my party gets to go with me. We were seated quickly and I took a few pics. Most were horrible and I don't try that hard on this ride. I did get
991.jpg

Scott has the ride pic on his TR. After that we headed over to
1004.jpg

Kristel wanted to ride Primeval Whirl. I don't spin. Scott doesn't like it and I'm pretty sure Vinny doesn't like it either. We told her to have fun, we'll wait. I took a few shots in the area while we waited. I liked this one as I never saw that area before.
1006.jpg

Then I focused on here
1009.jpg

I wanted to get a shot of Kristel on the ride. So I waited. And waited. And WAITED!!! Then Scott remembered there are two sides. We waited at the wrong one. Oh well there's always another day. She joined us and we wandered on.
1011.jpg

We decided to see some friends. They left but came back.
1014.jpg

1018.jpg

1019.jpg

I gave my camera to each handler to get the pics on my camera. One of them had a sense of humor and took a picture of my chest. I'm hoping it was a pic of my shirt as he did refer to me as Grumpy. My t-shirt that day said "Genius by birth, Grumpy by choice." My family seems to think it describes me.

Anyway we went on another walk.
1022.jpg

A clue
1024.jpg

Scott wanted to see
1031.jpg

I went on this in August and had to leave about the time this guy appeared
1036.jpg

My grandson is terrifed of bugs. Live, dead, fake, he doesn't care so I missed most of the show. It was nice seeing the whole thing this time. And a parting pic
1042.jpg

It was actually a good thing I left in August. I hadn't seen the bug show in awhile and forgot about the spiders. They did scare a few people.

At this point Scott and Vinny were heading back to SSR for some down time and Kristel and I were staying to explore some more. Scott gave us his photopass lanyard so we could get the picture from Expedition Everest. With that we said our good byes and went our own ways.

This last trip was the first time I didn't take photos on the safari, just enjoyed the ride.

I can't help myself. I can't enjoy it without the camera. My mom says she will never go to Disney with me again because I am annoying taking pictures.

Scott and Vinny left and Kristel and I headed back to Asia to see the Yeti. We decided to get FP's and put the Yeti on hold. We had some time to kill, maybe 30 to 45 minutes? So we went on a trek - the Maharajah's Jungle Trek. Now I have attempted to identify the birds and animals as I got through here and so far have had little success. My husband already knows when we go down next year I am going to get an identity of everything I take a picture of.

Right now I have a Duck
1048.jpg

A different duck
1049.jpg

A crane
1052.jpg

The bike is no longer in this scene
1055.jpg

A good shot of the tiger
1058.jpg

This one I know - a MAndarin duck
1063.jpg

1064.jpg

Nicobar pigeon
1069.jpg

1068.jpg

Fairy Bluebird
1071.jpg

1073.jpg

Victoria Crowned Pigeon
1079.jpg

As I was taking pics in here Kristel just kept looking at me like I was a little crazy. I am afraid of birds. I will run and hide when I see a bunch of birds together. She has seen me in action. When she came to visit over the summer we went down the shore. There are gulls everywhere. Someone dropped a pizza and the gulls descended from everywhere. Rational person that I am I ran screaming looking for cover. For whatever reason I forget this when I am taking pictures. More birds
1086.jpg

1091.jpg

1092.jpg

The elusive and very FAST Golden Pheasant
1094.jpg

Yes I did take a lot of pics of birds and I really appreciated the fact that Kristel let me spend some time here doing that. She did get her reward for it though. As I was concentrating on trying to get the shot of the Golden Pheasant a couple of the smaller birds took flight - aiming right for my head. I felt the wind rush past me and heard their wings flapping. I knew they were headed to peck out my eyes. OK I have seen Hitchcock's The Birds a few times too many. They did come perilously close to my head though. Rational person that I am I SCREAMED! I dove sideways while screaming over the scooter. Not an easy task wearing Frankensteins boot I must say. I had several people look at me like I lost all sense of sanity and yes at the moment I did. :lmao: Kristel laughed a long time over that one and teased me a few times too.

Having survived "The Birds" we headed to find Bigfoot.

Were you at Epcot on Friday the 12th? I was going on Soaring and swear I saw that decorated scooter out side of the ladies room near the entrance. I am usually a looker and this is my first response. We were there Oct 7th-13th. My daughter got married that Wednesday and that was why we were at Disney. I live in Florida 3 hours south of Disney near Palm Beach. I couldn't believe the picture of your scooter and remembering seeing it!!:wave2: I also always used Walker for my husband and there scooter's have been going downhill the last few times we used them. Lots of problems. Going in December using Apple Scooters who can delivery to bell services.

Were you at Epcot on Friday the 12th? I was going on Soaring and swear I saw that decorated scooter out side of the ladies room near the entrance. I am usually a looker and this is my first response. We were there Oct 7th-13th. My daughter got married that Wednesday and that was why we were at Disney. I live in Florida 3 hours south of Disney near Palm Beach. I couldn't believe the picture of your scooter and remembering seeing it!!:wave2: I also always used Walker for my husband and there scooter's have been going downhill the last few times we used them. Lots of problems. Going in December using Apple Scooters who can delivery to bell services.

:wave2: Hi. Thanks for coming out of lurkdom. I actually was at EPCOT on October 12th and used that rest room. You were there the same dates we had. I know the Palm Beach area. My aunt lived in Palm Beach Gardens and I have a cousin in West Palm Beach. My aunt moved to half an hour from Disney and never goes there. Congrats on your DD's marriage.

I have had issues with Walker's scooters the last 2 trips but they were really good about getting me a new one right away. I like the basket on their scooters better than what I have seen on other companies. I will have to see what I want to do next year. I will have to figure out how to decorate Apples scooters because I am not waiting around for drop-off and delivery with Walker. They are hoping to get on the preferred list by next year though.

Oh I wish we stayed. Between you and Vinny in the with birds I would have wet myself. :rotfl2:

You did get some great shots of the birds.

Flame Tree was basically empty and I think that is why we went then.

ITTBAB is so much fun.

Oh I wish we stayed. Between you and Vinny in the with birds I would have wet myself. :rotfl2:

You did get some great shots of the birds.

Flame Tree was basically empty and I think that is why we went then.

ITTBAB is so much fun.

You definitely would have wet yourself. I think Kristel didn't because we had a potty break before we headed in to the birds.

Thanks I am terrified of them but I do love to get pics of them. Ususally from under a hoodie. :rotfl2:

It really was almost empty when we got there. I do have to branch out and try something else one day but I love that pulled pork.

It was a fun show. I'm glad I got to see the end this time.

:wave2: Hi. Thanks for coming out of lurkdom. I actually was at EPCOT on October 12th and used that rest room. You were there the same dates we had. I know the Palm Beach area. My aunt lived in Palm Beach Gardens and I have a cousin in West Palm Beach. My aunt moved to half an hour from Disney and never goes there. Congrats on your DD's marriage.

I have had issues with Walker's scooters the last 2 trips but they were really good about getting me a new one right away. I like the basket on their scooters better than what I have seen on other companies. I will have to see what I want to do next year. I will have to figure out how to decorate Apples scooters because I am not waiting around for drop-off and delivery with Walker. They are hoping to get on the preferred list by next year though.

What are the odds of me seeing you there! WOW!!!:dance3: We go a few times a year. I actually live in Lake Worth out by the turnpike. We are going again Dec. 9th for a week. We have use Walker for years and always loved them. There scooters just aren't kept up as well lately. Yes my husband likes there basket the best too. Its so big.

What are the odds of me seeing you there! WOW!!!:dance3: We go a few times a year. I actually live in Lake Worth out by the turnpike. We are going again Dec. 9th for a week. We have use Walker for years and always loved them. There scooters just aren't kept up as well lately. Yes my husband likes there basket the best too. Its so big.

That really is cool. I often wonder if I see any fellow DIS members when I'm there. I would love to live close enough to be able to go to Disney more often but my DH hates the heat plus I would miss the grandkids.

Walker does have the best baskets but I think that they became so popular that they weren't keeping up on the scooters. Maybe that's why they aren't a preferred company yet. I am hoping by time I go again they are. I like to stick with what I know.

So sorry you are afraid of birds. I'm a total bird lover, some are so beautiful.
I used to own an african senegal.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=african+senegal+parrot&qpvt=african+senegal+parrot&FORM=IGRE#

Great tiger shot!

I love taking pictures of birds, I even owned a few. I had a pair of cocatiels (spelled wrong on purpose) named Pongo and Perdie. My kids asked if they could have them while I was sleeping. They knew that I would say yes as I was not awake enough to comprehend what they asked. My DIL lived with me for 3 or 4 years for the same reason. I am fine with them in cages just cannot handle birds on the fly.

Thanks about the tiger pic. I love cats - big and little.

My fear of birds will continue - I am watching the Hitchcocks the Birds right now.

When I left off I had been attacked by birds and decided I had enough pics. We had FP's to search for the Yeti so off we went. I do like the stand-by line as there is so much to see but this was quicker. I did manage to get a picture
1124.jpg

Now I am not a huge coaster fan. I already banged up my ankle on BTMRR so I was hoping for a nice quiet middle car. Lucky me I got the seats all the way in the back. Kristel was happy
1129.jpg

I took pics
1131.jpg

1135.jpg

View of the Tree of Life
1138.jpg

I am NEVER riding in the back again. OK I will if that is where I get stuck but I am going to hope that I never ride in the back again. When we got off of the ride Kristel got our ride pic added to Scott's photopass. I looked like I was having fun so maybe it was better than I thought.
expeditioneverest.jpg

And we were on our way. I did like this
1153.jpg

When we got off EE there were lines everywhere. I checked my watch and it was around 3:30. The parade was going to start. As we wove our way through the crowds we decided to do the safari one more time. The lines are usually a little shorter when there's a parade from what I remembered anyway. And they were - for standby
1155.jpg

That was a walk on. The line for us scooter/chair bound folk
1156.jpg

Yep we had a wait. When you see threads about us chair bound people getting front line passes don't you believe it. We had a bit of a wait but it was worth it. We had another great ride.

An Okapi hidden up in the trees
1159.jpg

Another sleeping rhino. I really think the rhinos hate me - I always get butt shots even at our zoo
1161.jpg

A Hippo out of water.
1171.jpg

A Croc in water.
1175.jpg

I think this may be a Greater Kudu
1183.jpg

Wildebeest
1184.jpg

Ankole Cattle
1186.jpg

Giraffes
1187.jpg

Elephant
1195.jpg

Ostrich
1201.jpg

Scimitar-horned Oryx
1205.jpg

And my best pictures of all - Lions awake
1207.jpg

1208.jpg

I love how the big guy has the top of his tongue out. We have a cat my husband named Tip because he sits the same way.

I think this is a Sable Antelope
1210.jpg

And finally a Warthog.
1211.jpg

I was really happy we did the Safari again. The pictures of the Lions made the whole ride worth it for me. The woman in front of me thanked me after the ride. I was a little confused because other than smiling at her baby I didn't do anything. She had forgotten her glasses or contacts, not sure which but she was able to see all of the animals as I took pictures of them. My good deed for the day,

With that it was about 4:30 or a little later than that so we headed towards
1212.jpg

Where do we go next? Stay tuned.

Joining in to say hello and that I am enjoying your TR.

I know how you feel with the ankle injury. I fell down the stairs in July and I had to rent an ECV for our trip in September. After our September trip, I had to have surgery on it and I just got my cast off a week ago. It still hurts very bad and I still can't walk. So we are renting the ECV again for our Thanksgiving trip and I will wear the Frankenboot as well. I hope yours is all better and that you are getting around well.

I hurt my ankle bumping around on BTMRR and I didn't ride it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter