Friends & Family 40% off room discount

Discussion in 'The College Board' started by ZiPaD3doDAH, Apr 23, 2013.

1. ZiPaD3doDAH

ZiPaD3doDAH DIS Veteran

Hey guys!

My friend is a cast member and she is out on vacation so I don't want to bother her with this question so i'm posting it here since you guys would know.

I know that cast members get 50% off their hotel stay at Disney and they can get their family & friends 40% off.

However, is that 40% off the total stay price or 40% a day?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. eadavis

eadavis Mickey is my Homeboy

Disney Resorts use date-based pricing and the discount is for room-only, not incidentals or other amenities. So the price per room, per day, is discounted.

4. wilkeliza

wilkeliza DIS Veteran

Also be aware it is not always 40% and sometimes only the most expensive hotels are left. I believe last year I did see it as low as 30 and got a better deal off Expedia because the rooms we wanted (LM) were excluded from CM discounts.

5. leeg229

leeg229 Mouseketeer

It depends on the day/season/availability of the hotel. My parents stayed at CBR during low season and I got them 55%. It all really depends.

6. ZiPaD3doDAH

ZiPaD3doDAH DIS Veteran

Good to know it's based on all those factors. Thought it was a standard 40% off.

Thank you all for replying so quickly!

7. MissPrincessKendall

MissPrincessKendall Earning My Ears

It also can change depending on what Disney has as far as open rooms. They open up dining options and when you do that it bumps your discount up to 60% in most cases and the actual dining plan is discounted as well. Your friend just needs to check the hub periodically to see what discount updates are going on.