French Quarter show pics here

Discussion in 'Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video' started by Tinkfan10, Jun 8, 2008.

1. kaybird

kaybird DIS Veteran

Thanks for the nice words! Love doing the 360 shots, seems to give a real prospective :) I Try to shoot around people, and I shoot enough shots that I can stitch them together and sometimes get rid of the people that way. We are going to the CR over the 4th, bet I don't have that kind of luck!!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. YesMickey

YesMickey Mouseketeer

The similarity to the actual French Quarter is what is cool. The pic of the "riverwalk" in between the pool and the river reminds me of the riverwalk in NO between Jax's Brewery along the river to the Aquarium and the Riverwalk mall. Have stayed at POFQ and PORx2 and have never noticed that.:thumbsup2

4. YesMickey

YesMickey Mouseketeer

There is a T.V. in the food court also for the kids.:thumbsup2

5. Charleston Princess

Charleston Princess DIS Veteran

Here are some recent pics from our stay at the beginning of June:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. MeMom

MeMom DIS Veteran

From our December trip.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. mmmbop

mmmbop DIS Veteran

Thank you for all the pictures! POFQ is our favorite resort. We stayed there almost every year until the price jump/value resorts. I have so many pictures of me from my youth around the resort - especially posing with those gators ;)

Now that it's up to me, it makes me so excited to see the pictures and plan to go back to FQ. Woohoo!

8. stace1214

stace1214 Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the pictures! This is our first stay at POFQ- I'm so excited! I was a little leery about staying in a moderate, my last two trips (back in high school with my parents) were at BC and OKW, but now I really can't wait!!

9. DC5Chick06

DC5Chick06 Earning My Ears

OOOOOOO Y'all got me excited for my trip this weekend! I just found this forum and love it already!!!!!

10. Susan2771

Susan2771 Mouseketeer

Oh gosh I get goosebumps looking at this thread! We leave in 50 days and it's so exciting. My husband refuses to let me show him any pictures of POFQ because he wants to be surprised. I did all the research, planning and booking and he just wants to enjoy it all with our girls, whatever I have planned. These 50 days can't fly soon enough!

11. fishfish

fishfish Earning My Ears

12. MatterhornMiss

MatterhornMiss Mouseketeer

My first moderate experience was CBR, which I wasn't too impressed about, but after staying at CSR and now seeing these amazing pics of POFQ, I am amazed at the theming of the other Moderates!

13. mousiemom

mousiemom adam lambert lover!

we've stayed @ POR and as we were riding by the POFQ by boat taxi i told my dh i would like to stay right there!! i want to stay in the bldg. to the left or right of the pool facing the river. we loved staying @ por but now we want to give pofq a try. we are going may 09!
    the pics are great!!
    mousiemom

14. freesone

freesone DIS Veteran

Facing the pool from the river, Building #5 is on the right. We request that building each year. Good location for the pool, food court and buses.

15. mousiemom

mousiemom adam lambert lover!

oh thank you! i saw people walking down the walkway to the riverside and it didn't look like too far of a walk. yes, i will definately ask for bldg. 5 on the top floor!!
    thanks
    mousiemom

16. waterfront

waterfront Earning My Ears

Love, Love, Love all the pictures! We're taking our 1st ever trip to WDW and staying at POFQ. This helps to reaffirm I made the right decision.

17. MaryPop888

MaryPop888 Earning My Ears

We are leaving in 22 days for our honeymoon, and this is the first time that both of us are staying on-site. Thanks for the pics- I can hardly wait until August 10th rolls around. I'll be sure to post some of my own pics on here when we get back! :woohoo:

18. PoohPhan

PoohPhan Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the pics of POFQ. We're so excited for our upcoming stay there! The kids and I just finished our countdown sticker calendar (only 31 more days!). This will be my family's second WDW vacation (my fourth) and first time stay on-site for all of us.

I'm curious, has anyone taken the carriage ride around the resort and if so, did you think it was worth it?

Also, what did you think of the food at the cafes/restaurants there? Is it a long haul to the other restaurants and themed pool at POR?

Thank you for any tips!

19. andrewilley

andrewilley Port Orleans Guru

Grin, we're a day ahead of you on the countdown front. :)

The carriage ride is fun, it lasts about 25 mins and is a relaxing way to see the resort. It sets off from the POR marina area and goes over to POFQ and back.

The walk over to POR is about 850 yards and is a very nice 10 minute stroll. The food court there is much like POFQ's in terms of food quality, but is a good deal bigger and has a little more choice. Boatwright's is the table-service restaurant at POR which serves food with a slightly cajun feel.

Andre

20. SuzieN

SuzieN DIS Veteran

Loving all the pics of my favorite resort!

21. kaffinito

kaffinito <font color=teal>Grant me the Serenity to Accept t

Does anyone have anymore pictures of POFQ? Pretty please! :teeth: