1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

French Quarter show pics here

Discussion in 'Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video' started by Tinkfan10, Jun 8, 2008.

1. freesone

freesone DIS Veteran

We go in September every year. We always ask to be in building#5, as close to the pool as possible, and they have always honored this request. It's also close to the food court and the bus stops.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. I'mwithGrumpy

I'mwithGrumpy Mouseketeer

Wow, awesome pics! Thanks for getting us excited for our first stay next April. Gonna be a long wait, but you guys are feeding the excitement :thumbsup2

4. sdzman

sdzman Kid @ Heart

5. pooksma

pooksma <font color=red>Can't help it~there is something a

If anyone has a photo of building 7 I'd love to see it. Also some more of 2 if you have them.:banana:

6. lissiesmum

lissiesmum DIS Veteran

wow! sdzman, those are great pics that I haven't seen before, especially the one of the dragon slide next to the river...I had no idea the pool was that close to the water...how beautiful!!! Do you have any more???

7. Tinkfan10

Tinkfan10 Mouseketeer

Does anyone have pictures of people swimming at night or the resort at night?

8. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

I've got Riverside pool at night, but not FQ. Would that help at all?

Andre

9. Tinkfan10

Tinkfan10 Mouseketeer

sure post any and all you have :thumbsup2 I would love to see this thread get as big as the Riverside one

10. Northern Disney Girl

Northern Disney Girl DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for posting all these great pictures! :goodvibes I am so excited about our trip in January! It will be our first time and I have wanted to stay at this resort since my last trip to the WORLD in 1994! Thanks you Terk1 for the picture of the kid's waiting area! I was trying to find out if there was an area with a TV etc for the kiddos to hang out at while us parents check in! :)

Keep the great pics coming! Thanks to all who post! :cool1:

11. tonuki

tonuki Earning My Ears

Oh my Gosh I heard about Port Orleans and really wanted to go and now after seeing these pics I REALLY want to go! ::yes:: I grew up part of my childhood in the real New Orleans so I'd love to get Disney's take on it.

12. cinnderly

cinnderly cinnderly's username has nothing to do with Cinder

I am
    d
    y
    i
    n
    g
    for more pics!! Anybody?

I'm guessing this isn't the most popular resort...

*Note to self* take lots of pics of POFQ on trip in August to post on Disboards.

:goodvibes

13. kelleigh1

kelleigh1 <font color=purple>Disney Baby<br><font color=gree

We stayed at POFQ in January 2006. So far, it's our favorite moderate resort. Here are some of our photos. (These were all taken before I went digital.)

The stairway from the 3rd floor. I just loved the detail work.
    [​IMG]

A closeup of some of the detail work.
    [​IMG]

The pool
    [​IMG]

Our building - Building 4
    [​IMG]

Our room (we had a standard room and overlooked the courtyard and could see the parking lot.)
    [​IMG]

The waterway and boat dock to DTD.
    [​IMG]

The view from our room.
    [​IMG]

14. YesMickey

YesMickey Mouseketeer

How cool it appears you are on the second floor on an end room facing the hot tub/laundry room with your end wall as the corridor wall leading to the rooms on the inside courtyard area. When we stayed there in February, we were in the room behind you that faces the inside courtyard. Our bathroom wall is adjacent to that room's bathroom wall.:thumbsup2

15. SkyGirl

SkyGirl Survivor

Here are some of mine from our trip in December!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We love this resort and are going back this December!!

16. tinks4ever

tinks4ever Mouseketeer

some more pics please..... i am coming from the UK in Aug 09 to this resort at would like to know as much as possible what would be the best room to ask for? also any pics of the food in the restaurant??? pics of anything POFQ
    THANKS ALL

17. soontobewed07

soontobewed07 DIS Veteran

Here's a few more

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. christadv

christadv Earning My Ears

i am staying at the french quarters on my upcoming Disney vacation.. and i just wanted to say that those pictures are beautiful... makes me more excited about my trip and it was had to find nice pics of the french quarters!

[​IMG]

19. Danielle1971

Danielle1971 Mouseketeer

We will be there in August 08 and I just love all the great reviews and lovely pictures. I'm getting very excited. Do they have elevators? We are staying in a standard room. Do they all have great views? Should I request a particular bldg? With 2 boys 6 & 8 I need to have a good view but accessible to pool, buses, or food court. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

20. kaybird

kaybird DIS Veteran

21. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

Love the 360 photos. I've seen them before and always marvelled at how you managed to get them so people-free during daylight hours! Did you need to do anything special to take them, I might have a go at POR next trip.

Andre