1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Fridge at Pop

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by amy611lou, Feb 15, 2013.

1. amy611lou

amy611lou Earning My Ears

I thought I read somewhere that the value resorts now have fridges in the room free of charge. Am I crazy or is this true now? The last time we stayed at value this was not the case.:goodvibes

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. MADnNOLA

MADnNOLA DIS Veteran

All the Value Resorts have the mini Fridges now! :goodvibes

4. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

All the values resorts have what is referred to is a beverage cooler; they were completed with the installation in April 2012.

They are the size of a small dorm fridge.

The reason it was done is because it was cheaper to install them in all of the rooms, rather than pay for storage area for requests, the personnel needed to keep track and deliver/pick-up the fridges, lost time wages due to back injuries, etc.

They are also are small enough and have no freezer compartment, that they don't use up nearly the electricity that the fridges do in the moderates and deluxes. They basically just keep things cold.

5. amy611lou

amy611lou Earning My Ears

Thank you:banana: Just need something to keep some water/sodas cold! Yay, one less expensive (not like I won't spend it on something else at Disney but hopefully something more fun than a fridge)

6. SolitaryPhoenix

SolitaryPhoenix Mouseketeer

There is a fridge, no freezer section as has been mentioned, but if you're a coffee drinker be advised there is NO coffee maker, I repeat, NO coffee maker in the room!!! :eek: When I realized that, you could've knocked me over with a feather, and I'm a big girl. :rolleyes1