Friends and Family Discount

Ok this may take a bit of backstory to explain but I'm not sure how else to do it.

My friends daughter will be doing the CP in the fall and me and my friend are already planning to go down to visit with her in October. We're not picky about where we would stay, though we have our preferences, and I believe the daughter might be staying with us so there might be a greater discount... thats not my concern. My concern is this:

I am a ride junkie... as such I like getting all my FP+ planned out. As the daughter will have limited comps I am fine with buying my own set of tickets for the trip and letting my friend (the mom) use the comps. So here is my question. As I am not the one making the reservations or would be the one whose name is on the reservations for the room will there be a way they (either mother or daughter, whoever's name the reservation end up being in) can add me and my MDE account to the reservation so then I can attach the tickets I buy seperately to that reservation and can then make all my FP+ rezzies?

(Did that make sense?)

Te reservation MDE account can invite your MDE account to 'plan and share' which will link you up.

I've done it both ways..

My friend stayed in our cabin once, and we received his employee discount. The room was in all 3 of our names. He has his own MDE account and added us as family so we could share reservations and FP+, but we could also make our own including or excluding him. Any changes to the room reservation have to be made by the employee.

We also have done the F&F without him in our room and it works exactly the same way. The only difference is that the reservation is "ours" now and we can do with it what we like, such as add or remove nights, etc. We still make FP+ the same way, either including or excluding him. The same with dinner reservations.

He is now a regular employee, and as such, has limited time to spend with us. It's nice that we can make plans with or without him.

Your tickets are attached to your account and not to the room. So your own MDE will have your admission tickets, and the CM will have admission tickets on their account. It doesn't matter when making plans as long as each person has a ticket attached to their name - no matter where the account is. As a matter of fact, my husband doesn't even have his own MDE account, I added him as family and attached his ticket in my account.

Thank you all for replies. Think I may have to set up mom and daughter with MDE accounts.
I've already been making dining rezzies and planning stuff out. They totally just said go ahead as they both know I love to research and plan. Ok I will stop stressing about it till we actually make the room reservations. Thank you again.

Ok this may take a bit of backstory to explain but I'm not sure how else to do it.

My friends daughter will be doing the CP in the fall and me and my friend are already planning to go down to visit with her in October. We're not picky about where we would stay, though we have our preferences, and I believe the daughter might be staying with us so there might be a greater discount... thats not my concern. My concern is this:

I am a ride junkie... as such I like getting all my FP+ planned out. As the daughter will have limited comps I am fine with buying my own set of tickets for the trip and letting my friend (the mom) use the comps. So here is my question. As I am not the one making the reservations or would be the one whose name is on the reservations for the room will there be a way they (either mother or daughter,hoever's name the reservation end up being in) can add me and my MDE account to the reservation so then I can attach the tickets I buy seperately to that reservation and can then make all my FP+ rezzies?

(Did that make sense?)
I think it makes sense just not sure if it will work. The CP person that made our reservation for us will not be staying with us, thus we just got the 40% F&F discount, but the reservation is in my name and I linked it to MY mde account. I would guess you could link the resort reservation as long as you had the confirmation number????

Well with only 2 weeks left until I hit the 45 day payment mark it looks like no dining discounts are gonna come out.......Oh well I still think I come out ahead with the adr's I made.

Has anybody seen the new policy being posted about on the resorts board, not being able to shorten a stay if the days you want to keep are not currently available?

This is making me very nervous. I have booked Oct 28-Nov 8 at POFQ with my friend's CM discount, but I am waiting on an exchange to come through RCI for DVC. If it comes through, I was planning to knock off whatever nights I no longer need at POFQ. I could need to keep anywhere from 2-4 nights if the RCI week comes through. And if those 2 nights are Nov 6 and Nov 7, I'm not liking my chances that they will still be available with the CM discount. And depending how late this exchange comes through (could be another month or 2), I'm not sure any other options will be available. So much for having myself covered. I guess the only good thing is that I can hold the RCI reservation (if it matches) until I can call Disney to find out if the change I will need will be possible. And if I need to turn down the RCI match, we'll just stay the whole time at POFQ.

Free Dining Question with CM Room Discount.
When free dining is released can CM get free dining too? What if you already have a room reservation and free dining happens to fall within your dates, can you get the free dining promo? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Free Dining Question with CM Room Discount.
When free dining is released can CM get free dining too? What if you already have a room reservation and free dining happens to fall within your dates, can you get the free dining promo? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

You can't have both, no. FD requires a full price room and at least 2 days of tickets booked together as a package.

You can't have both, no. FD requires a full price room and at least 2 days of tickets booked together as a package.
Do you know if they release more FF rooms later on? I have a friend searching for me and there is no availability for many hotels for the week we are going. Supposedly one of the slowest of the YEAR.

Do you know if they release more FF rooms later on? I have a friend searching for me and there is no availability for many hotels for the week we are going. Supposedly one of the slowest of the YEAR.

It just depends. They don't really hold rooms back, because if they can make more money off of them they will.

As it gets closer to your trip if rooms aren't filling they tend to allow more discounts to be applied. Discounts have been REALLY limited this year it seems.

Hi again, friends!! So I currently have a F&F room booked for Dec of this year. We will most likely be moving our trip to May 2016 (I'm expecting this July :)) Will it be an issue calling and changing dates (especially because the new dates are in the next year) when they release? Or will we have to hassle through canceling and rebooking?

I'm not entirely sure about that, but I'm betting you will have to have the cast member call & cancel & rebook. I wasn't able to just cancel the dining portion of our F&F reservation. My choices were to either cancel the reservation (CSR & dining) & rebook (CSR was not available so we would have had to move to POP) or leave the reservation as is & pay for the dining plan. I re-worked my dining calculations & I think I can make it at least break even for the $1700 I'm spending on the dining plan. For me, it wasn't worth not staying at CBR and canceling the reservation that I had almost completely paid off. I also couldn't change my dates AT all - one day earlier, later, etc. So I believe you're going to have to cancel & rebook. - Hopefully I'm completely wrong!

Hi again, friends!! So I currently have a F&F room booked for Dec of this year. We will most likely be moving our trip to May 2016 (I'm expecting this July :)) Will it be an issue calling and changing dates (especially because the new dates are in the next year) when they release? Or will we have to hassle through canceling and rebooking?

CM discounts for next year won't be out until later most likely. If you are just changing dates and wait until they're out they should be able to modify.

Can anyone tell me more about the Friends and Family Discount? My aunt is a CM and has offered this discount to us, but she hasn't been very good about detailing the discount for us.

Thank you!

40% for,you but if cast member is in room with you it is 50%. I have a CM friend and lucky she lets me use her discount twice a year.

When is the best time to have a CM call about a discount? My nephew is a current DS cast member and will be doing the CP in the Fall. I am planing to visit him in October. He has called twice and checked the Hub and so far all that is available for my week in October is a Concierge room at Boardwalk. Since I am just going myself I am trying to keep the room cost down. Does anyone know if other resorts or rooms open up at some point and when the best time would be for him to call. I don't want him to have to keep checking for me. I would love to stay at CBR or POFQ. I went ahead and booked a package at Pop when FD came out for the week I want. At least I won't have to pay for food while I'm there.

My friend has had the best luck when we're within 2 months of our desired dates. I generally book a regular room at whatever discount I can get in the event my choice never becomes available at the F&F rate. So far, it has.

Does a CM have to check in with you in order to get the F&F discount. What if he is not staying with me? My nephew is a cast member at a Disney Store but will be doing the CP in the Fall. I asked a reservation CM this question and he said that my nephew does't have to stay with me and that all he needs to do is fax or e-mail his CM ID and driver's license. But my nephew does't think that is true. Does it depend on the type of discount?

Has anyone ever done a comparison on a Fall trip with Free Dining VS CM discount? I'm wondering if rooms during that time usually go for 50% off plus discounted dining plans? Thanks in advance!

Actually I am doing that now. My CM nephew got a quote for a preferred room at Pop for 7 nights for $505 for me. I booked a pkg when free dining came out for the same room category and QSDP. From what I can see I would save about $250 for the whole week using the CM discount and purchasing separate PH tickets and QSDP. He could not price the discount DP as it was not available at the time I am going so my numbers are based on full price QSDP. I'm doing a solo trip so the savings may not be as good for a large party.

Does a CM have to check in with you in order to get the F&F discount. What if he is not staying with me? My nephew is a cast member at a Disney Store but will be doing the CP in the Fall. I asked a reservation CM this question and he said that my nephew does't have to stay with me and that all he needs to do is fax or e-mail his CM ID and driver's license. But my nephew does't think that is true. Does it depend on the type of discount?

For FF they do just need to fax or stop by the front desk.

Actually I am doing that now. My CM nephew got a quote for a preferred room at Pop for 7 nights for $505 for me. I booked a pkg when free dining came out for the same room category and QSDP. From what I can see I would save about $250 for the whole week using the CM discount and purchasing separate PH tickets and QSDP. He could not price the discount DP as it was not available at the time I am going so my numbers are based on full price QSDP. I'm doing a solo trip so the savings may not be as good for a large party.

If you're using the CM discount they need to be there.

If you're using the FF discount they can fax and don't need to be present.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter