1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

French Quarter show pics here

Discussion in 'Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video' started by Tinkfan10, Jun 8, 2008.

1. DisneyFreak06

DisneyFreak06 DIS Veteran

Thanks Stacy!

Is this resort so uncrowded that not many people have pictures of it? I guess it is a smaller resort, which would mean that less people have stayed here, right?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. jsoren11

jsoren11 All the adversity I've had in my life, all my trou

Anyone have pics of adjoining rooms with door open and closed, also pics with rollaway in the room, thanks a bunch!!!

Jon and Chris plus 6

4. marypopfan

marypopfan DIS Veteran

If anyone is going soon I would love to see pictures of the menus in the foodcourt to see what they have to eat. Thanks.

5. GGJames

GGJames Earning My Ears

Great pictures. I love these resort photo threads.

6. Dr_Finkelstein

Dr_Finkelstein DIS Veteran

I think it just depends if people are able to post pics, and how many want to?.........When we stayed at POP 2 years ago we never really thought to take lots of pics of the resort.
    We are going in a month and plan to take loads of pics and will post them then.
    We originally were meant to be there now, but our travel firm went belly up 3 days before our holiday.....we managed to rebook for November but as we had lost out on free dining had to go for POP as we thought we couldn't afford a mod.
    Today though we just decided to go for it and upgraded to POFQ! Credit crunch....what credit crunch???????

7. PumpKiNWiTcH

PumpKiNWiTcH There's no better way to have fun!

Wow. Another nice hotel from Disney. I've never been here before.

8. kaffinito

kaffinito <font color=teal>Grant me the Serenity to Accept t

9. DisneyFreak06

DisneyFreak06 DIS Veteran

WOW! I'm happy you were able to fix a trip. Scary about your travel firm. That's a fear of mine. I book Disney on my own, but I'd love to get to Europe sometime and I'd probably want help with that one. Please do take pictures of POFQ for me! I'm going in December, but only for 2 days, and I'm really enjoying the pictures everyone is posting!

kaffinito Thanks for the great pics!

10. PNO4TE

PNO4TE <font color=blue>DIS Musician<br><font color=red>P

11. marypopfan

marypopfan DIS Veteran

Thanks, I looked at those but they haven't been updated since 2007. I was looking for some new ones to see if anything has changed.

12. Dr_Finkelstein

Dr_Finkelstein DIS Veteran

Hi DisneyFreak 06,
    DH is planning on stalking the grounds of the resort with his camera....he'll probably get arrested. :lmao: But hopefully he'll have got some photos before hand.
    It's been pretty hairy over here lately, there's been a few travel companies that have gone bust. We're now going with Virgin, I think if you stick to the 'big' companies you should be ok. :thumbsup2
    Di x

13. PNO4TE

Looks like the ones on the DIS are from this month! http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?Restaurant.ID=178

14. marypopfan

marypopfan DIS Veteran

Oh great!!! The last time I looked a couple of weeks ago it was from 2007. Thanks!! :thumbsup2

15. aggiegirl1234

aggiegirl1234 Mouseketeer

PNO4TE, does POFQ hang Christmas wreathes on all the doors or did ya'll bring your own?

16. PNO4TE

We always bring our own wreaths and Christmas trees. And, because I have two daughters who are just as persnickety as I am, we theme them for the resort where we are staying. Same trees every year, different decorations! Mardi Gras beads, gold ribbon with purple/green/red polka dots, and multicolored glass balls were perfect for POFQ!

17. Smileybug

Smileybug Some honey for my old tags back

I do love the idea of the wreath on the door. We will be there Dec. 14th. Can't wait!!

18. PNO4TE

We pack up the Christmas decorations over Thanksgiving vacation and about 10 days before our trip is to begin I ship them to our resort so they are there waiting for us. If you decide to do a wreath, remember the over-the-door wreath hangar!

19. Smileybug

Smileybug Some honey for my old tags back

Thank you so much for this tip!! :goodvibes

This will be our first stay at this resort. From all the pictures we have seen we are really looking forward to it. I know everyone talks about the decorations at the Deluxe resorts. But...Oh my goodness it looks like the POFQ has been terribly overlooked.

20. Mickey's Sister

Mickey's Sister DIS Veteran

Hi POFQ Experts!

I have several questions about this resort:

1) Do they 'pipe in' music along the walkways like they do in some other resorts? If so, is it jazz?

2) I heard that Scat Cat Club offers jazz music some evenings - is this true? And if so, does this lounge welcome kids like POR's RiverRoost does? The reason I ask, is that my 14 year old is an avid jazz musician & would dearly love to hear some jazz during our trip, He's 14 & very mature. He has wanted to visit the Scat Cat anyway to see the jazz memorabilia.

3) The buildings that were formerly smoking buildings - can you still smell the smoke? I'm extremely allergic & even if there's a tiny hint of smoke residue I'll end up sick. Just want to be pro-active in requesting a building, if we decide to stay here.

I'm really torn right now & would welcome advice. My sister & I with my son & niece planned to go to Disney next month & have reservations at POR. Sadly my brother-in-law's mom passed away suddenly, so obviously my sister doesn't want to leave him alone next month (MIL lived with them) so we are switching our reservations to June. My sister already switched hers & they gave her a very good rate at POFQ (I think due to the death in the family, though no one explained anything). Anyway, I don't want for her to miss out on the great rate & we want to be in the same resort. But I had my heart set on POR. I love it & have always wanted to stay there. I'd love to hear thoughts from anyone who has knowledge of the 2 places. I know POFQ has excellent ratings, but I don't know much about it. For some reason, it just didn't move me the way POR did. I realize they share facilities, but... HELP!

Sorry to ramble on...thanks!!!

21. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

As you say, you can share all the facilities anyway, so whichever resort you end up in you can experience the entertainment at the other - it's a ten minute walk, so no problem in popping back and forth. Both resorts are great (and the music at POR is good too, same general idea).

Andre