Fridges in all moderates and deluxes

michaelwilliammidd

DIS Veteran
Don't know if this has been talked about today or not...if so sorry for the double post. But, I just had to say how cool is it that they are putting fridges in all the moderate and deluxe rooms....just when you think Disney can't get any better...they always take a step up in my book....I love Disney...just had to celebrate.:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I read something about the fridges on this board awhile ago. Are the fridges free now that they are being put in all rooms? I am going Oct 1-9 and staying at the PO-Riverside. I am wondering if there will be fridges in the rooms then, or should I just request a fridge?Will I be charged then?

Don't know about all the resorts but I just got back from the Poly and there was a fridge already in my room when we checked in and we were never charged for one. If you really want one, I would just make sure to request it on your reservation so you won't be disappointed. Also, ask if they are charging for them - no question is ever stupid. Maybe with everything that's been going on down there and people being stuck in their rooms they are putting them in sooner rather than later(?).

It's a small fridge but it came in handy for us with leftovers and lunchmeat/condiments.

I can remember a time when there were bigger fridges in the value resorts with no extra charge for them.

Will the fridges also be in the Dolphin and Swan rooms?

I am also interested in weather the fridges have a freezer in them or are they just a fridge.
Anybody know?
Betsy

Here is the snippet that I found out about it from, it comes from the update on Mouseplanet......

Over the next few months, all moderate and deluxe resorts are having refrigerators installed in the rooms. If there one isn't in your room, you should still be able to request one at no charge.

:p

Originally posted by michaelwilliammidd
Here is the snippet that I found out about it from, it comes from the update on Mouseplanet......

Over the next few months, all moderate and deluxe resorts are having refrigerators installed in the rooms. If there one isn't in your room, you should still be able to request one at no charge.

:p

I was at POR a week and a half ago...we had a free fridge since I needed it for my daughters medicine but I was talking to others at the pool who were being charged 10.50 a day for it since they did not need it for a medical reason. I had asked at the front desk about them being installed in the rooms and they said over the next few months they would be but if you needed one now for reasons other than medical they were still charging for them until they were installed in the rooms...

I called about adding a fridge to my ressie at WL. We arrive tomorrow. I was told that we would be charge $10 for each night. What a bummer. I was going to get cereal and milk for breakfast for a couple days but not anymore. :o( I will probably still pick up sodas and water and just use the ice machine.

Jaci

I called the WL yesterday and was told there would be NO CHARGE for the fridge. She said if the room did not have one they could accomodate free.

OK...I just spoke to Sharon at the WL. She put me on hold for 1 minute and then stated that there will be no charge for a refrigerator even if I need one to be brought up to the room.

whew....that lots of $$$ for a 14 day stay!:Pinkbounc

When I checked into the BC on 8/28, the CM told me the fridges were not free. The next day I called housekeeping and requested one and they delivered it to my room that afternoon. I must have asked them three times during the call if it was free! The fridge had a tiny freezer, but it didn't really freeze anything (I put two water bottles in the freezer portion and they did not freeze.) But it was great having it in our room for fruit, drinks and jelly for my kids pb&j sandwiches. I'm so glad I called housekeeping.

I guess I'll just wait and ask when I get there and not worry about the milk for breakfast.

Jaci

CSR (or at least 8B) did not yet have the fridges. Contemporary did. It was so nice to have the fridge - I could buy milk for cereal the night before instead of having to trudge off to the food court in the morning. I also bought a large bottle of water so we had cold water whenever we wanted.

It is so ironic that I happened to see this post today! I have 2 families arriving at the Contemporary 10/9 for the Grand Gathering special. One of the ladies emailed me today and said she had heard that fridges were being intalled in all moderate and deluxe properties. Did I know anything about this? Told her I didn't but would check it out. Called the Disney Travel Travel Agent line and was told "Absolutely not....where did you ever hear such a thing!" The CM was just a bit too snipity for my taste so I pushed a little harder and asked if he would check into it for me---after holding for 17 mins, we were disconnected! So I called back, spoke to another agent who said "Ma'am I have no way of knowing what resorts have refrigerators and which ones don't." Told her I wsa checking on the Contemporary. She put me on hold and after holding for another 15 mins, she came back and said yes there were complimenatry fridges in the rooms and wanted to know how I knew about this since it had not been announced yet and was not public knowledge.
From my understanding, they are putting fridges in all the rooms but not all of them have them yet. I requested fridges for both of my families.
:wave:
Karen

That's great, but I wonder why they are not doing it also at the Value resorts. I don't really use them, but would be curious to know.

Chell---that's a great question. I have no idea and wondered the same. We won't get to go again for a long time but it'd still be nice to know the answer to that since I sell so much Disney.
Anyone know?

I had a very UnDISNEYLIKE CM get very rude w/ me when I asked if the fridges were no-charge at CR for our upcoming November trip. He was very very rude. He also wanted to know why in the world I would think that--they are charging $10.00 + tax a day...

I hope when I go in Nov. I DON'T get charged!

Rockmomma-----I think we must have had the same CM when it came to the questions about the fridges in rooms. The man I
spoke to asked me the same question"Where in the world did that question come from?!" GEZ.......

Has anyone stayed at the POR-French Quarter lately that has had a "free fridge" in their room? I am going in 15 days and I would like one. I picked up my tickets today from my travel agent and I forgot to ask to request one. I am wondering if I should call Disney myself or wait until I get there? I just don't want to be charged, and it sounds like the whole issue of free is subjective between different Disney resorts.

disneynay---I would either ask my TA to check into it for me or call directly before you get there. You can always make requests in advance and then once again when you get there. I'm a TA and
requested fridges in the rooms for my 2 couples that are going 10/15. No problem at all.
Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter